Adrian Flux - Do they expect you to barter?? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Adrian Flux Insurance Looking for advice on insuring your Alfa Romeo?
Click here for an online quotation

(Post Link) post #1 of 10 Old 25-05-10 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Hampshire
Adrian Flux - Do they expect you to barter??

Why oh why oh why will an insurance company NEVER give you their best quote to save me the hassle of going back to them to tell them they are 350 more expensive than a COMPARISON SITE!

Dan, i haven't called Flux yet (I'm sorely tempted not to bother) but a renewal of 1350 for my V6 Spider was a bitter pill to swallow after the year i've had (it had it's roof maliciously sliced).

Confused.com comes up with 2 quotes of 1000.

Also, i'm concerned that the renewal policy lists my claim as 'theft'. I hope this doesn't mean the car is listed as being stolen/recovered?!

Hoping you might be able to help me with a more 'normal' renewal?

My renewal pdf was number 43002349.pdf.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Traders

County: Norfolk

Member car:

Alfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkangelv2 View Post
Why oh why oh why will an insurance company NEVER give you their best quote to save me the hassle of going back to them to tell them they are 350 more expensive than a COMPARISON SITE!

Dan, i haven't called Flux yet (I'm sorely tempted not to bother) but a renewal of 1350 for my V6 Spider was a bitter pill to swallow after the year i've had (it had it's roof maliciously sliced).

Confused.com comes up with 2 quotes of 1000.

Also, i'm concerned that the renewal policy lists my claim as 'theft'. I hope this doesn't mean the car is listed as being stolen/recovered?!

Hoping you might be able to help me with a more 'normal' renewal?

My renewal pdf was number 43002349.pdf.

Thanks

Hiya,

I will ask someone to look into this for you and give you a call.

Thanks
Dan
AO Silver Member

County: Durham
Well my quote has just turned up in my inbox!!! where are the benefits of be in an owners club?? I don't see any. Also as some peep on here have said AF appear to be one of the few firms who know the benefits of certain mods and this too can help in your renewal quotes.
Well i'm not best please at the quote,up from last year and I only do 5000 to 6000 miles a year and with better brakes and lower suspension I expected it to go the other way. Time to look at the screen sweeper sites me thinks...
AO Silver Member

County: Durham
Phoned them and now much happier.
(Post Link) post #5 of 10 Old 04-06-10 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Hampshire
Thanks Dan.

AF gave me their best quote of 1150, that's a 200 markdown from their first renewal however it's unfortunately still 100+ more than admiral.

Think i'll end up with Chris Knott though who are agreeing to beat any quote (that needs to be substanciated) that i give them.
AO Member

County: South Yorkshire
I think they do expect you to barter. I am in my 3rd year with Flux and each year, the renewal quote has been 10% above the previous premium. I am a low user, 5000 miles a year and I (now ) have a clean licence and have never had a claim.

I ring each time to express unhappiness and low and behold, I pay about 5% less than the previous year.

It is odd you have to do this, but I guess some small details that reduce the quote only come through on the telephone. I'm also not keen on the admin charges that you end up paying as it pushes the price up, but maybe the normal insurers have these included in your premium so you just don't know you're paying them.

I have been tempted with Admiral the last 2 times as they have competitive quotes even with my mods. Don't bother with Direct Line as they ran a mile as soon as my stainless went on.
AO Silver Member

County: Warwickshire
This happened to me, I just went elsewhere. It smacks of trying it on to me. Because they gave you the best deal last year are they hoping you will assume it's true for your renewal and then you get stuffed for the extra. None of the three companies I use for our cars have done this this year and have got the repeat business. Judging from my own experience and the age of this thread this appears to be an ongoing thing with AF. Probably not in every case but still not good that they can't give the best price first time.
AO Gold Member

County: Brokopondo
Every Insurance company is the same! If you are lazy or do not allocate enough time it will be easy money for them. The way i look upon insurance is the same as buying a car, i never pay the windscreen price and i play them off against each other. Always allocate at least a month with a few calls every week and by the time your renewal is due, call back your existing insurer with your best quote and see if they can better it? If they can't go to the cheapest insurer and never take the comparison site price always ring the top 2 or 3 as they will have to pay comparethemarket et al for being represented on their site. If you go direct after the comparison quote you will/should always get a better deal.
AO Silver Member

County: Bedfordshire

Member car:

A Motorbike ;)

to be honest i find that i rarely end up with the same company for more than a year. i got a quote from AF by ringing them, and they quoted about 200 more than the best quote i can get elsewhere, and that was on a 1.6 145 with 9 years NCB! and my wife and i are both 30! also, the excess was way over the most competitive quote i could get (in fact, the excess was nearly the cost of the car ) so i think i will give it a miss this time, as i think that amount is too big to haggle
AO Member

County: Surrey

Member car:

GTV 3.0 24V

I have just got 1 year ncb had a license for 9 year my GF/Sambo for the same we are both 27 and i have a GTV v6 that cost me 777 a year, From admiral I thought this was realy good!
oh no Conv no Points 6,000 miles.

James

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Vendors > Insurance Section > Adrian Flux Insurance

Tags
adrian , barter , expect , flux

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page