Got my renewal quote today - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Adrian Flux Insurance Looking for advice on insuring your Alfa Romeo?
Click here for an online quotation

(Post Link) post #1 of 11 Old 05-12-07 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Bedfordshire

Member car:

Rosso/Tan GTV V6

Got my renewal quote today

Hi everyone, got my renewal quote today and I'm quite pleased.

Direct Line said it will be £775 to renew with 12,000 miles.

Last week Elephant quoted me £930 for the same, so I was expecting around the £1000 mark as I find Elephant usually come in just cheaper for me (but parents are on DL and they've been good for a few claims some time ago, so happy to go with them).

This is for a 22yr old who will have 2yrs ncb (inc. 1 yr as a named driver with DL).

Last year with 1yr ncb I paid £1279 for 8000 miles, so happy that it is over £500 cheaper this year .

Does anyone find an insurer much cheaper than DL?

Cheers
Richard
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Darren156

Re: Got my renewal quote today

That's actually very good Rab mate, I'm 22 with 3 years NCB and the f**kers will still probably want about £800 for me and my 156 V6 when I get it.

Well done bruv!

HSTDriver

NEVER EVER EVER take your renewal quote.

Shop around, and you'll beat it.

AO Silver Member

County: Aberdeenshire

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSTDriver View Post
NEVER EVER EVER take your renewal quote.

Shop around, and you'll beat it.
Gold advice. Although my technique was better:

Get a load of quotes off confused.com, get your current insurers to match it. Money saved and don't need to swap insurers. Job done.
AO Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ransoman View Post
Gold advice. Although my technique was better:

Get a load of quotes off confused.com, get your current insurers to match it. Money saved and don't need to swap insurers. Job done.
Amen, it worked for me,
J.T.L.
(Post Link) post #6 of 11 Old 06-12-07 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

Rosso/Tan GTV V6

Confused gives me quotes from between £1261.05 (Elephant) and £2315.73 (M&S). Approx half don't give me a quote.

County: -

Member car:

I just got my quote for an ALFA 147 2.0, i have been with Elephant for 3 years and am 25 with 3 years no claims in this country,
They quoted me 950 on a renewal, I got a new quote from Elephant (the company i am currently with) and just changed a few minor detaisl but kept the important ones eacly the same including age.
They gave me a new customer quote of 550.
i think this is absolutely appaling and have written to them saying taht last year I have paid the renewal, i have now got the new customer quote and 200 in compensation for paying the renewal last year.
make sure you kick up a fuss or they will take you for an elephant ride.
AO Gold Member

County: Suffolk

Member car:

Mazda 6 zugara

£366 last year with e car,£360 this year, and went for a quote with more than and got £344.
Thats me as named driver in my own car fully comp 3 points and 1 at fault accident....
Been driving nearly 3 years.
(Post Link) post #9 of 11 Old 20-01-09 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

Rosso/Tan GTV V6

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelzostar View Post
I just got my quote for an ALFA 147 2.0, i have been with Elephant for 3 years and am 25 with 3 years no claims in this country,
They quoted me 950 on a renewal, I got a new quote from Elephant (the company i am currently with) and just changed a few minor detaisl but kept the important ones eacly the same including age.
They gave me a new customer quote of 550.
i think this is absolutely appaling and have written to them saying taht last year I have paid the renewal, i have now got the new customer quote and 200 in compensation for paying the renewal last year.
make sure you kick up a fuss or they will take you for an elephant ride.
I'll watch out for that come renewal time. I'm now with elephant. 950 for a 2L with your ncb is shocking. With 1 year (no I haven't crashed, just had one more year with DL because of being a named driver) I insured my GTV V6 with elephant last year for ~830, and that's including a little more for the non-standard exhaust. I was/am 23.
Dibby

Those comparison websites rarely find the cheapest out there, they usually take a cut as a lazy tax for not shopping around and it's cheaper to go direct to the company ... as your Elephant quote proves.

Every insurance company has a specific group of people they will be cheaper for. You're cheapest with Direct Line, I found Privilege to be cheapest for me in the last few years - no-one could get close.

I'm not in the same age, postcode, ncb or car as you so I doubt what's cheapest for me is cheapest for you.

AO Member

County: Edinburgh

One of the few advantages of being a mature driver is finally getting reasonable insurance rates I pay £320pa with Admiral on a multi car policy for my wife and I that covers the 156 and the Spider fully comp with protected NCD on both so hang in there and watch out for those cameras and of course all the other idiot drivers out there .......

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Vendors > Insurance Section > Adrian Flux Insurance

Tags
renewal , today

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page