Brera - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Adrian Flux Insurance Looking for advice on insuring your Alfa Romeo?
Click here for an online quotation

 
Thread Tools
(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 30-01-07 Thread Starter
Status: -
AO Platinum Member
 
nomad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
County: -
Posts: 43,564

Member car:

RRS TDV8 HSE

Brera

Hi Dan

I tried to transfer my cover from my Leon to my Brera (policy with Markerstudy arranged by you good peeps @ AF) at the end November/beginning of December) but was refused and told "We wouldn't be able to quote for a car of that value sir!" and was transferred to one of your 'specialist partners'
The Leon was on a 'SV' policy (i.e. modified) and yet the Brera is 'standard' which confuses me even more !!

What's that all about then

Also.... I had a bodywork repair done after being sideswiped by a whitevanman whilst holding the Markerstudy policy through an approved repairer, but now the paintwork has started to degrade (it wasn't degreased properly according to my local VW/Audi bodyshop). As this repair was undertaken in November 2005 by an approved repairer, where do I stand on getting it sorted out

Sorry for all the questions in one hit

cheers

Nomad

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know I am the Nomes when I lay my vengeance upon you.
AO Bratpacker No1
D I L L I G A F
*Muppet Attack Mode Activated*
nomad is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Status: -
AO Traders
 
DAN@ADRIAN FLUX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: United Kingdom
County: Norfolk
Posts: 563

Member car:

Alfa

Re: Brera

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomad
Hi Dan

I tried to transfer my cover from my Leon to my Brera (policy with Markerstudy arranged by you good peeps @ AF) at the end November/beginning of December) but was refused and told "We wouldn't be able to quote for a car of that value sir!" and was transferred to one of your 'specialist partners'
The Leon was on a 'SV' policy (i.e. modified) and yet the Brera is 'standard' which confuses me even more !!

What's that all about then

Also.... I had a bodywork repair done after being sideswiped by a whitevanman whilst holding the Markerstudy policy through an approved repairer, but now the paintwork has started to degrade (it wasn't degreased properly according to my local VW/Audi bodyshop). As this repair was undertaken in November 2005 by an approved repairer, where do I stand on getting it sorted out

Sorry for all the questions in one hit

cheers

Nomad
Hiya.
What might have happened with the Leon is the schemes we have with Markerstudy are generally for lower value hot hatches with modifications etc. As far as i'm aware at the moment we haven't got a scheme with them on higher value standard sports cars so I think we didn't have a policy with Markerstudy for the Brera.Did we offer you a quotation with an alternative insurer on the Brera which we should of done? If we did and this was more than you were prepared to pay with us we could have offered to put you through to a "specialist partner" to see if they could offer you something better.

With regards to your claim it maybe worthing giving our claims guys a ring to check about you body work as i'm not to sure what the guarantees are with the approved repairers at the moment.
Thanks.
[email protected] FLUX is offline  
(Post Link) post #3 of 3 Old 30-01-07 Thread Starter
Status: -
AO Platinum Member
 
nomad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
County: -
Posts: 43,564

Member car:

RRS TDV8 HSE

Re: Brera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Clark
Did we offer you a quotation with an alternative insurer on the Brera which we should of done? If we did and this was more than you were prepared to pay with us we could have offered to put you through to a "specialist partner" to see if they could offer you something better.
Yup I was put through to a specialist partner after the refusal to quote as I said Dan but their quote was £1100 so i went with the AA who could do it for £530 (ish)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Clark
With regards to your claim it maybe worthing giving our claims guys a ring to check about you body work as i'm not to sure what the guarantees are with the approved repairers at the moment.
OK will do !!
Thanks Dan
nomad is offline  
Reply

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Vendors > Insurance Section > Adrian Flux Insurance

Tags
brera

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Brera Ownership Update hottrout Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider 26 05-01-09 11:44
Happy Christmas with the Brera! ZX7R Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider 12 03-01-09 08:29
My early days of Brera ownership Araihead General Alfa Discussion 19 19-11-08 19:39
Brera GTA Kevin Slegg General Alfa Discussion 62 18-11-06 14:52
Let's have some fun with the name Brera Scudetto General Alfa Discussion 17 26-08-06 08:08

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome