Second Car Insurance - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Adrian Flux Insurance Looking for advice on insuring your Alfa Romeo?
Click here for an online quotation

 
Thread Tools
(Post Link) post #1 of 12 Old 16-09-07 Thread Starter
Status: -
AO Silver Member
 
norbert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: United Kingdom
County: Cheshire
Posts: 2,145
Second Car Insurance

Hi
Anyone know of any good companies on second car/classic car limited annual mile insurance?
I am currently insured through AF and i'm looking to maybe buy a car for the weekend/tinkering.

Ta
norbert
norbert is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Status: -
AO Traders
 
DAN@ADRIAN FLUX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: United Kingdom
County: Norfolk
Posts: 563

Member car:

Alfa

Re: Second Car Insurance

Quote:
Originally Posted by norbert View Post
Hi
Anyone know of any good companies on second car/classic car limited annual mile insurance?
I am currently insured through AF and i'm looking to maybe buy a car for the weekend/tinkering.

Ta
norbert

Hello,
Although we don't do multi car policies. We do specialist classic car/limited mileage schemes, when you are ready to look for quotes and would like one from us either call us up or let me know and i can get someone to contact you.
Dan.
[email protected] FLUX is offline  
Status: -
AO Silver Member
 
Andy G's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Cambridge
Posts: 1,790

Member car:

147 GTA

Re: Second Car Insurance

I have a multi policy, very good and a reasonable cost, but we have also used a ltd mileage policy in the past.
Andy G is offline  
(Post Link) post #4 of 12 Old 17-09-07 Thread Starter
Status: -
AO Silver Member
 
norbert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: United Kingdom
County: Cheshire
Posts: 2,145
Re: Second Car Insurance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Clark View Post
Hello,
Although we don't do multi car policies. We do specialist classic car/limited mileage schemes, when you are ready to look for quotes and would like one from us either call us up or let me know and i can get someone to contact you.
Dan.
Thanks Dan..I'll give you guys a call if this proposed car purchase comes off.


norbert.
norbert is offline  
Status: -
AO Silver Member
 
ian145's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Halifax
Posts: 1,500

Member car:

145 cloverleaf

Re: Second Car Insurance

Try Performance Direct,Tel 08707870849 I've just saved over 50% on my renewal from AF (Sorry Dan)
ian145 is offline  
Status: -
AO Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: United Kingdom
County: West Sussex
Posts: 21
Re: Second Car Insurance

Have to back up the previous post Performance Direct knocked 100's off all other quotes I received
Wordsworth is offline  
kevjtd
Status: - Update
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Second Car Insurance

dan, not really relevant to this thread (apologies for hijacking, can't send him a pm ) but i have my sprint insured with yourselves but have now sold it, i intend to get a sud as a replacement before too much longer so would it pay me to just wait until then and transfer the cover, or cancel the policy and start again. bear in mind the sud defo won't be roadworthy so the insurance will only be useful as a protection for stolen or fire damage. what's the best way (for me ) of dealing with this
 
Status: -
AO Traders
 
DAN@ADRIAN FLUX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: United Kingdom
County: Norfolk
Posts: 563

Member car:

Alfa

Re: Second Car Insurance

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevjtd View Post
dan, not really relevant to this thread (apologies for hijacking, can't send him a pm ) but i have my sprint insured with yourselves but have now sold it, i intend to get a sud as a replacement before too much longer so would it pay me to just wait until then and transfer the cover, or cancel the policy and start again. bear in mind the sud defo won't be roadworthy so the insurance will only be useful as a protection for stolen or fire damage. what's the best way (for me ) of dealing with this
Hi,

If you do cancel your policy you would not get that years no claims and you might not get a lot of money back it all depends on how long you have had your cover really.
But do call up the customer service team so they can work out figures and get you a quote on the new car.

Dan.
[email protected] FLUX is offline  
kevjtd
Status: - Update
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Second Car Insurance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Clark View Post
Hi,

If you do cancel your policy you would not get that years no claims and you might not get a lot of money back it all depends on how long you have had your cover really.
But do call up the customer service team so they can work out figures and get you a quote on the new car.

Dan.
thanks dan, i wasn't really looking for any money back although i have only had the policy for a couple of months, i would prefer to hang on to the policy and transfer it to my new sud (when i get one ) . just wondered if i could avoid the transfer of details charge for changing cars i will ring up in the next few days to see what is the best course of action, kev.
 
Status: -
AO Silver Member
 
Bodger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: United Kingdom
County: -
Posts: 1,428
Re: Second Car Insurance

I have insured a second car for a while.
I think the sweet spot is 3rd party fire & theft, social use only, 7500 miles per year.
My Coupe 20VT costs less than £250 with a policy like this at Bell and came out cheaper by phoning Bell after getting a quote from Moneysupermarket.com.

Adrian Flux weren't bad when I moved cover over onto another car last year. A lot cheaper than taking out a new policy.
Bodger is offline  
Status: -
AO Silver Member
 
Monty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: United Kingdom
County: Cambridgeshire
Posts: 2,917
Re: Second Car Insurance

If all else fails, buy yourself a copy of Auto Italia.. A lot of specialist classic insurers advertise there.

In fact, just buy yourself a copy of Auto Italia
Monty is offline  
(Post Link) post #12 of 12 Old 04-10-07 Thread Starter
Status: -
AO Silver Member
 
norbert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: United Kingdom
County: Cheshire
Posts: 2,145
Re: Second Car Insurance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monty View Post
If all else fails, buy yourself a copy of Auto Italia.. A lot of specialist classic insurers advertise there.

In fact, just buy yourself a copy of Auto Italia
I do take AI actually. Along with Classic Cars, Evo and occasinally Octane. I draw the line at Top Gear mag though.

I went with Chris Knott in the end who were extremely helpful and I got good deal.
norbert is offline  
Reply

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Vendors > Insurance Section > Adrian Flux Insurance

Tags
car , insurance

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome