Does this sound too much? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Adrian Flux Insurance Looking for advice on insuring your Alfa Romeo?
Click here for an online quotation

(Post Link) post #1 of 4 Old 05-12-07 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: West Yorkshire
Does this sound too much?

My renewal isn't due til late Jan but I did a few quotes earlier to see what ballpark I'm looking at (currently lamenting the state of my finances hoping next year will be better. lol)

The best I got from all the comparison sites was £1130 Fully comp with Bell who I'm with already.

I drive a 2.0TS GTV,thatcham 1 alarm/immob, 22y/o with 3 years NCB and a clean liscence and that's with both the 'rents as named drivers. I am in quite a high crime area.

I was hoping for somewhere at least sub £1K as I'm paying £1097 now with only 2yrs NCB! Haven't tried to haggle on the phone yet but what hoping to start from somewhere a bit lower.

How much difference did the 2-3 years NCB step make for others?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Member

County: Leicestershire
Re: Does this sound too much?

I lost 6 years NCB in the last 12 months following an accident. I don't protect my NCB as I don't think it's worth, I've had one accident in 12 years!

I would say use Moneysupermarket.com to shop around, it's quicker, cheaper and you avoid answering repetitive questions.
AO Member

I guess you have to offset your larger NCB against what are probably above inflation increases for insurance... I'm guessing the current economic climate + the flood damage from this summer hit insurers pretty hard.

If you've shopped around on the comparison sites then I don't suppose there is much more you can do
AO Member

County: Bedfordshire

Member car:

Rosso/Tan GTV V6

Sure it is your area.

I live in a low crime area, 22, 1yr NCB for the coming year (and 1 as a named driver with DL). Wrote a car off mid 2004, had a STUPID small knock mid 2005. Think I've somewhat calmed down since then (Will be pleased when I don't have to embarrassingly fill in the accidents bit!). Clean license.

Fully comp last year, 8000 miles, £750 excess, £1279.

Renewal in Jan for 12000 miles, £350 excess will be £775 (and nobody on confused comes close (~£1250) and the Elephant site offers me £930).

Haggling on cars works, never found the same to be true with insurance providers.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Vendors > Insurance Section > Adrian Flux Insurance

Tags
sound

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page