159 1.9 jtdm fuel pressure error (3 months in service) - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

(Post Link) post #1 of 5 Old 05-10-18 Thread Starter

County: -
159 1.9 jtdm fuel pressure error (3 months in service)

Hey. 4months ago i bought this beauty. Buy in Lithuania, seller was from Austria.
Alfa romeo 159
1.9 110kw 2007

And after 500km+- i get my engine check light and engine stop.
At different moments i get LOW FUEL PRESSURE errors . the engine turn off itself and i cant start it. Sometimes for several hours, sometimes for several days, sometimes it can start after few minutes. This error comes in different cases: completely unrelated: just trying to start engine in the morning; when making parking moves, while driving on a free gear; when pressing the accelerator, while just driving; everytime different cases. Occasionally, an error is thrown at 1000+ km of driving, sometimes after 5km, sometimes after a +100km ride, completely accidentally.
My car is in best Lithuania alfa romeo service about 3 months and they cant find way, where is the problem. Maybe someone had this issue?
Servise checked a lot of things. Every wires from fuel pump in tank, fuel tank is tested a lot of times, nozzles checked too, fuel pressure regulator checked, all sensors are checked, and more. Still car get engine checked the same day or after few days...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20180703-004323~2_1538769093799.jpg (29.6 KB, 9 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Silver Member

County: West Sussex
...what about the fuel pressure sensor (opposite end of the rail to the regulator) or the wires leading to it? Could be sending incorrect info to the ecu.
(Post Link) post #3 of 5 Old 05-10-18 Thread Starter

Thanks for the answer. Tried with new fuel pressure sensor - same problem. Also mechanics checked the wires carefully.
Is there chances, that the ECU is guilty of everything this? Service saying that they can try to put used ecu from 159 (first clone mine, then change them)
(Post Link) post #4 of 5 Old 15-04-19 Thread Starter

Still fighting with this... High pressure fuel pump, regulator, sensors, all was changed, hoses checked, fuel tank cleaned, wires checked, ant still the engine check sometimes comes up! Where the hell problem can be? I think we need exorcist!
Os there possibilitys thar is problem with crank sensor or something like that?
AO Member

I had this problem. I tried changing the fuel pressure sensor, fuel filter etc. I also sent the engine ecu away for diagnostics, it was given the all clear. Nothing helped. That problem went away after the ecu was back in. Several months later different errors would appear. In the end I found out it was the wiring loom. Had the whole loom replaced and no more problems.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

Tags
159 , error , fuel , jtdm , months , pressure , service

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page