Experiences of Adrian Flux insurance - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Adrian Flux Insurance Looking for advice on insuring your Alfa Romeo?
Click here for an online quotation

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Spacecadet
Status: - Update
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Experiences of Adrian Flux insurance

I'm keeping an open log of setting up an insurance policy through Adrian Flux. Main reason being to see how they are before problems emerge and to offer a balanced viewpoint.
My car is a 2003 156 GTA Sportwagon. It has an aftermarket airbox believed to be a CDA, Eibach Prokit springs and Koni FSD dampers, Alfa Romeo 330mm brembo upgrade brake kit, braided hoses, and all round smoke tinted windows. I am 34, I have 5 years no claims discount and have a likely mileage of 5000 a year.
My renewal premium was 490 from Adrimal, my best mainstream insurer quote was 428 from Elephant, and Adrian Flux came out at 401.
 
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Spacecadet
Status: - Update
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
The phone process to get a quote was reasonably painless. An 0800 number to get through. I gave all my details, they came back with a price from Equity Red Star insurance. All modifications declared and all previous claims explained. I paid the full premium up front. And was e mailed the ploucy documentation about an hour later. So, any problems do far...?
Yes! First, the brake modifications are not listed on the policy schedule, despite me clearly including them on the phone and getting the AF rep to read them all back.
And, as today is the 7th of June, the have sent a declaration form that must be returned within 14 days of today, showing the EXACT mileage on the 25th of June when the policy starts which is impossible as there are 18 days until the 25th, plus postage time gives circa 25days delivery.
I emailed the customer service centre with my concerns at 4.45pm, no reply(they are open until 7pm)

Also, I asked about cancellation charges, if I cancel after 6 months, I'd get back 50, or just 1/8 of my premium, despite only using 1/2 of the term.

All modifications to the policy by me would attract a fee of 25, plus any additional charges.
Any changes AF make to the policy will cost me 35 plus any additional charges.

Also, AF didn't count alfaowner as a car club worthy of allowing a discount on their premium. Strange as their website is covered in pro club messages which suggest "up to 15% off for car club members"

Last edited by Spacecadet; 07-06-12 at 20:49.
 
Spacecadet
Status: - Update
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Will call their customer services department tomorrow and request corrections to their mistakes, or cancellation without charge. Will leave choice to them.
 
Status: #keepFightingMichael
AO Gold Member
 
EauRouge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Suriname
County: Brokopondo
Posts: 7,703
If you had researched here before Andy, i really don't think you would have taken a policy out with them! They have a Rep that comes on here every so often who obviously keys in "Adrian Flux" to Google and sees who has been slagging (Generally the case) of the company and then comes on pretending to be the "Boss" which in itself is illegal and comes out with the same Bullcarp response ....... something like ...... 'please send me your policy no and i will arrange for a Rep to get back to you'

From my experience and the experience of many others, i don't even waste my time getting a quote from them anymore, they are ruddy awful.
EauRouge is offline  
Status: Deserter...
AO Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: United Kingdom
County: North Yorkshire
Posts: 513
I know it goes against the trend on here but I've had no reason to complain about AF, recently renewed a classic agreed value policy for the 6th year. I've never claimed with them or any other brokers down the years so can't comment on that side of things. Strangely premium has dropped from 360 to 227!
spike60 is offline  
Spacecadet
Status: - Update
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by EauRouge View Post
If you had researched here before Andy, i really don't think you would have taken a policy out with them! They have a Rep that comes on here every so often who obviously keys in "Adrian Flux" to Google and sees who has been slagging (Generally the case) of the company and then comes on pretending to be the "Boss" which in itself is illegal and comes out with the same Bullcarp response ....... something like ...... 'please send me your policy no and i will arrange for a Rep to get back to you'

From my experience and the experience of many others, i don't even waste my time getting a quote from them anymore, they are ruddy awful.
That's why the open log. Hopefully, we'll see they can offer decent service. Will update this thread as and when. All needs resolving before 25th June one way or another.
 
Spacecadet
Status: - Update
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
No response to EMail requests for clarification, so I called the 0844 customer services number and was told that the 14 days should be from policy start date, not as stated, purchase date. The lack of listed mods is caused by there being not enough room on the form. I was reassured that the customer service chap could confirm detailed and he apologised for the misleading wording on the mileage requirements declaration.

Going well so far.
 
Status: -
AO Traders
 
DAN@ADRIAN FLUX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: United Kingdom
County: Norfolk
Posts: 562

Member car:

Alfa

Hello

I apologise you did not receive a response to your email. I can confirm our Administration and Customer Service departments are only available until 5.30 pm.

I appreciate what you are doing here and that you may want to see the service levels that we offer without any influence from me, but please do feel free to PM me your reference number if you would like any further assistance with this matter or indeed in the future.

Id be more than happy to help where I can or have any matter looked into for you.

Thanks

Dan
[email protected] FLUX is offline  
keithyboy
Status: - Update
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
I've used Flux before and not had any problems with the. I've just insured another car with them and they were very efficient again (and a lot cheaper than mainstream insurers).

I find the charges for changes a bit steep but most insurers seem to have gone the same way.
 
Spacecadet
Status: - Update
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] FLUX View Post
Hello

I apologise you did not receive a response to your email. I can confirm our Administration and Customer Service departments are only available until 5.30 pm.

I appreciate what you are doing here and that you may want to see the service levels that we offer without any influence from me, but please do feel free to PM me your reference number if you would like any further assistance with this matter or indeed in the future.

Id be more than happy to help where I can or have any matter looked into for you.

Thanks

Dan
Cheers for the heads up. Hopefully I shan't need to be in contact, if AF does as they should!
 
Spacecadet
Status: - Update
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Today is the 25th of June so I filled in all 4 pages of required paperwork for my policy, 2 pages of modification report, a page declaring my current mileage, and a further page with the required details of the other car in the household, my house insurance and my contents insurance.

I have also enclosed a copy of the current issue of Fast Ford voucher with the 50 off a new policy at AF. That way I know that if they got the paperwork, they got the voucher. Will see if I get my 50 refund. Also, on advice in here all document were sent using 1st class signed for delivery.hopefully I'll get confirmation by return. Let us see.
 
Status: -
AO Member
 
shroonie29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: United Kingdom
County: Merseyside
Posts: 267

Member car:

PH1 GTV TS

I'm with AF (one of the few who insure in Liverpool)

Been with them for 8 or so years without issue so far.

now

@ this time I'm awaiting a write off claim to be sorted (no issue as yet)

Will report back when all is sorted (will get my Alfa then )

car is on a modified policy I should add
shroonie29 is offline  
Status: -
AO Member
 
shroonie29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: United Kingdom
County: Merseyside
Posts: 267

Member car:

PH1 GTV TS

I should add

My mate had his car written off by another party & AF dealt with it very well .

He had no issues/complaints to report (both MG ZS 180s as it happens)
shroonie29 is offline  
Spacecadet
Status: - Update
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyMac View Post
Today is the 25th of June so I filled in all 4 pages of required paperwork for my policy, 2 pages of modification report, a page declaring my current mileage, and a further page with the required details of the other car in the household, my house insurance and my contents insurance.

I have also enclosed a copy of the current issue of Fast Ford voucher with the 50 off a new policy at AF. That way I know that if they got the paperwork, they got the voucher. Will see if I get my 50 refund. Also, on advice in here all document were sent using 1st class signed for delivery.hopefully I'll get confirmation by return. Let us see.
Email received acknowledging receipt of all my documents. No mention made of 50 voucher, refund etc. EMail sent to follow up. Will report outcome when I get it.
 
Spacecadet
Status: - Update
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyMac View Post
Today is the 25th of June so I filled in all 4 pages of required paperwork for my policy, 2 pages of modification report, a page declaring my current mileage, and a further page with the required details of the other car in the household, my house insurance and my contents insurance.

I have also enclosed a copy of the current issue of Fast Ford voucher with the 50 off a new policy at AF. That way I know that if they got the paperwork, they got the voucher. Will see if I get my 50 refund. Also, on advice in here all document were sent using 1st class signed for delivery.hopefully I'll get confirmation by return. Let us see.
Email received acknowledging receipt of all my documents. No mention made of 50 voucher, refund etc. EMail sent to follow up. Will report outcome when I get it.
 
Spacecadet
Status: - Update
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Oh dear, so it begins!

In the magazine offer it states that customers should send the original or a photocopy. I finally got a response from Adrian Flux saying they require the original voucher, even though the magazine article clearly states "simply cut out or photocopy the following voucher, and send it in when you take up a policy."

