Problem, multi electrical under bonnet connectors - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
 3Likes
  • 1 Post By Iceman47
  • 2 Post By lukew

(Post Link) post #1 of 8 Old 4 Weeks Ago Thread Starter
AO Member

County: -
Problem, multi electrical under bonnet connectors

The 147 M Jet TJD 1.9 8V engine looking for the pressure sensor electrical plug to try and stick the box MOD in line. Problem, not 100% sure which one is pulled. I think it's the one at the back of the engine on the common rail, in the middle, although as said not 100%. an ass to get at one LOL. And for the life of me I cannot remove/ unplug the little swine, is there some magic process or method for it to slide off, cos I cannot budge it. Not without ripping half of the plastic plug to bits, NOT a good idea. Anyone help on this one ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

(Post Link) post #2 of 8 Old 4 Weeks Ago Thread Starter
AO Member

Problem solved!
maxiboy wales likes this.
(Post Link) post #3 of 8 Old 4 Weeks Ago
Global Mod Team

County: Lancashire

Member car:

Alfa GT 2.0JTS

Pleas tell, in case anybody else has the same problem.
(Post Link) post #4 of 8 Old 4 Weeks Ago Thread Starter
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul.o View Post
Pleas tell, in case anybody else has the same problem.
Just me being a dick again! The little connector classic, release method, press quite hard on the spring loaded clip button at the top, and pull a little out she comes. I obviously was not squeezing hard enough. Sounds rude LOL.
(Post Link) post #5 of 8 Old 4 Weeks Ago
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman47 View Post
Just me being a dick again! The little connector classic, release method, press quite hard on the spring loaded clip button at the top, and pull a little out she comes. I obviously was not squeezing hard enough. Sounds rude LOL.
I've had a vew days of this with airbag connectors. No access and no way to see what needs to be poked, prodded and squoze.
maxiboy wales and Iceman47 like this.
(Post Link) post #6 of 8 Old 4 Weeks Ago Thread Starter
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukew View Post
I've had a vew days of this with airbag connectors. No access and no way to see what needs to be poked, prodded and squoze.
I was the same, but I had a moment of enlightenment;LOL, I noticed the connectors, on the injector heaters were exactly the same type, but in a position to easy get at and see, so I experimented with one of those to unclip and reclip back on, SO I thought that's how you little swines go on and off. Try and look for visually the same type of clip in an area that's easy to get at. As I am more than sure, they tend to use the same sets of clips all over the place on these cars.
(Post Link) post #7 of 8 Old 4 Weeks Ago
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman47 View Post
I was the same, but I had a moment of enlightenment;LOL, I noticed the connectors, on the injector heaters were exactly the same type, but in a position to easy get at and see, so I experimented with one of those to unclip and reclip back on, SO I thought that's how you little swines go on and off. Try and look for visually the same type of clip in an area that's easy to get at. As I am more than sure, they tend to use the same sets of clips all over the place on these cars.
Junior timer connectors I think they are, little steel clip you need to push up to release the damn thing.
(Post Link) post #8 of 8 Old 4 Weeks Ago Thread Starter
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukew View Post
Junior timer connectors I think they are, little steel clip you need to push up to release the damn thing.
Umm not on this one, it's plastic fantastic, and we sqeeeez the tab and pull.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

Tags
bonnet , connectors , electrical , multi , problem

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page