2011 159 Sat Nav - Questions! - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

(Post Link) post #1 of 30 Old 26-03-15 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: -

Member car:

159 ti

2011 159 Sat Nav - Questions!

Hi All! Can someone please give as much info about the new sat nav found in the late models? (2010 - 2011. Screenshot attached).

Info Required:

- What is it's actual name? as I can't put my finger on it.
- How can I update the EU maps? Can I just over ride the SD with some maps I download?
- What is all this that I hear about v12.3? what is that exactly? is it the new Blue&Me version?

Sorry for the very nooby questions

Thanks in advance!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg alfa_romeo__159_sw_2_0_jtdm_16v_ti_sport_navi__full_color__2010_2010_12_lgw.jpg (52.5 KB, 70 views)

Last edited by bertu159; 26-03-15 at 14:51.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Member

County: Hampshire
I have this sat nav in my Brera, I think its a NAVTEQ system, and if you look at their website there doesn't seem to be any updates after 2010/2011, so I think we are stuck with the maps we have!

I'm not sure if you can override the SD car either!
(Post Link) post #3 of 30 Old 30-03-15 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

159 ti

Anyone know if it is possible to remove the compass when in NAV mode please? I would like to remove the compass so that the map would take the Full Screen. Is it possible? thanks!
AO Member

When you press the map button, it should go full screen, mine does?
(Post Link) post #5 of 30 Old 01-04-15 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

159 ti

Hi Dalewis, Thanks so much for the reply Will give this a try and let you know.
(Post Link) post #6 of 30 Old 01-04-15 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

159 ti

Which one is the map button? I only have these options: Music / Tel / Trip / Nav (as per original screenshot above)
AO Member

County: Voronezh
This radio called "RadioNav" if I don't mistake. I had this in Alfa 159
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bertu159 View Post
Which one is the map button? I only have these options: Music / Tel / Trip / Nav (as per original screenshot above)
Here is a screen shot of mine using the NAV button!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2980.jpg (121.2 KB, 58 views)
AO Member

County: Greater London
Quote:

Info Required:

- What is it's actual name? as I can't put my finger on it.
- How can I update the EU maps? Can I just over ride the SD with some maps I download?
- What is all this that I hear about v12.3? what is that exactly? is it the new Blue&Me version?
- The updated unit in the later cars is known as both RadioNav or InstantNav depending on the market. (The older unit is known as ConnectNav).
- 2015 maps can be downloaded on to a (suggest new) SD card from Alfa Romeo - 159 - 2011
- v12.3 is the RadioNav's own software/firmware, and I believe is the latest software version. (Incidentally, it looks like the latest B&M update for second generation B&M (which the RadioNav units work with) is now 9.0 (released 27 February 2015).
AO Member

County: Doboj

Member car:

Alfa Romeo 159

Is anybody interested to buy latest maps, I am interested to split expenses, please contact me.

County: Gargur
Looking for help.

Ok I have a 2010 159 which came with reguilar CD player, USB connection and Blu & Me.

I now bought the OEM integrated Stereo with SatNav. 2008 model

I want to try get the installeation done but it does not seem a simple swap as under the current stereo there is the Blu and me box.

Any advice as to what to do.
Dealership here does not want to make the adjustment as i did not buy the car from them.

and regular installers don't really know how to do this so i will try myself. I'm pretty technical but need advice.

Al;so does the satnav come with Blu and me installed. as it does have a plug in the rear that is very similar. but slightly smaller.

thanks
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteMight View Post
Ok I have a 2010 159 which came with reguilar CD player, USB connection and Blu & Me.

I now bought the OEM integrated Stereo with SatNav. 2008 model

I want to try get the installeation done but it does not seem a simple swap as under the current stereo there is the Blu and me box.

Any advice as to what to do.
Dealership here does not want to make the adjustment as i did not buy the car from them.

and regular installers don't really know how to do this so i will try myself. I'm pretty technical but need advice.

Al;so does the satnav come with Blu and me installed. as it does have a plug in the rear that is very similar. but slightly smaller.

thanks
I think you have got hold of the older ConnectNav unit which was fitted to cars built pre-September 2009.
This unit has an integrated telephone (SIM card), so B&M is not needed, and cars originally fitted with ConnectNav did not come with B&M.
In terms of retrofitting, as you are swapping out the Blaupunkt 939 unit, which is smaller in size to the ConnectNav, you will need to fit a new centre console with the larger aperture and correct head unit cradle. You would need to relocate the B&M unit to the side of the footwell.
I don't know whether the wiring needs adapting, but there are forum members that have successfully retrofitted these units.
I recently retrofitted the later RadioNav (which works with B&M) to my 2007 vehicle which needed a few additional hardware upgrades (post September 2009 B&M unit and speedo cluster), as well as adapting the wiring/fakra adapter. As you have a 2010 car, it might be easier to install the RadioNav as you should have all the right hardware. But you would still need a new centre console and a fakra adapter. And a Multiecuscan license to proxy align everything.
Good luck
(Post Link) post #13 of 30 Old 06-04-15 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