Question, is this just a way of dodging a 50 refund. Also, sending the original will cost the price of an envelope, a stamp and recorded delivery. It will eat into my saving, especially as they already have the voucher. Have queries, will report back.
 
Status: living the Dream
AO Silver Member
 
finny05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: United Kingdom
County: Gloucestershire
Posts: 1,178
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyMac View Post
Oh dear, so it begins!

In the magazine offer it states that customers should send the original or a photocopy. I finally got a response from Adrian Flux saying they require the original voucher, even though the magazine article clearly states "simply cut out or photocopy the following voucher, and send it in when you take up a policy."

Question, is this just a way of dodging a 50 refund. Also, sending the original will cost the price of an envelope, a stamp and recorded delivery. It will eat into my saving, especially as they already have the voucher. Have queries, will report back.
Having been a happy customer with AF I am now a very unhappy customer due to the lies and complete failure to deal with my issues at the highest level.

My car was hit outside my house by a foreign couple in a rental car.

Witnesed by 3 people,reg taken and quick thinking picture taken of car driving off.
Police not interested as no body was hurt and I would have to drive 30 miles to make a statement!

Contacted AF who told me I can either claim on my insurance or claim through ULR.

If I claimed through my insurance it would affect my no claims discount,If I claimed through ULR it would not,so I was told(later to find out untrue).

This happened in Feb,so since then ULR have been pursuing rental car company for damages to car 400,and who have been not playing ball.

Anyway in April I added my Gta to my policy as it is sorned for 6 months,all was fine until
3 weeks ago AF e-mailed to tell me they would be taking another 137 off my card,which they have the details for.
So in true Finny fashion I got very angry and rang to be told "its not our fault its your accident".

So I contacted ULR who then passed me on to Markstudy and who said your agent(AF).. should have told us.

They told me as long as the case was closed then it wouldn't be an issue!!

I emailed AF and asked them not to take the money out of my account until they had contacted Markstudy.

Guess what ,they didn't contact Markstudy and took the money anyway.

I emailed and told them that the case had been closed and they should speak to Markstudy.

No apology no refund except for 35 for overcharging me and by taking the money out of my account without my consent and a 25 overdrawn charge.

Also I have a classic car insured with them and the premuim has doubled!

So if your car gets hit by a hit and run and the insurance company tell you if you go through ULR it won't affect your no claims,they are lying!

Also I am Company Director and we use PDQ machines all the time, we are not allowed to keep peoples card details!And I have to sign to say that I will not keep them!

How do these larger companies get away with it.

You can not stop it at the bank,so you have to order a new card with a security no on it.

Some people might never have to go down this road,but if you do beware as AF do not act in your best interest!!

Last edited by finny05; 03-07-12 at 19:38.
finny05 is offline  
Status: -
AO Member
 
reddevil71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: United Kingdom
County: Greater Manchester
Posts: 66

Member car:

156 2.0veloce

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyMac View Post
The phone process to get a quote was reasonably painless. An 0800 number to get through. I gave all my details, they came back with a price from Equity Red Star insurance. All modifications declared and all previous claims explained. I paid the full premium up front. And was e mailed the ploucy documentation about an hour later. So, any problems do far...?
Yes! First, the brake modifications are not listed on the policy schedule, despite me clearly including them on the phone and getting the AF rep to read them all back.
And, as today is the 7th of June, the have sent a declaration form that must be returned within 14 days of today, showing the EXACT mileage on the 25th of June when the policy starts which is impossible as there are 18 days until the 25th, plus postage time gives circa 25days delivery.
I emailed the customer service centre with my concerns at 4.45pm, no reply(they are open until 7pm)

Also, I asked about cancellation charges, if I cancel after 6 months, I'd get back 50, or just 1/8 of my premium, despite only using 1/2 of the term.

All modifications to the policy by me would attract a fee of 25, plus any additional charges.
Any changes AF make to the policy will cost me 35 plus any additional charges.

