Immaculate '79 Sud Sprint - sold for £9k - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
 11Likes
  • 2 Post By Defonsecca1
  • 2 Post By sprintfan
  • 3 Post By kittersasp
  • 2 Post By 66kegsti
  • 2 Post By garagefull

(Post Link) post #1 of 7 Old 4 Weeks Ago Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Lancashire
Immaculate '79 Sud Sprint - sold for £9k

In case you didn't see it, here's one for you Sprint enthusiasts. What a lovely example, and great to see these highly under-rated Alfa Coupes are being appreciated at last, especially in value:

https://www.historics.co.uk/buying/a...sud-sprint-15/

.... it was such a Sprint which started my passion for Alfa's as my first car back in 1990. Happy memories.
Mufasa and garagefull like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

(Post Link) post #2 of 7 Old 3 Weeks Ago
AO Member

County: -
I looked at this, I don't think it was fully immaculate. The plastic wheel arches and sills are completely no standard, I suspect the may have been hiding something, also ugly rear spoiler. It didn't seem to sit right either, but I guess it seemed solid in the important places! Was surprised at how much it went for....
kittersasp and 66kegsti like this.
(Post Link) post #3 of 7 Old 3 Weeks Ago
AO Member

Good to see the prices as they should be for such a rare Alfa now, I looked at this and thought it was ok but would now price mine at least approx 15k . Wouldnít sell for 20k though haha! Seriously donít think many good ones are going to be found now. Anyone owning one now is very lucky !!
Mufasa, 66kegsti and garagefull like this.
(Post Link) post #4 of 7 Old 3 Weeks Ago
AO Member

County: Northamptonshire
As said, a few bits are wrong and and missing, but it could be a good base to fettle but you need to budget for possible bodywork repairs if those arches are removed and correct wheels are sorced.
I do get annoyed when sellers claim originality when it is clearly not. A genuine good , sound car, is one thing, but not original.
Mufasa and garagefull like this.
(Post Link) post #5 of 7 Old 1 Week Ago
AO Member

County: Bristol
Garage
Thatís quite a price achieved considering, as others have pointed out, some of the non-original aspects of the car. There was an early series Sprint for sale a couple of years ago with low mileage, more original and in excellent condition for about £14k so maybe the price achieved is reasonable for the car.

Does anyone have an opinion on how later model sprints (with the plastic bumpers and sides skirts) compare in price to the earlier chrome bumpered ones?
(Post Link) post #6 of 7 Old 6 Days Ago

County: -
I bought this car
It does need a bit of work on the body and is going to the body shop over winter to get this all sorted, the sills etc looked strong and mostly the structural elements were (to quote my resident mechanic) "Sound". Otherwise it looked ok - it's got 34K miles that appear to stack up and unbelievably everything works at the moment.
I've had many cars in my time so I thought why not an Alfa, it was a chance sighting, I happened to be at Brooklands earlier in the week and ended up buying the car. I've the garage space, time and some spare money to look after it so hopefully will keep another one on the road, I guess they are relatively rare. That said this one will get used and will be out and about so you may see it in the south west London area.
you may even see me on the forums when something inevitably needs fixing.
Mufasa and kittersasp like this.
(Post Link) post #7 of 7 Old 4 Days Ago
Club Member
Membro Medio

County: Landon Tan
Garage
Looks nice seems to sit high or are they all like that

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 33, Sud & Sprint

Tags
immaculate , sold , sprint , sud , £9k

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page