Crazy insurances - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Adrian Flux Insurance Looking for advice on insuring your Alfa Romeo?
Click here for an online quotation

(Post Link) post #1 of 13 Old 24-02-12 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Essex
Help Crazy insurances

Hey all!!

Basically I'm 29 Yo, 5 years ncb with 1 claim nearly 5 years ago. I have put my mum as a second driver and she has 6 years ncb.
I will be driving af mito 1.4 (135) tb distinctive and the lowest insurance is 950 which is just absurd.

Can anyone Plz help me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Sabbz

Not sure if they do it in UK but go through a broker, they usually get the best deals. Speak to your nearest AR dealership, they will know brokers (again, assuming UK has brokers).

To give you an idea; I called around for ins on my MiTo QV, most of the time they wanted about ZAR2000 (or 166) per month. After going through a broker, they got me R1261 (or 105) per month, fully comprehensive with lots of benefits and an excess of R2500 (or 208). Which is fantastic as my MiTo is classified as a "sports car".

Hope this helps. :-)

(Post Link) post #3 of 13 Old 24-02-12 Thread Starter
AO Member

well done sabbz, not sure what you mean by brokers sorry. you mean like a company that will look at other diff companies and than find the cheapest?? like confused.com?

anyway i will be ringing diff companies up today and speak to them.
AO Platinum Member

County: Greater Manchester

Member car:

Office Chair.

I wish there was a hard and fast rule. There isn't . Too many variables all you can do is plug away interneting and phoning.
AO Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickolay View Post
well done sabbz, not sure what you mean by brokers sorry. you mean like a company that will look at other diff companies and than find the cheapest?? like confused.com?

anyway i will be ringing diff companies up today and speak to them.
Adrian Flux are an example of a broker. They will provide you with insurance, but it isn't actually them doing the ensuring.

As a minimum you should trawl the price comparison websites. Play around with who is the second driver (your mum is probably best), as well as your job description - which you can vary subtly as no job description will exactly match your job. Hint - don't tell them you are a professional wrestler.

Price comparison websites are good if you are relatively standard (i.e. no mods to the car, clean history etc), but for anything else you can often get better results from a broker.

Modern car insurance is a hideous rip-off. Best of luck
AO Platinum Member

Member car:

Toyota

I think if you check the money saving expert dot come website they'll be articles on car insurance quote screen scrapers and what percentage of insurers using the 3 or 4 will cover.
(Post Link) post #7 of 13 Old 24-02-12 Thread Starter
AO Member

ty for the help guys. i have been reading about adrian flux already and i dont think i will ever go to him.

i will try the money saving expert now, btw my cheapest offer was found from moneysupermarket dont com

and yeap i know about the job description but thanks anyway.
AO Traders

County: Norfolk

Member car:

Alfa

Quote:
ty for the help guys. i have been reading about adrian flux already and i dont think i will ever go to him.

i will try the money saving expert now, btw my cheapest offer was found from moneysupermarket dont com

and yeap i know about the job description but thanks anyway.
Hi

If there is a particular thing i can help with please pm me ?

Thanks
Dan
(Post Link) post #9 of 13 Old 24-02-12 Thread Starter
AO Member

Hi. I seen you posting and helping people. But what do you actually do for them???

Btw I have tried every where to find today cheapest but couldn't find it.
The more than when I was applying online and told me at the end that it can not insure me, am I that bad or where I live lol seriously.
On my fiat punt that I have at the moment the cheapest is 700 and it's 1.2 52 reg. For this cars people normally get let that 400.
AO Silver Member

County: Merseyside
Garage
Quote:
Hey all!!

Basically I'm 29 Yo, 5 years ncb with 1 claim nearly 5 years ago. I have put my mum as a second driver and she has 6 years ncb.
I will be driving af mito 1.4 (135) tb distinctive and the lowest insurance is 950 which is just absurd.

Can anyone Plz help me.
I don't think 950 is a bad price to be honest. I'm the same age with three years less NCB and pay just a bit more but in a Manchester postcode on a car of much less value and with the missus as a second driver.

And before anyone says anything I am in no way supporting the general daylight robbery that is car insurance I'm just saying that looking at the details (under 30, In or near a major city, car of reasonable value, male) in the current environment and with the current cartel like insurance market 950 doesn't seem that bad.
AO Silver Member

Manchester postcodes are bad for insurance all right
AO Traders

County: Norfolk

Member car:

Alfa

Hiya,

Yes I’m on the forum to answer any Flux or general insurance questions that members have. I will look into problems if they have them with Flux and see if I can help get them sorted out. I’ve been at Flux nearly 23 years now in many senior positions so I’m in quite a good position to sort things out if they need sorting.

Thanks
Dan
(Post Link) post #13 of 13 Old 27-02-12 Thread Starter
AO Member

well i guess for the area i live in the price is ok but still i wouldnt mind it to go down.

btw dan if you can beet that price i might have a look at flex insurance, but the reputation from what i have heard is not good.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Vendors > Insurance Section > Adrian Flux Insurance

Tags
crazy , insurances

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page