I've been meaning to change my washer nozzles and refurbish the scuttle panel for ages, and after the nozzles gave up a few days ago I've been forced into getting it done. What I didn't expect was the weekend's worth of work it turned out to be. Hopefully this short write up will be of use to those with similar issues:
1. A can of plastic primer - https://www.amazon.co.uk/Hycote-Grey...plastic+primer
2. A can of plastic matt black paint - https://www.amazon.co.uk/HYCOTE-XUK0...+plastic+paint
3. Flat-head and cross head screwdrivers
4. Torx 25 screwdriver (could be a 20)
5. A spare scuttle panel (if you intend to use the car in the meantime)
6. Rubber friendly glue (to reattach the scuttle panel seal (if required)
7. A good mask (the paint fumes are nasty)
8. A set of washer nozzles - I got geniune 156 ones but I'm told MiTo ones are MUCH better.
9. Cleaning products and rags to clean out any crud and detritus
You might want to sand down the panels a little and apply some lacquer after the black paint goes on, the paint didn't explicitly recommend this so I didn't do either (we'll see if that was a mistake).
Pic 1: Remove windscreen wipers and arms - There are two plastic covers protecting the 13mm nuts which hold the wiper arms in place. A small flat head will tease them off. The arms may require some persuasion to let go of the wiper mechanism, a rubber hammer and a gentle tap should do the trick. Next, remove the three torx (T25 I think) screws along the bottom of the panels and lastly, the cross-head screws at the top corners of the scuttle where the edge meets the the wing (behind little plastic covers).
Pic 2: Don't forget this hidden screw near the bonnet hinge. There is one at both sides of the scuttle.
Pic 3: The scuttle will be held in place by those little 'christmas tree' clips. Tease them away from the scuttle with a firm tug (giggity) and set the panels aside for painting later. Whilst your car may be different, removing the scuttles revealed a small landfill site.
Pic 4: Passenger side: Get yourself some gloves and scoop out the crud, dead spiders, leaves, bits of sponge and the odd broken fastener.
Pic 5: Drivers side: Not as bad but covered in cobwebs and leaves.
Pic 6: Given that the scuttle was so bad I removed the foam pieces at each side of the engine bay (where the bonnet hinges are). In the wrong circumstances these look like they could be rot incubators.