Confusing Insurance - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Adrian Flux Insurance Looking for advice on insuring your Alfa Romeo?
Click here for an online quotation

(Post Link) post #1 of 6 Old 12-01-11 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Staffordshire

Member car:

Alfa 147 2.0TS

Confusing Insurance

just paid for the insurance for my new alfa
went with admiral, but overseas call centre = a very angry jack
I work for an accident management company so find it very difficult to talk to people supposidly in the industry, but have no clue.
anyway rant over...

basically ive had insurance with admiral for the past 6 months, ive just bought a new car and have decided to stick with them. so changed the vehicle details. however does this mean i lose 6 months of no claims?
my policy was due to end in july 2011, but now iv changed the details it will be renewed again in Jan 2012. so when i hit july that will mean that ive had 12 months no claims, however when the policy ends in 2012, what happens to the 6 months i had before, if i was to change insurance company.
seems slightly unfair doesnt it?

Jack
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Silver Member

County: Bedfordshire

Member car:

A Motorbike ;)

could they not have just changed the vehicle for the remainder of the cover? otherwise it does sound very much like you have just lost 6 months no claims the AA did the same to me when i changed to my GTV, but as the current underwriter wouldn't cover the gtv, they had to effectively start a new policy. luckily i only lost 3 months, but it was chuffing annoying. they are robbing barstewards enough as it is, without pulling stunts like this :flame:
AO Silver Member

County: West Yorkshire
If it's the same policy (check the certificate) with the same insurer you should still be entitled to the NCB at the end of the year.

If you change to a different insurer you won't be - ins. cos. don't give credit for less than a full year's NCB.
(Post Link) post #4 of 6 Old 12-01-11 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

Alfa 147 2.0TS

yeh im not surprised to be honest though, its worse enough being 21 let alone losing the one thing that counter acts my age haha.
Will wait untill i get all the policy details through the post and have a good read.
(Post Link) post #5 of 6 Old 13-01-11 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

Alfa 147 2.0TS

right ok update...
i had the policy through via email and you were correct in that in effect i have just updated my policy so it will still end in july 2011 (so i was completely wrong haha). which also means that ill just get my full year no claim in july.

However new problem is that ive been quoted just over 800 to update the policy (which will run till july 2011)...
My previous car was a corsa and i paid £635 for the year starting from july 2010...
which would mean for the full year i would have to pay £1435...

I have since run a quote on their site and iv been quoted £1500 for the full 12 months....

so my question is how can they charge roughly the same premium when for the past 6months ive been driving a corsa 1.4... surely i should be paying far less as iv been driving a slow, crappy car for the past 6 months.

Any help? because if not im going to cancel the policy the bast4r9s, as iv got a quote from RAC for 1350 for the full 12 months starting from today lol

Thanks
AO Silver Member

County: West Yorkshire
If you change your car partly through a policy they never give you a competitive quote as they know you're locked in. Plus they add on admin fees etc. etc.

But the 1 yr NCB you get in July might make it worth sticking with them. There are a lot more insurers who will give you a quote with 1 yr NCB than with zero.

Grin and bear it I'm afraid - and when you are an old fart paying £200 for the year you will be able to laugh about it

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Vendors > Insurance Section > Adrian Flux Insurance

Tags
confusing , insurance

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page