Alfa 147 steering wheel controls - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

(Post Link) post #1 of 10 Old 15-08-12 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Attica

Member car:

33 & 147

Alfa 147 steering wheel controls

Hi all

I am in the process of fitting steering wheel controls to my 147. I have acquired all relevant parts and I would like to know if the controls are illuminated. Are these illuminated when the vehicle's lights are on or when the head unit is on?

I have searched the wiring diagram and it appears that only two leads from the back of the head unit (signal A and signal B) are connected to the steering wheel controls.

Any help is really appreciated especially if someone has already done this upgrade.

Regards
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Member

County: Northumberland

Member car:

147 lusso

I've never fitted them but I have a 147 with the controls and they are illuminated
(Post Link) post #3 of 10 Old 15-08-12 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

33 & 147

Always illuminated or when the headlights are on?

County: Hampshire

Member car:

159ti 2.4JTDm

I think they're always illuminated, with the dash and climate control backlights.

There's been a couple of attempts to retrofit these in the past, no idea if they've been successful though, but bet of luck!
Alexandrus

They are always lighted, from the moment the key turns into the ignition.

(Post Link) post #6 of 10 Old 16-08-12 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

33 & 147

Thanks for the input.

Since they are always illuminated it appears that the light is correlated to the head unit. Once the key turns on the ignition, the head unit is illuminated - if it is off then only the on/off button is illuminated so I guess the head unit drives the steering wheel controls.

I will keep you posted on my progress.

County: Hampshire

Member car:

159ti 2.4JTDm

I don't think it is personally, on the standard stereo, if off there's no illumination, changed mine for an aftermarket one some time back, so can't be 100% sure, the infocentre and climate control panel are all lit up from ignition, and I'd think it morel likely it'll be related to that, I'll check mine and report back for you.
(Post Link) post #8 of 10 Old 03-09-12 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

33 & 147

Hi

just to let you know that the steering wheel controls are installed and running. Two leads from the H/U (signal A and signal B) to the clock spring run the controls along with the relative earth lead which is on the back of the green connector on the H/U

As far as illumination. There is an extra lead from the clock spring which is fitted to B2H connector (pin 12) on the back of the fusebox which is the illumination of the controls. This pin is related to the H/U so the controls are lit when the ignition is on but controlled from the H/U main fuse.

It is easy enough to make the retrofit if and only if you have the wiring diagram on hands. If not I wouldnt find the way to make the controls lit. I would have only made them control the H/U.

County: Hlavní město Praha

Member car:

AR 147 JTD

Hello, don't you have this diagram to post? I'm thinking about switching the steering wheels, but it's hard to find any information about it on the internet (I don't know Polish, French or Italian language so...) I may need some help

so please, if you wouldn't mind, send me a message ([email protected]) so I can ask you some questions...thanks!

County: -
Hi.

This is for the stock unit? Can you also do this with some aftermarket H/U?
I'm also interested in the wiring diagram if you have it. You can sent some link here, or e-mail me at [email protected].
Thanks

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

Tags
147 , alfa , controls , steering , wheel

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page