159 ti

Quote:
Originally Posted by notapkram View Post
- The updated unit in the later cars is known as both RadioNav or InstantNav depending on the market. (The older unit is known as ConnectNav).
- 2015 maps can be downloaded on to a (suggest new) SD card from Alfa Romeo - 159 - 2011
- v12.3 is the RadioNav's own software/firmware, and I believe is the latest software version. (Incidentally, it looks like the latest B&M update for second generation B&M (which the RadioNav units work with) is now 9.0 (released 27 February 2015).
So should I update to v12.3? I am asking because I have to update the B&M so it can support my iPhone 5S properly.
AO Member

Quote:
So should I update to v12.3? I am asking because I have to update the B&M so it can support my iPhone 5S properly.
Hi, apologies but I realise v12.3 refers to the older ConnectNav unit's firmware. The latest RadioNav software is 1.19.1 I think. But only the dealers can update the RadioNav software.
In any case, the RadioNav firmware should make no difference to whatever B&M firmware you are running and to pairing your iPhone. The RadioNav firmware is more about graphics and features.
Incidentally, I loaded up v9 of the second generation B&M software yesterday, and my iPhone 5s works perfectly after re-pairing with B&M.
AO Member

County: Berlin
Quote:
Anyone know if it is possible to remove the compass when in NAV mode please? I would like to remove the compass so that the map would take the Full Screen. Is it possible? thanks!
yes it is possible, go to the navigation settings menu, map options and you'll find option for the full screen

unfortunately, there you loose the radio/media information
AO Member

County: Doboj

Member car:

Alfa Romeo 159

Quote:
Originally Posted by notapkram View Post
Hi, apologies but I realise v12.3 refers to the older ConnectNav unit's firmware. The latest RadioNav software is 1.19.1 I think. But only the dealers can update the RadioNav software.
In any case, the RadioNav firmware should make no difference to whatever B&M firmware you are running and to pairing your iPhone. The RadioNav firmware is more about graphics and features.
Incidentally, I loaded up v9 of the second generation B&M software yesterday, and my iPhone 5s works perfectly after re-pairing with B&M.
Are you loaded, v9 over usb, for my AR159 (end of 2010) latest version of B&M is only 6 ?
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neso View Post
Are you loaded, v9 over usb, for my AR159 (end of 2010) latest version of B&M is only 6 ?
Yes, I've loaded V9 for the second generation B&M: http://www.blueandme.net/blueandme/i.../news/?id=ID28
AO Member

County: France

Member car:

159 SW TI TBI

Hi all. I also have the "Radio Navigator Marelli" head unit in my 159, and its software version is still 1.18.

I read above that only dealers can update to latest software (1.19 it seems). But maybe this has changed now and there is a way to update the software without going to the dealer? Maybe someone has a link to share?

Thanks in advance.
AO Member

I had a play with one of these before I got a Kenwood sat nav fitted. One winner, the Alfa one was rubbish compared to a top of the range aftermarket one
AO Member

Member car:

159 SW TI TBI

Hi, thanks for your reply. Maybe this is the best way to go in future, but right now I would like to keep the original radio.

Some questions though, the RadioNav is a bigger than standard Double DIN, right?
Does your Kenwood fit properly, or are there any adapters for the front available?
Do you have a photo of your installation?

can anyone give me a coppy of sd card for instant nav?
if someone have a leatest 2017 maps, please make a iso coppy
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by misamd View Post
Sorry guy's I've moved on, no longer have Alfa. I now have a Mercedes GLA AMG - Lovely car, 0-60 in 4.8 Sec....., but the change was due to a dog!
AO Member

County: Overijssel, Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by misamd View Post
Don't you need to "activate" the maps with some info about your radio?
If not there would have been an (illegal) upload ages ago.
AO Member

Member car:

159 SW TI TBI

Yes the maps have to be activated by a code that is unique to every head unit. No cost sharing possible. But there's a solution on a polish Alfa forum.
AO Member

County: Overijssel, Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by dksp View Post
Yes the maps have to be activated by a code that is unique to every head unit. No cost sharing possible. But there's a solution on a polish Alfa forum.
I found it, can I post an english version here?

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

Tags
159 , 2011 , nav , questions , sat

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page