Alfa GT JTD won't start no electrical power to injectors - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

(Post Link) post #1 of 7 Old 01-12-18 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: -
Alfa GT JTD won't start no electrical power to injectors

Hi all, a big thanks to all who contributed to my previous thread. Following a cambelt replacement it's Good to know -
> the compression test came up looking healthy @250-300 psi within a matter of seconds of cranking.
> I found the fuel switch on the a-pillar under the glovebox. Pressing this several times didn't change anything
>I have not found any issues with fuse for injectors in box in front of battery.
> I also unplugged the cam sensor to get the fault code 0340 then plugged it back in and cleared fault. Next time I cranked the fault codes was no sign of the code returning.
> fault code p0191 fuel rail is coming up

> bought a Noid light set. N.b. tip the noid light "bosch PFI" doesnt actually fit the alfa plugs but the "GM PFI" does. I rread about this on alfa BB forum to confirm. When the noid light is fitted to each injector plug of the harness it doesn't not light up.

Any ideas on what I can do to trace the fault?feel like I've tried everything so suspect it's a sensor or the ECU.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Member

County: Essex
150ml from the leak-back test is way too high, you must have at least one damaged injector. Try the test again using individual pipes to find the faulty injector. With that much leakage the pump won’t be able to raise the pressure in the rail and the ecu won’t even try opening the injectors.
(Post Link) post #3 of 7 Old 05-12-18 Thread Starter
AO Member

Understood RT. I've got silicone hose on order to test individual injectors soon.
Any recommwndations for injector refurbishment services/ second hand injectors?

I was expecting the noid light to flash on at least one of the injector plugs. At first I unplugged all four injectors and tried the noid light. Then tried the noid light on one with remaining three plugged in to the harness. Same result, no light at all.
AO Member

County: Essex
I’ve not had to get common rail injectors serviced but Colchester Fuel Injection have been helpful with other stuff. They would be worth trying.

On ‘common rail’ systems a leak anywhere on the high pressure side will affect all the injectors, so the ecu won’t open any of them.

Please forgive if this is unnecessary but do be careful working on the high pressure side. A leak can easily inject fuel through the skin which is potentially fatal.
AO Silver Member

Autolusso,sent mine in post to Ned earlier in year he tested them and had back to me in a day or 2.
He can recondition them aswell if I remember correctly.

The pressure sensor on rail will stop injectors firing,sure you have probably mentioned in posts before but have you got MES and have you checked live data to see if it is registering fuel pressure?
(Post Link) post #6 of 7 Old 22-03-19 Thread Starter
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyroper View Post
Autolusso,sent mine in post to Ned earlier in year he tested them and had back to me in a day or 2.
He can recondition them aswell if I remember correctly.

The pressure sensor on rail will stop injectors firing,sure you have probably mentioned in posts before but have you got MES and have you checked live data to see if it is registering fuel pressure?
Thanks, I'm Looking to get the correct diagnostic cable for my GT JTD CF3, which one do I need?

Tried to PM Rarebear - if you are reading, are you able to supply?

Is this suitable?
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/fits-Fiat...cAAOSwT5xZTo2y
Attached Images
File Type: png gtecumes.PNG (54.9 KB, 4 views)
AO Member

County: Spain
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giugiaro8 View Post
Thanks, I'm Looking to get the correct diagnostic cable for my GT JTD CF3, which one do I need?

Tried to PM Rarebear - if you are reading, are you able to supply?

Is this suitable?
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/fits-Fiat...cAAOSwT5xZTo2y
Two USB options:

a) ELM327 orange-blue with 3 adapters
b) KL 409 VAGCOM chipset FTDI with selector + ELM327 orange-blue without adapters.

For better compatibility I recommend you second option.

Example: KL 409 with selector and ELM327

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

Tags
alfa , electrical , injectors , jtd , power , start

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page