AlfaOBD and TPMS - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

(Post Link) post #1 of 8 Old 01-09-19 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Kildare
Garage
AlfaOBD and TPMS

Hi again.

I used the AlfaOBD software to activate a few features on my car, like the reversing sensor distance on the display, and I activated TPMS (stupidly)
I don't think my car has the TPMS sensors installed, so now everytime I set off I get the message "Tire Pressure Monitoring not available" and the flat tire symbol.
I have no idea how to turn it off again. I tried selecting 'not enabled' on the configuration setting on AlfaOBD and doing a Proxy Alignment but it's still showing up. It's very annoying and I want to delete it.
Does anyone know how?

Thanks!

P.S. 2010 159 2.0jtdm 😉
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

(Post Link) post #2 of 8 Old 03-09-19 Thread Starter
AO Member

Garage
Bump

Does anyone have any ideas? I have an NCT coming up and this light is a fail 😭

Cheers
jwq
Club Member
Membro Premio

Club Member Number: 857
County: Zuid Holland
Garage
from MES, proxy alignment :

This function can enable/disable the functioning of the Tire pressure monitoring system (TPMS).
To enable or disable this functionality you need to execute this adjustment and select 'Present' or 'Not Present'.
PLEASE NOTE: You have to execute the PROXI Alignment procedure after changing this value! Otherwise your vehicle will not accept the changes.
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bren Doran View Post
Hi again.

I used the AlfaOBD software to activate a few features on my car, like the reversing sensor distance on the display, and I activated TPMS (stupidly)
I don't think my car has the TPMS sensors installed, so now everytime I set off I get the message "Tire Pressure Monitoring not available" and the flat tire symbol.
I have no idea how to turn it off again. I tried selecting 'not enabled' on the configuration setting on AlfaOBD and doing a Proxy Alignment but it's still showing up. It's very annoying and I want to delete it.
Does anyone know how?

Thanks!

P.S. 2010 159 2.0jtdm 😉

Hi Bren

I was using AlfaODB recently to check the status of the DPF and to ascertain how regularly the DPF was performing regens etc, and I found the app really helpful.

But I had no idea I could make a change to show the parking distance on the display, that sounds great - could you explain how it is done? For example, do you need a paid for version of the app?

Thanks
rancid
AO Member

County: Tyne and Wear
Hi All

Bear in mind that it isn't any external 'app' that makes changes to what your car does/can do, it is the software on the various electronics units in the car that have a provision for you to ask for those changes to be made, if you ask right, then the change is made.

When you plug one of these devices onto your cars CAN bus it will simply call out codes to all the electronics units and if it uses the right codes and a particular electronics unit recognises it, then that electronics unit will do as requested.

The devices they use in Garages just know more about the various codes than the people who program the one that you can buy - knowledge as they say - is well, cash in the bank!

Cheers
James
(Post Link) post #6 of 8 Old 09-09-19 Thread Starter
AO Member

Garage
Thank you one and all! I feel like a purchase of MES is in order!

As for adjusting the parameters, I uses the full version. Might be possible with the free version, but I'm not sure.

I connected to the body computer of the car. Then selected the active diagnosis tab (think that's what it's called) and chose "Configure Car"
Select "show parking distance on display" and enable it. Then perform a PROXY alignment and you're done!
(Post Link) post #7 of 8 Old 4 Weeks Ago
AO Member

County: -
Which device did you use to connect the car to alfaOBD?
Need to do a proxi alignment as I replaced the head unit.

Last edited by Bossanova; 4 Weeks Ago at 22:28.
(Post Link) post #8 of 8 Old 4 Weeks Ago Thread Starter
AO Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossanova View Post
Which device did you use to connect the car to alfaOBD?
Need to do a proxi alignment as I replaced the head unit.
As in which OBD Adapter? I used an OBDLink LX Bluetooth Adapter and the full, paid version of AlfaOBD to carry out a PROXI Alignment.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

Tags
alfaobd , tpms

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page