Dunlop Sport Fast Response - Utterly Amazing!! - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

(Post Link) post #1 of 12 Old 12-11-12 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

County: Kent
Thumbs Up Dunlop Sport Fast Response - Utterly Amazing!!

These Dunlop SP's have to be one of the best tyre sets you can get and 205/55/16/W are just £73.00 a corner, fitted through black circles.

I've got an amazing 26,000 miles out of the current Front tyres!! and they are still just above the wear replace blocks with 3mm remaining on the inner and outer shoulders. Even in this awful weather, they handle and stop on the money. So, another set will be fitted at the weekend having considered everything else, I don't think anything comes close for handling, comfort and wear.

I do a full range of driving on all road types, used the 156 on a few spirited runs and they are nothing but reassuringly confident. Highly recommended if you are about to replace your treads!!

This link (tyre reviews) is also good when making comparisons
Dunlop SP Sport Fast Response | the Dunlop SP Sport Fast Response reviewed and rated | the online tyre guide
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Silver Member

County: Bristol

Member car:

156 Sport 2005

i tried a few tyres on my last car like eagle f1's, Toyo R1's etc.. and the Dunlop Sport Fast Response are the best combination of performance, durability and price you can find imo.

when my current tyres I got with the car are done with I'll getting fast responses.

[email protected]

County: Oxfordshire
I have a set of these on my Golf in the same size (205/55R16 W) and agree they are great tyres.

Not sure I will get the same kind of wear rates as some people though, I am about half worn at 8000 miles on the front.

Grip is excellent though which is what matters most to me. They are also very quiet.
(Post Link) post #4 of 12 Old 12-11-12 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

County: Kent
Hi Symon, yes agree on the grip levels.. I've done some tasty A/B roads and pushed it on through the curves and I was like wondering when they would let go...???

If I was running P6000's I'd be in the nearest ditch, hedge / tree

When I had my first set (DFR SP's), I got a 4-wheel alignment done and that was just at time of fitting and 26K miles later, is darn good value IMO.
AO Member

Just got four of these last week for my 147 (205/55 R16 91W, replaced old P6000's). Love em so far! Did a ton of research and these won for price, performance, good pro reviews and customer feedback. Other final contenders were the Michelin Pilot Sport 3 (bit pricey) and the Pirelli Cinturato P7 (hard to find in my size, plus pricey). Got the Dunlops for $149 each fitted over here in Aus, not too bad. The P6000's did last me for 37000 kms so no complaints, but from memory these Dunlops feel much better on hard corners than their Pirellis did when new. I note they are made in Indonesia, are the UK ones?

Good to hear they wear slowly too, cheers.
AO Member

County: Cheshire
I have been running Dunlop Sport Maxx's on my 156 and I have to hand it to them, they do stick to the road like gecko ****, especially when they warm up! That said, the 17's are very noisy with it, perhaps because I have 2.8 bar front and 2.7 bar rear. No idea how well they are wearing because I'm only 3000 miles into them

Nick
AO Member

County: Warwickshire
I shall consider these next time, as I have come close to buying them on many a occasion.

My Alfa comes with Michelin Primacies on the rear and Avons on the front. Whilst I cannot say much for the Avons the Michelins are great.

On my Mondeo with the same sized tyres I was able to get a minimum of 30,000 miles out of them (on a 3.0 V6) and on the 1.8 they still had a good chunk of tread left all around after that mileage. Budgets did not seem to touch them on grip or wear rate .

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiggerK View Post
Just got four of these last week for my 147 (205/55 R16 91W, replaced old P6000's). Love em so far! Did a ton of research and these won for price, performance, good pro reviews and customer feedback. Other final contenders were the Michelin Pilot Sport 3 (bit pricey) and the Pirelli Cinturato P7 (hard to find in my size, plus pricey). Got the Dunlops for $149 each fitted over here in Aus, not too bad. The P6000's did last me for 37000 kms so no complaints, but from memory these Dunlops feel much better on hard corners than their Pirellis did when new. I note they are made in Indonesia, are the UK ones?

Good to hear they wear slowly too, cheers.
The ones I have are made in Germany.

Member car:

Silver GT 3.2 V6

I have these on my 156 JTS and agree they are great tyres. Had mine for a few months now and did 2100 miles in France and Switzerland in the summer, but the fronts are hardly worn. Great grip and pretty quiet apart from really broken surfaces.
AO Platinum Member

County: Cheshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by symon View Post
I have a set of these on my Golf in the same size (205/55R16 W) and agree they are great tyres.
Also had them on a Golf and I agre for the money they are excellent tyres.
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by symon View Post
The ones I have are made in Germany.
Sigh.... not surprised. Be interesting to see if the Indo ones make their way to the UK, or if it's just another price screw in our local market. Wonder if they will wear as well....

Still happy with them so far though.

We did have problems with far eastern made Goodyears coming to the UK a few years back.

It turned out that due to the climate the compound was different, and they didn't work well on UK roads.

They were also not CE marked, so trading standards we keen to get them off sale.

Last edited by symon; 14-11-12 at 10:28.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

Tags
amazing , dunlop , fast , response , sport , utterly

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page