Backdated insurance charge - SP30 from Admiral - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Adrian Flux Insurance Looking for advice on insuring your Alfa Romeo?
Click here for an online quotation

(Post Link) post #1 of 10 Old 25-09-07 Thread Starter

Member car:

Alfa 147

Backdated insurance charge - SP30 from Admiral

Hi Guys - first time poster, long time viewer.

I think I just shot myself in the foot with my insurance company, Admiral.

Its renewal time again, 4 yrs NCB, living in SW London - 2.0TS and the premium has gone up to 700 approx. Fine, I thought, and hunted around and eventually got quoted 380 from Tesco and 360 from Elephant which was good.

Went back to Admiral and was updating my details with the helpful Canadian and I remembered I STUPIDLY hadn't told them about my Wife's 3 points from an SP30 in Jan 2005. It was one of those things I thought I had done and in no way condone as it invalidates insurance...(I'm just not like that). But I have now been charged 125 backdated charges on my premium from '05-'07, despite no claims or accident.

Frustrating and I do see their side of it. Anyone else had this happen to them?
They couldn't match the other quotes anyway, so I will be leaving Admiral in October with a slightly sour taste in the mouth.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Gold Member

County: Dorset

Member car:

156 GTA SW

Re: Backdated insurance charge - SP30 from Admiral

I think that's a bit unfair as if you had made a claim, I've no doubt they would have said that your policy was invalid, so they're charging for a service they haven't and would never have given you.
AO Member

Member car:

ALFA 156 JTD 2.4

They would have put an 'indemity query' on the claim and it would only have been invalidated if you had not agreed to pay the additional premium. Any insurance company would have done the same. Not good I know but it happens. I have to deal with this all the time and I hate telling people that they may owe more money on their insurance.
AO Member

Member car:

147 GTA

Seem a bit mean I know, but Linda is right, had a claim been made it would of been put on hold till you'd paid the additional premium. However i'm a bit suprised at the amount of the increase. £125 is rather steep, most insurers these days don't have too much of a problem with 1 SP30 or other minor offences.

Is your tesco quote including the conviction?

County: Vale of Glamorgan

Member car:

Peugot

Help

I'm looking for some advice on the same subject......

a member of my family had an SP30 in 2007 and this year has gone to another insurance
company for new insurance rather than stay with the same company ~ Bell, who I believe is part of Admiral (too expensive this year!). They want an additional 608 for the past 3 years backdated insurance. Again same here as Leathercanary.... no accidents, claims or any other speeding offences since that date......I'm asking the same question... can they do this???

thanks for any help and/or advice
AO Gold Member

County: Dorset

Member car:

156 GTA SW

Doesn't really answer your question, but a friend of mine rang their insurers to tell them about an sp30 and they told him he needn't have bothered as they're not fussed about one.

Interesting that bell were so pricey, bell were the cheapest for me with nine points.

County: Vale of Glamorgan

Member car:

Peugot

thanks for your reply badgers_nadgers.....

looking at advice on here and other sites, it doesnt seem worth it to contest the amount they are asking for, although I do believe they have loaded it because of the situation...but hey I guess we live and learn
AO Platinum Member

County: Oxfordshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meldi View Post
I'm looking for some advice on the same subject......

a member of my family had an SP30 in 2007 and this year has gone to another insurance
company for new insurance rather than stay with the same company ~ Bell, who I believe is part of Admiral (too expensive this year!). They want an additional 608 for the past 3 years backdated insurance. Again same here as Leathercanary.... no accidents, claims or any other speeding offences since that date......I'm asking the same question... can they do this???

thanks for any help and/or advice
If you told them at the time of the points then I would have said no.

If you didn't tell them, then they may be able to do this.
AO Member

County: Greater London

Member car:

Alfa 156 2.4 JTD

Insurance loading for non fault accidents

Doh my bad
AO Platinum Member

County: Kent
did you notify them about those taillamps on you have on your avatar? Ijust got charged extra for upgrading my alloys using o.e tyres and Alfa wheels.Those Taillamps may not even comply with regulations let alone the laws of aesthetics.I just happen to prefer the originals and I know a bit about auto lamps with my job.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Vendors > Insurance Section > Adrian Flux Insurance

Tags
admiral , backdated , charge , insurance , sp30

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page