What have you done to your Alfa 147/156/GT today? - Page 162 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
 1920Likes

Club Member
Membro Premio

Club Member Number: 2209
County: Yorkshire
Garage

Member car:

156 GTA

Finally got the brake parts fitted after company X sent me the wrong pads, yup those won't fit... Also had the little s-section of brake line replaced.

Lastly, diagnosed a noisy water pump (potentially).

Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1574.jpg (153.5 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1582.JPG (252.1 KB, 10 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Global Mod Team

County: Lancashire

Member car:

Alfa GT 2.0JTS

Oh Dear
Attached Images
File Type: jpg car.jpg (134.1 KB, 35 views)
Nickhoughton567 likes this.
AO Member

County: -
Quote:
Originally Posted by paul.o View Post
Oh Dear
A bit of an understatement!😂😂
Global Mod Team

Member car:

Alfa GT 2.0JTS

All back together and with some extra bits..

A new gear selector bracket, under tray, radiator and engine loom. (not shown)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg front end.jpg (107.4 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg gear selector bracket.jpg (92.8 KB, 26 views)
westonprawn and baxter2308 like this.
AO Member

County: Hungary
Garage

Member car:

2005 GT JTD

Well, it was on Saturday, but I've finally got a hold of a TI wheel set with summer tires, and this morning I went to the tire service to have the valves replaced, because they were hidden valves.

Looks pretty good, the ride isn't that bad switching over from a 16" multispoke set to this one either. Over the winter I'm planning on refurbishing it and put some nice Pirelli P Zero on them.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 60479733_2381655948558234_3806394987755601920_o.jpg (120.6 KB, 21 views)
westonprawn and paul.o like this.
Club Member
Membro Premio

Garage

Member car:

156 GTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul.o View Post
All back together and with some extra bits..

A new gear selector bracket, under tray, radiator and engine loom. (not shown)
That's a lot of work
AO Member

County: Netherlands

Member car:

Alfa GT 2.0 JTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyderGaming View Post
Well, it was on Saturday, but I've finally got a hold of a TI wheel set with summer tires, and this morning I went to the tire service to have the valves replaced, because they were hidden valves.

Looks pretty good, the ride isn't that bad switching over from a 16" multispoke set to this one either. Over the winter I'm planning on refurbishing it and put some nice Pirelli P Zero on them.
Looking good! Ill have to add these to the list of "wheels i think are cooler then mine", but given how rare they are, i dont think ill ever find a set for a price worth swapping.
AO Member

Garage

Member car:

2005 GT JTD

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitorio View Post
Looking good! Ill have to add these to the list of "wheels i think are cooler then mine", but given how rare they are, i dont think ill ever find a set for a price worth swapping.
Thanks! I've found it in Romania from someone who IMO wasn't really understood how rare they are, so I got it for 250 GBP with the tires.
AO Member

Garage

Member car:

GT 1.9 Blackline

Next week some works... but I'm looking for some quotations to buy a Giulietta or something else... and selling our 147 and GT
AO Member

County: Armagh
Garage
Quote:

Didn't know that those alloys are rare. Definitely this price doesn't reflect rarity of those rims

Wysłane z iPhone za pomocą Tapatalk
AO Member

Garage

Member car:

GT 1.9 Blackline

Quote:
Originally Posted by maly85 View Post
Didn't know that those alloys are rare. Definitely this price doesn't reflect rarity of those rims

Wysłane z iPhone za pomocą Tapatalk
Rare but not so rare (I speak for Italy, I don't know in UK).
My bf has them on his 147. I search a pic of the car...
maly85 likes this.
AO Member

Garage

Member car:

GT 1.9 Blackline

AO Member

Garage

Member car:

2005 GT JTD

I thinks it's not a surprise that parts for an italian car in Italy aren't rare Here in Hungary It's pretty rare, I saw like two for sale over the last half year.
AO Member

Thats the timing belt, aux belt and water pump done. Plus the offensive sump plug has been forcibly removed and an oversized one put in. Needless tp say it also got some nice motul 10x60 and an oil filter.
Its running pretty well! Quieter, which i imagine is down to the new oil.

Happy days
AO Member

County: South Yorkshire
Charged the battery, put some fuel in, washed and then drove my GT V6 to put into storage with it's indoor cover ready. Even though a new clutch is definetely needed (can feel it slipping and it is getting hard) for the first time properly driving it over the last few days my hunch/feeling about it seems correct, feels like a nice one and just well, generally nice. I still can't believe how different and more grown up it feels compared to the 147 to drive, giving it some acceleration towards 60mph and a bit beyond feels smooth as silk.

Don't know when I'll start work on it as I am still focusing on my 147 GTA (which is now also under cover in storage alongside the GT when I am not using it) and soon to be manual Giulietta Cloverleaf, however I do want to at some point this year as it is going to be another interesting and different project to work on. A much better start than the 147 GTA was, there doesn't look to be nowhere near as many things to get on top of from the get go.
Club Member
Membro Medio

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean_Luc Picard View Post
Charged the battery, put some fuel in, washed and then drove my GT V6 to put into storage with it's indoor cover ready. Even though a new clutch is definetely needed (can feel it slipping and it is getting hard) for the first time properly driving it over the last few days my hunch/feeling about it seems correct, feels like a nice one and just well, generally nice. I still can't believe how different and more grown up it feels compared to the 147 to drive, giving it some acceleration towards 60mph and a bit beyond feels smooth as silk.

Don't know when I'll start work on it as I am still focusing on my 147 GTA (which is now also under cover in storage alongside the GT when I am not using it) and soon to be manual Giulietta Cloverleaf, however I do want to at some point this year as it is going to be another interesting and different project to work on. A much better start than the 147 GTA was, there doesn't look to be nowhere near as many things to get on top of from the get go.
Starting the enjoyable task of sorting out the simple problems you get when you get a new car gives you a great feeling of achievement no matter how small and simple the jobs are. Feeling very happy with myself now. My good lady removed the hard chewing gum from the drivers floor mat with warm vinegar, I repared the passenger seat fold cable, much simpler than I anticipated as the nipple had just come out of the slot in the handle, the previous owner had gone to the length of buying a new cable and gave it to me with the car, he obviously didn't look too hard or fancy demolishing the seat to fit it! Removed the mummified remains of a moth from in between the high level brake light and the rear window, gave it a suitable funeral. Applied neoprene pads to the parcel shelf side supports x4. Completely ruined a microfibre cloth cleaning under the bonnet with WD40, what a difference, it had clearly never been done since new. To be truthful, I don't mind that at all as it's the sign of an honest car. This car gets better every day and I've some small things coming tomorrow, parcel shelf clips, parcel shelf oval buffer, air bag cover clips and a new bonnet badge and surround, here's hoping the rain stays off! Derek.
westonprawn and paul.o like this.
Club Member
Membro Medio

Garage
Better every day!

Starting the enjoyable task of sorting out the simple problems you get when you get a new car gives you a great feeling of achievement no matter how small and simple the jobs are. Feeling very happy with myself now. My good lady removed the hard chewing gum from the drivers floor mat with warm vinegar, I repared the passenger seat fold cable, much simpler than I anticipated as the nipple had just come out of the slot in the handle, the previous owner had gone to the length of buying a new cable and gave it to me with the car, he obviously didn't look too hard or fancy demolishing the seat to fit it! Removed the mummified remains of a moth from in between the high level brake light and the rear window, gave it a suitable funeral. Applied neoprene pads to the parcel shelf side supports x4. Completely ruined a microfibre cloth cleaning under the bonnet with WD40, what a difference, it had clearly never been done since new. To be truthful, I don't mind that at all as it's the sign of an honest car. This car gets better every day and I've some small things coming tomorrow, parcel shelf clips, parcel shelf oval buffer, air bag cover clips and a new bonnet badge and surround, here's hoping the rain stays off! Derek.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0285.jpg (85.1 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0286.jpg (89.0 KB, 9 views)
Global Mod Team

Member car:

Alfa GT 2.0JTS

Its the nice part of getting the car back into how it should be.
DerekFKS85 likes this.

County: Cork
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by David P View Post
Bridgestones arrived on Thursday & got fitted on Friday, fitter found a flatspot on one alloy, hope to get that straightened next week.
Alloy straightened today for €30

4 Supersports back on the car tonight.
AO Member

Garage

Member car:

GT 1.9 Blackline

Quote:
I thinks it's not a surprise that parts for an italian car in Italy aren't rare Here in Hungary It's pretty rare, I saw like two for sale over the last half year.
You could try to buy here in Italy, maybe some sellers will ship worldwide surely the ship costs for 4 wheels isn't so cheap, but maybe for something else...
AO Member

Member car:

Alfa GT 2.0 JTS

Will be doing some small final checks tonight as tomorrow is MOT-day (and "please found out what that squeeling sound from the belt side of the engine is" day)

I did notice this morning that since getting some new oil and the weather has been getting warmer, the GT seems to be a bit smoother, like it is feeling better and more comfortable. Despite the traffic, the drive into work felt good.
AO Member

Member car:

Alfa GT 2.0 JTS

Just got a call back from the MOT

- rear shocks need replacement (the standard saucer rust)
- front brake hoses
- some weld work on the center silencer

furthermore getting a gearbox oil change, it will need two front tyres and an allignment, and the sills are getting rusty

EDIT: the good news is that the belt whine i was fearing is apparently an "they all do that" thing for JTS engines and nothing to be worried about, just a bit annoying that it is getting in the way of the engine note, even if a JTS doesnt sound as good as a TS to begin with.
Club Member
Membro Premio

Garage

Member car:

156 GTA

Because you only get one...

It must have looked quite odd to the car behind as my passenger took the photo.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1634.JPG (124.3 KB, 11 views)
maly85 likes this.
AO Member

Garage

Member car:

2005 GT JTD

I've finally pulled the trigger and ordered a set of steering wheel buttons (these) for the GT. We'll see how easily I can install them and if I can blow the airbag into my face while doing it
baxter2308 likes this.
Club Member
Membro Premio

Garage

Member car:

156 GTA

Quote:
I've finally pulled the trigger and ordered a set of steering wheel buttons (these) for the GT. We'll see how easily I can install them and if I can blow the airbag into my face while doing it
A fiddly job but immensely satisfying.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

Tags
156 , alfa , or gt , thread , today

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page