Why so much? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Adrian Flux Insurance Looking for advice on insuring your Alfa Romeo?
Click here for an online quotation

(Post Link) post #1 of 9 Old 22-05-07 Thread Starter

Member car:

156 2.0TS Veloce

Why so much?

Why on earth is my insurance so expensive? £443 cheapest quoted so far, even tried Swiftcover mentioned below (£453). 15,000 (very enjoyable) business/social miles per year, 2001 156, no claims ever (maybe unwise to put that in writing) or is it a women thing?!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Member

Member car:

156 Veloce

Re: Why so much?

My original quotes were around £600 odd for my 1.6 and i've got about 10 years no claims! Got it down to £450. Not sure if that helps.
Global Mod Team

Member car:

AMG C63 estate

Driving experience, crime rate in area, insurance group of car, sex, number of miles, where it's parked overnight, modifications, convictions, claims, accidents, excess, extent of cover, age, (heard rumours about this one, might not be true) your car history (if you've jumped from a 1.0 to a 3.2 they're more likely to bang a premium up than if you went 1.0, 1.5, 2.0, 3.2)

It's probably one or more of them.
I'm 28 and driving a 3.2 GTA which is group 19, and paying a similar amount to you - but I live in Congleton, which is a pretty good postcode for insurance costs.

Seen an offensive/spam post? Report it! Click the or button next to the post.
AO Rules - AO Gallery - AO Classified adverts - AO Club - AO Traders

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." - Douglas Adams

"You know, sometimes the world seems like a pretty mean place."
"That's why animals are so soft and huggy."
- Calvin and Hobbes

To err is human, to moderate ursine.
AO Traders

County: Norfolk

Member car:

Alfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patsy View Post
Why on earth is my insurance so expensive? £443 cheapest quoted so far, even tried Swiftcover mentioned below (£453). 15,000 (very enjoyable) business/social miles per year, 2001 156, no claims ever (maybe unwise to put that in writing) or is it a women thing?!
Hiya,
Have you tried us here at adrian flux?
we aim to compete with quotes that you may already have and take lots of different factors into account and also you can get membership discounts if you are a member of the forum etc.you can do a online quote with us or call us.
Cheers,
Dan
AO Member

Member car:

147 1.6 Lusso

im with morethan fullycomp unlimited protected no claims bonus,legal,recovery including accomodation if needed,on my 156 2.0 at 31 years old £376,my wifes with tesco even cheaper for her!
(Post Link) post #6 of 9 Old 22-05-07 Thread Starter

Member car:

156 2.0TS Veloce

Hi all

Thanks for replies. Seems to be as I thought - there doesn't appear to be much logic behind what you are quoted.

I've tried you Dan, thanks, you were a bit cheaper but I've since managed to get it down a bit further.

But looking at your replies Bazza and Gooner, I'm older than you so have 10 years more no claims (have had my own insurance since I was 18 and never claimed) and for the last 15 years have driven a 2.0, although maybe a slightly lower insurance group. Nothing else looks to me as if it should increase my premium significantly (one SP30 but who has managed to avoid getting one of them!). It couldn't just be east London, could it?

BTW Gooner Tesco's were awful for me - £630.

On well, back to trawling the internet - I'll let you know Harry1 if I find anything decent

Cheers
Patsy
Global Mod Team

Member car:

AMG C63 estate

I wouldn't be at all surprised to find out that East London is the exact reason why it's so much.

Here's an idea: Try going to an internet insurance company, put in all your details as they really are, but put a different post-code and address in (I'm a bit loath to put mine onto the internet to help you, but I'm sure you must have friends elsewhere in the country whose address you know) see how much difference it makes.
AO Rosso Alfa Member

County: Bristol

I did that and found I would save about £150 quid if I moved from Luton to Bristol

(Post Link) post #9 of 9 Old 23-05-07 Thread Starter

Member car:

156 2.0TS Veloce

Yep, tried it too and it probably is just the postcode.

Thanks all

Patsy

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Vendors > Insurance Section > Adrian Flux Insurance

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page