my renewal... - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Adrian Flux Insurance Looking for advice on insuring your Alfa Romeo?
Click here for an online quotation

(Post Link) post #1 of 18 Old 16-05-07 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

County: Tyne and Wear
my renewal...

got my renewal letter on 3rd of may... rang them a few days later to 'discuss cheaper premiums available'

im still to get thru to the guy who wrote the letter, always busy...

there renewal invitation was a staggering 2200... DOUBLE that of last year yet i havent made any claims, have not been convicted of anything and turned 21 whilst hitting 4 years NCD during the policy... how the hell is this?

spoke to them 3 times since, they are still waiting insurance companies getting back to them with a premium... 2 weeks after they issued me a renewal reminder?

also, they apply a 200 'renewal fee'

sorry... no.

been quoted elsewhere 652 for the EXACT same cover... with a very reputable 'big name' company...

is it time i tell my company (a well known broker on here) where to go or do i hold out to see if they can beat my best price.

if they cant sort a renewal quote out that is going to MAKE them money, how the hell will they act if i were to make a claim...

*muchos annoyed*
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Founder of AO

County: Essex

Member car:

Maserati GTS

Re: my renewal...

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko View Post
got my renewal letter on 3rd of may... rang them a few days later to 'discuss cheaper premiums available'

there renewal invitation was a staggering £2200... DOUBLE that of last year yet i havent made any claims, have not been convicted of anything and turned 21 whilst hitting 4 years NCD during the policy... how the hell is this?

spoke to them 3 times since, they are still waiting insurance companies getting back to them with a premium... 2 weeks after they issued me a renewal reminder?

also, they apply a £200 'renewal fee'

sorry... no.

been quoted elsewhere £652 for the EXACT same cover... with a very reputable 'big name' company...

is it time i tell my company (a well known broker on here) where to go or do i hold out to see if they can beat my best price.

if they cant sort a renewal quote out that is going to MAKE them money, how the hell will they act if i were to make a claim...

*muchos annoyed*
Alarm bells!!!! Dan, Alarm bells! Can Adrian Flux help Marko? What can be done to help him out?
(Post Link) post #3 of 18 Old 16-05-07 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

AF tried, couldnt get close to the 652 unfortunately. i tried the dedicated number but no luck.

at the moment im thinking this 652 is an excellent price, in fact the lowest premium i have EVER had on any car! lol.

its almost as if my current insurer doesn't want my business any more... and at the rate there going they wont be getting it!

can anyone recommend a good company who may be able to help? AF cant, chris knott says im too young (im 21) and Dazely... lets not go there
AO Gold Member

County: Kent

Member car:

1993 Alfa 155 Q4

Quote:
chris knott says im too young (im 21) and Dazely... lets not go there
Chris Knott have insured me since I was 19
AO Traders

County: Norfolk

Member car:

Alfa

Quote:

there renewal invitation was a staggering 2200... DOUBLE that of last year yet i havent made any claims, have not been convicted of anything and turned 21 whilst hitting 4 years NCD during the policy... how the hell is this?

also, they apply a 200 'renewal fee'

sorry... no.

been quoted elsewhere 652 for the EXACT same cover... with a very reputable 'big name' company...

*muchos annoyed*
Hiya,
Sorry to hear of all your troubles if you can pm me your details asap i will see what can be done for you straight away,
Cheers,
Dan
alfafamily

My youngest son always gets his best price from Elephant,they insured his gtv v6 when he was 22, don't know how much he paid but it was less than 1000 for sure. £652 sounds good you will be lucky to get cheaper,best of luck with it.

(Post Link) post #7 of 18 Old 17-05-07 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

well i spoke to my current insurer 5 mins ago... keep in mind the original renewal premium was £2200...

told them what i can get it for elsewhere... they put me on hold for 30 seconds... came back with £640!!!!!

champion i thought, that will do nicely!

how the piggin hell they came up with over £2k i have no idea... they assured me the cover was exactly the same as my last year has been, reduced my renewal by what, 70%? heh

alfafamily, i had a large claim with elephant a few year ago, none fault tho... since then they have been anything but competitave for me.

alfajack, they didnt refuse to quote me as such, stated before they took any details other than age and car and best price that they wouldnt be able to get near to it.

oh, dan, forgot to add, thanks for the reply. for the ease of it all i chose to stay with my curent insurer (got a heck of a lot on at the moment and cant be bothered with any extra hassle) but i will be ringing you again next year!

Last edited by marko; 17-05-07 at 20:42. Reason: to add things
AO Member

Well, I would say that you should go with the company that gave you the best quote originally. To me, that is the decent thing to do. Your current insurers were willing to rip you off and the company that gave you the good quote should be rewarded by you. Take the policy with them.
AO Member

Incidentally, Adrian Flux gave me a terrible quote, well over double what I have been quoted elsewhere...
AO Traders

Member car:

Alfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackliebling View Post
Incidentally, Adrian Flux gave me a terrible quote, well over double what I have been quoted elsewhere...
Hello.
Sorry to hear that did you want me to look into it for you?
If so i would need some details of you policy number,contact details etc.
cheers,
Dan
AO Silver Member

County: -

Quote:
AF quoted me over 1600, have just done the deal with Chris Knott for 800 on the nose.
(Post Link) post #12 of 18 Old 21-05-07 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

euroboy, i see your 23... chris knott told me they wouldnt quote me cos i was under 25! cheeky gits
AO Member

Dan, please get in touch with me.

liebeck (at) email.com

Cheers
Jack
AO Traders

Member car:

Alfa

Quote:
Dan, please get in touch with me.

liebeck (at) email.com

Cheers
Jack
If you can pm me your details etc i can look into it for you.
Cheers,
Dan
alfafamily

Because a broker or insurance company gives a poor quote on a given day it doesn't mean they are an expensive company. Maybe Dan could throw some light on the reason figures vary so much but as an example,my son and his best pal both have GTVs,live within 800yds of each other,same age etc but with 2 different companies because of the price difference.If all things were equal logic would say the price would be the same.

AO Traders

Member car:

Alfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfafamily View Post
Because a broker or insurance company gives a poor quote on a given day it doesn't mean they are an expensive company. Maybe Dan could throw some light on the reason figures vary so much but as an example,my son and his best pal both have GTVs,live within 800yds of each other,same age etc but with 2 different companies because of the price difference.If all things were equal logic would say the price would be the same.
Hi,
We try to be as consistent as poss where giving quotes but different factors do come into it such as any previous claims etc and if the rates have been increased and also different companies request different things.
Dan.
AO Silver Member

County: -

Did your Adrian Flux letter suggest that they were going to automatically renew your policy and dip your credit card for the £2200?
(Post Link) post #18 of 18 Old 23-05-07 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

wasnt an AF letter bodger....

it actually said they looked forward to hearing from me to discuss the cheaper premiums available! so no, they were not going to automatically deduct my account of £2200.. heh, they will find theres not that much in it!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Vendors > Insurance Section > Adrian Flux Insurance

Tags
renewal

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page