Also, AF didn't count alfaowner as a car club worthy of allowing a discount on their premium. Strange as their website is covered in pro club messages which suggest "up to 15% off for car club members"
i had a problem with equity red star i took my insurance out through santander ,i gave them all my details ,i got them to read back my info,and a few weeks later i got a snotty letter saying i hadnt provided them proof of my no claims which i had emailed them twice (just to be on safe side)and according to them they hadnt recieved it,ive had nothing but problems with them especialy when i had my accident being passed from pillar to post ,and also lack of correspondance ,i had my accident nearly a year ago ive had to ring them several times for updates ...in a nutshell what you save in premiums they more than make up for with their terrible customer services...direct line might be exspensive but in my opinion customer services are realy good and they keep you informed of whats going on...
reddevil71 is offline  
Status: #keepFightingMichael
AO Gold Member
 
EauRouge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Suriname
County: Brokopondo
Posts: 7,703
finny, i would have instructed my bank to have completed a "Charge back" this is where you give good reason ie: took money without consent and your bank will return the money within 3 days and bill the thieving barstewards 25 ontop. I have used this several times and when i tell them that i will instruct my bank to do a "Charge back" i normally get some prompt attention.
EauRouge is offline  
Status: living the Dream
AO Silver Member
 
finny05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: United Kingdom
County: Gloucestershire
Posts: 1,178
Quote:
Originally Posted by EauRouge View Post
finny, i would have instructed my bank to have completed a "Charge back" this is where you give good reason ie: took money without consent and your bank will return the money within 3 days and bill the thieving barstewards 25 ontop. I have used this several times and when i tell them that i will instruct my bank to do a "Charge back" i normally get some prompt attention.
My bank very kindly told me that because it was not a standing order or direct debit there was not alot they could do about it.

The problem lies within these companies keeping your debit/credit card details on record.

The answer is every time they want payment they should be required to get verbal permission from the card holder and details checked. Not just help themselves.
finny05 is offline  
Spacecadet
Status: - Update
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Adrian Flux have responded after two days and say:

We acknowledge receipt of your recent email with thanks and would be obliged if you could note our comments below.

We do require the actual voucher to be sent to us in order to offer the cash back. Once received we can finalise this for you.

No explanation as to why they have changed their terms and conditions from those advertised, and no attempt to offer apology for inconvenience, I'm beginning to agree with the general comments that Adrian Flux customer services are poor. Shame really.
 
Status: living the Dream
AO Silver Member
 
finny05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: United Kingdom
County: Gloucestershire
Posts: 1,178
I am still waiting for a reply!!
finny05 is offline  
Status: 6 cylinders. Big smile.
AO Silver Member
 
wynne71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: United Kingdom
County: West Midlands
Posts: 5,064
I got a decent quote from them in May of this year, for the 159.

Reduced excess but a similar price to the comparison companies. Decent bloke on the phone sorted all the details out, so money paid.
Received a request for some documentation, copies of no claims proof, driving license (both parts) and proof of address.
Sent all these away no problem, good to see they are checking who I am.

A week later got a letter asking for the license copies of my wife, as she is the named driver. Called to check I and she were still covered, had an apology for the paperwork mess up.

So all in all a decent service, and I'm a happy customer. Lets hope I never have to test the claims department out......

Moved over to the dark side

And loving it
wynne71 is offline  
Spacecadet
Status: - Update
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Just cut out my voucher to post, interestingly, checking the email Adrian Flux sent it reads:

If we've asked you to return any documents, these can be scanned and emailed back to us at the address above or you can return them FREEPOST using the address below:

Then it says

Following on from your recent correspondence, we note that you have returned a promotional voucher to be able to receive 50 off your insurance policy. In order for us to process the voucher, we ask that you please forward the original voucher to us. Once the voucher has been received, we can then look in to processing the voucher on your policy.

I like the way that one email contains two different instructions. Poor show Adrian Flux, poor customer service and the line - we can look in to processing your voucher suggests they will try and wriggle out of honouring it. We shall see.
 
Status: living the Dream
AO Silver Member
 
finny05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: United Kingdom
County: Gloucestershire
Posts: 1,178
Still no reply from AF.
finny05 is offline  
Reply

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Vendors > Insurance Section > Adrian Flux Insurance

Tags
adrian , experiences , flux , insurance

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Alfaowner.com - Insurance Scheme with Adrian Flux Tel: 01553 845872 [email protected] FLUX Adrian Flux Insurance 24 19-06-18 20:27
adrian flux insurance bikeaddict Rant Room 12 15-10-10 12:01
Adrian Flux Insurance Opening Hours [email protected] FLUX Adrian Flux Insurance 0 21-04-10 08:15
Adrian Flux insurance woes - WTF!!!! jackliebling General Alfa Discussion 6 01-06-07 08:58
Adrian Flux Discounted Home Insurance. [email protected] FLUX Adrian Flux Insurance 2 23-01-07 13:13

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome