Change of cars - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Adrian Flux Insurance Looking for advice on insuring your Alfa Romeo?
Click here for an online quotation

(Post Link) post #1 of 7 Old 18-08-13 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Staffordshire
Change of cars

My insurance was up for renewal on the 156 in July, but I was also looking to swap for a Brera. I called AF and the lady I spoke to was helpful at the time. She price matched what I got on a price comparison site around 365 i think and would waive the fee if i changed the car within 1 month. Great! She did a quote on the Brera but it was coming in at more than 600, not so great as comparison quotes were a little over 400.

Obviously being concerned by this she said if i renewed they would do the same with the new quote as they had done with the renewal. So I think that they will match the price with cheaper quotes. Great, i'll take it.

Come swap over day, there would be an extra 150 on to the premium I had already paid! I was expected around 50 extra. I questioned this and told them what the previous lady had said. She came back and said they never "guaranteed" they would match a price I could find elsewhere. They came down to around 100 on top. Hmmmm, not happy.

The options were, cancel and get 170 back from 365! (about 1 week out of 2 week cool off period) or just pay the extra.

Now it's not the amount that peeved me it was the principle. The lady i spoke to assured me that the previous lady had not "guaranteed" to match the price and so i had not been misled, i thought differently. I suspect it was clever use of language, so i may have been naive. She also said they don't get as much flexibility with matching prices if it's not a renewal. I should have been told this at renewal.

I had to the pick the car up within a couple of hours, so begrudgingly paid the extra. I have been a customer for 5 years now and would expect a little more understanding. I'm not the sort of person who is out to get something for nothing, but I feel like i'd been duped in to taking the policy and then had no way out without losing money.

Moral of the story, if you think you have been promised something, get it in writing!
I won't be renewing with them next year, so they have their 50, but not my premiums for the xx number of years.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Traders

County: Norfolk

Member car:

Alfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by russ21282 View Post
My insurance was up for renewal on the 156 in July, but I was also looking to swap for a Brera. I called AF and the lady I spoke to was helpful at the time. She price matched what I got on a price comparison site around 365 i think and would waive the fee if i changed the car within 1 month. Great! She did a quote on the Brera but it was coming in at more than 600, not so great as comparison quotes were a little over 400.

Obviously being concerned by this she said if i renewed they would do the same with the new quote as they had done with the renewal. So I think that they will match the price with cheaper quotes. Great, i'll take it.

Come swap over day, there would be an extra 150 on to the premium I had already paid! I was expected around 50 extra. I questioned this and told them what the previous lady had said. She came back and said they never "guaranteed" they would match a price I could find elsewhere. They came down to around 100 on top. Hmmmm, not happy.

The options were, cancel and get 170 back from 365! (about 1 week out of 2 week cool off period) or just pay the extra.

Now it's not the amount that peeved me it was the principle. The lady i spoke to assured me that the previous lady had not "guaranteed" to match the price and so i had not been misled, i thought differently. I suspect it was clever use of language, so i may have been naive. She also said they don't get as much flexibility with matching prices if it's not a renewal. I should have been told this at renewal.

I had to the pick the car up within a couple of hours, so begrudgingly paid the extra. I have been a customer for 5 years now and would expect a little more understanding. I'm not the sort of person who is out to get something for nothing, but I feel like i'd been duped in to taking the policy and then had no way out without losing money.

Moral of the story, if you think you have been promised something, get it in writing!
I won't be renewing with them next year, so they have their 50, but not my premiums for the xx number of years.
Hi,
I'm sorry that you have been disappointed with our service. If you wanted to PM me your details I'd be happy to take a look at your details to see if there is anything I can do.
Regards,
Dan.
(Post Link) post #3 of 7 Old 19-08-13 Thread Starter
AO Member

Hi Dan, I'll dig out my details and get them over to you. It would be good to get another point of view of the situation.
AO Traders

Member car:

Alfa

Quote:
Hi Dan, I'll dig out my details and get them over to you. It would be good to get another point of view of the situation.

No problem, yes , we can certainly get this re-looked into.

Cheers
Dan.
AO Traders

Member car:

Alfa

Hi

Thank you for your PM.

I have listened to the call in question. We advised the Insurers had confirmed they would look to compete again for you when you changed your vehicle, which infairness they did.

Our original rate was 615 you confirmed a cheaper rate of 420 the Insurers then offered 465 as their cheapest rate and the 25 admin fee was dropped as previously confirmed.

My point of view is that our clerk didn't mislead you and price matching was not mentioned at all during the call, however I have passed your details to a manager to look into further for you and they will be in contact later today.

Best regards

Dan

Quote:
(Post Link) post #6 of 7 Old 21-08-13 Thread Starter
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] FLUX View Post
Hi

Thank you for your PM.

I have listened to the call in question. We advised the Insurers had confirmed they would look to compete again for you when you changed your vehicle, which infairness they did.

Our original rate was 615 you confirmed a cheaper rate of 420 the Insurers then offered 465 as their cheapest rate and the 25 admin fee was dropped as previously confirmed.

My point of view is that our clerk didn't mislead you and price matching was not mentioned at all during the call, however I have passed your details to a manager to look into further for you and they will be in contact later today.

Best regards

Dan

Thanks for looking in to it Dan.

From my perspective, i came away from the renewal call thinking you guys would do the same as you did with the renewal, she pretty much priced match the exact amount i found elsewhere, so thought the same would be done when i changed.

If there isn't as much flexibility with price matching mid-term as there is at renewal, i feel this is very important point to mention before selling the original policy. If i had been told this in the renewal call, I would have probably looked elsewhere knowing the original quote for the Brera was 615.
(Post Link) post #7 of 7 Old 20-09-13 Thread Starter
AO Member

Just an update on this.

I was called a few times by AF but I was at work and couldn't take the calls, but I also received a letter saying I had been refunded, so the premium was now the same price as the competitor quotes I had.

What I do like is that they took ownership of the problem and resolved it, in my experience this just doesn't happen any more. If you don't chase companies up, the issue gets left until you make contact again. (I'm waiting for a call from British Gas, which was going to be in the next 5 working days, that was 6 weeks ago!)
So thumbs up for that.

Thank you for your involvement Dan, It's great that you're on here giving customers another point of contact.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Vendors > Insurance Section > Adrian Flux Insurance

Tags
cars , change

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page