Alfa Romeo Forum banner

166fest - 2020......?

Tags
166fest 2020
6K views 80 replies 17 participants last post by  Mexibug98 
#1 ·
For those of you on here ( but not on the 166 UK - Register fb ) who want to join in :-
Idea is, if you are interested in attending a mass 166 get together next year ?, then
put your name and location ( City or County will do ) down on here by end November.

The centre of gravity (location) of those interested will dictate which venue we choose,
or at least nearest central event for everyone, when complete I will shift the listing on
here over to the Register thread - or you can go direct and put it on there.....Jim.:party:

#2 ·
On a separate thread some indicated interest , are you four OK ? with me adding you to the list on the 166 Register fb thread ,
it has had a very promising response in just a matter of hours ( circa 25 so far ).....let me know via here please - Tar Jim.
Namely - Haydn (Leeds) / Mick (Dublin) / Derek (Manchester) and Avocet (NW Cumbria).

#77 ·
On a separate thread some indicated interest , are you four OK ? with me adding you to the list on the 166 Register fb thread ,
it has had a very promising response in just a matter of hours ( circa 25 so far ).....let me know via here please - Tar Jim.
Namely - Haydn (Leeds) / Mick (Dublin) / Derek (Manchester) and Avocet (NW Cumbria).
A
For those of you on here ( but not on the 166 UK - Register fb ) who want to join in :-
Idea is, if you are interested in attending a mass 166 get together next year ?, then
put your name and location ( City or County will do ) down on here by end November.

The centre of gravity (location) of those interested will dictate which venue we choose,
or at least nearest central event for everyone, when complete I will shift the listing on
here over to the Register thread - or you can go direct and put it on there.....Jim.:party]
Hi I have just joined the forum.Has a date and place been Ageed for the 166 gathering.I am based near Skipton North Yorkshire.I would love to meet fellow owners.My car is a 1999 166 super 3ltr manual.

#5 ·
Thought that might come up......

Guessed this would happen and I have no problem including the 164's , I am however an interloper on the
166 UK Register FaceBook ( I'm not an AROC member ) - a bit cheeky in starting this on there I guess but
well intended. Let me ask them the question ( suggestion ) and confirm back to you on here - OK ....Jim.

#11 ·
Okey dokey ....

I take your point but we are some way from choosing a venue as yet , we are collecting names & locations
through November to then compare the centre of gravity with most central venue(s) that emerge from the
2020 Event Calenders in December. I will put you down on the list ( that makes 28 so far ) - Jim.

#14 ·
OK, synopsis of the pattern so far:-
A good initial response (29) to encourage others to join in through the coming weeks of November period. Somewhere in England
seems to be the most likely venue(s) for a meet with 85% of the responses, so far.
Two large zones are equally dominant, as follows :-
THE NORTH - with a potential (11) made up of- Lanc's-5,York's-3,Cumbria-1,Durham-1 & Scotland-1.
THE SOUTH - with a potential (12) made up of- London-3,Essex-2,Kent-1,Berk's-1,Reading-1,Oxford-1,Devizes-1,Bristol-1 & Devon-1.
CENTRAL - A sub-group of Birmingham-1,Coventry-2 & Wilt's-1 could attach themselves to either (or both) the North or South set.
IRELAND - Dublin-2 & N.Ireland-1 could conceivably, via Holyhead, align themselves with the North set too.
I will now update this on a weekly basis ( to keep this thread visible ) through November - pending receipt of the 2020 Event Calender (Dec?).
Cheers - Jim.

#22 ·
There's also the Cheshire Classic Car Show in early June at Tatton Park, Knutsford. This is a pretty big event with lots of Owners Clubs & Drivers Clubs on display. What I like about this one is there's always a good number of unusual / specific Clubs eg) Opel Monza / Vauxhall Royale / Senator, Toyota Supra, Mazda MX-5, Saab 900 Turbo, Impreza, Peugeot GTI's etc. So the 164 / 166 would be very welcome. However, it's a 2-day event Sat & Sun. Plus a bit of a trek for the Southern entourage I guess - though you'd fit right-in in posh Knutsford....:jester: !

#26 ·
166/164 FEST - update ( up to 38 interested now ):-
The object is to involve as many owners / cars as possible overall, so it is looking like two events ( 1 South -20 / 1 North -18 ) - or
more as some people might well attend both. I also believe we will attract a few more when we firm up on dates & locations , now
waiting for the 2020 Event Calenders to emerge - but open to venue suggestions too of course!!......cheers - Jim.

#32 ·
I hear your call.......

Yes, looks a good NORTH option , tempting enough for the far North & Scotland Boys & Girls too.
Seems that Auto Italia are negotiating a meet in the North and one in the Midlands, no location
stated as yet so we will wait and see which becomes the optimum choice ( date / location wise ).

Auto Italia hav also confirmed 3 events at Brooklands for 2020 although the SOUTH Group are
widely spread from Kent to Devon so, again gonna wait for all the options ( AROC ) on the table.

#35 ·
UPDATE - we now stand at 42 'interested' overall, but still await full Events Calender.
In the meantime - the SOUTH ( 17 owners so far ) presents a tough geographic choice.
The South interest spreads from East Kent/Essex/London/South Bucks/Reading/Oxford/
Devizes/Bristol and Devon, the halfway point is, roughly, North Berks - does anyone have
experience of the Brooklands meets ( Auto Italia )? , 3 there this year.....Tar - Jim.

#36 ·
There is the main AutoItalia event normally in May.
This is a very large gathering...big crowds, lots and lots of vehicles on display...queues to get in etc.
Other events include a Super Car Sunday, which isn't everyone's cup of tea...and as not exactly relevant to big Alfa saloons...and classic car breakfasts, which are good, but again, 166es are only 20 years old....
Is there another event in particular at Brooklands?
Also, Brooklands is south of London...

I would have thought that a meet in the Midlands somewhere would draw the biggest 166 gathering.
For me in Kent ...I am used to having to get around the M25/over the Dartford crossing/past Heathrow before even starting to get close to anywhere except France or Thanet, but to impose the M25 on everyone else could be an unnecessary grind...

#39 ·
OK, I now have a couple of dates for the NORTH / SOUTH ( as outlined above ) to chew on -
The NORTH 26/04/20 York Air Museum
The SOUTH 05/07/20 Bicester
Both are AROC Events , there are more to come but I would appreciate who, of our 42
'interested' owners might now convert to 'likely to attend' by some feedback on here,
thanks - Jim.

#41 ·
I can't make either dates unfortunately.

York would have been perfect, flying back from holiday in Cyprus that day so won't be back in time.

Also away for the second one, taking the 166 to France for the Le Mans classic weekend, looking forward to the drive down. Did it last year in the 75, it's a brilliant weekend if you ever get the chance to go.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

#42 ·
HEADS UP FOLKS - I need your feedback ( to establish viability of 166/164FEST ).
All those who expressed interest previously ( and any others ) please indicate your
ongoing interest in one or both of the meets proposed above - just add your name
and preference ( NORTH ) , ( SOUTH ) or ( BOTH ) on this thread please.....Tar .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.