AR GT KW v1 Eibach ARB need help - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Fruity

(Post Link) post #1 of 7 Old 2 Weeks Ago Thread Starter

County: -
Garage
AR GT KW v1 Eibach ARB need help

Hello,
i have a alfa romeo gt 1.9 jtdm blackline from 2008 with KW V1 and I installed this week the eibach arb.

the front bar sometimes knocks somewhere slightly.
the rear of the car has now started making noises.

Do you guys know what might be the cause of these 2 problems and how to fix it?

Best Regards,
Bruno Silva
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

(Post Link) post #2 of 7 Old 2 Weeks Ago
sye
AO Member

County: Kent

Member car:

GT 3.2 V6

Hi - In my experience, the location of the 'shims' either side of the bush on the Eibach ARB are not welded in the correct place. This can cause the ARB to not sit square and it touches the underside of the car, as well as making the drop links sit at a strange angle. I can't say for certain as every car is slightly different, but on my GT with KWV1 and Eibach ARBs, the shims had to be cut, moved along, and re-welded.
Hope that helps
(Post Link) post #3 of 7 Old 2 Weeks Ago Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by sye View Post
Hi - In my experience, the location of the 'shims' either side of the bush on the Eibach ARB are not welded in the correct place. This can cause the ARB to not sit square and it touches the underside of the car, as well as making the drop links sit at a strange angle. I can't say for certain as every car is slightly different, but on my GT with KWV1 and Eibach ARBs, the shims had to be cut, moved along, and re-welded.
Hope that helps
thank you for your help,

I'm going to drive the car for a few days to figure out where it hits to try to figure out why it hits.
Does your car make any noise in the chassis due to the stiffness of the rear bars?
(Post Link) post #4 of 7 Old 2 Weeks Ago
sye
AO Member

County: Kent

Member car:

GT 3.2 V6

No, I have no noises at all now.
It might be worth looking around the zone where the nuts that attach the drop links to the ARB could potentially touch the underside of the car.
(Post Link) post #5 of 7 Old 2 Weeks Ago Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by sye View Post
No, I have no noises at all now.
It might be worth looking around the zone where the nuts that attach the drop links to the ARB could potentially touch the underside of the car.
sye thanks for your help.
i will consider that when going to the mechanic to search for the noise
(Post Link) post #6 of 7 Old 2 Weeks Ago
AO Silver Member

Both the TS and JTS have -30mm Eibach Pro Kit springs. As the TS is a 1999, I changed the front strut to lower arm horseshoe bracket to the bulkier aluminium type. The TS also has a fairly recent genuine front ARB (I fitted polybushes to JTS ARB).
Strangely, I noted that the new ARB on TS has lateral movement. With the lowering, there was very little clearance between ARB end links and the horseshoe bracket. Occasionally, there was a knocking noise from the front. I think the links could foul the bracket or collar/bolt for mounting the subframe.
The noise has reduced over time.
neuvalhes likes this.
(Post Link) post #7 of 7 Old 2 Weeks Ago Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fruity View Post
Both the TS and JTS have -30mm Eibach Pro Kit springs. As the TS is a 1999, I changed the front strut to lower arm horseshoe bracket to the bulkier aluminium type. The TS also has a fairly recent genuine front ARB (I fitted polybushes to JTS ARB).
Strangely, I noted that the new ARB on TS has lateral movement. With the lowering, there was very little clearance between ARB end links and the horseshoe bracket. Occasionally, there was a knocking noise from the front. I think the links could foul the bracket or collar/bolt for mounting the subframe.
The noise has reduced over time.
thanks, i will consider cheking that too, but the front bar i think it knocks at the center of car.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

Tags
arb , eibach

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page