Why I'll never use Flux again - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Adrian Flux Insurance Looking for advice on insuring your Alfa Romeo?
Click here for an online quotation

(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 06-05-10 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Wrexham

Member car:

GTV 2.0TS

Why I'll never use Flux again

I've had a policy with Adrian Flux for a few months now, and I was a little iffy about the premium I was paying on a previous vehicle but as it was a special policy I wasn't too fussed. Paid a deposit and a few months premiums and have now finished the Alfa so have gone to swap the vehicle over.

After 1 and a half hours on the phone I get informed that my change to the car will be an extra £300 for 8 months, which would bring the total premium to around £750. Swiftcover offered more cover for almost £300 less, and I can name at least 30 other insurers which can beat that.

Anyway, so I decided that it would be better to cancel the policy than pay £300 more, but yet I have been informed that to cancel the policy it will cost me roughly £134. A months premium has been taken (which I wouldnt be able to use anyway) so that still leaves £94, just for the pleasure of cancelling. Apparently it is in the small print.

I've deal with a lot of insurance companys in the last 7 years and at the end of this episode I can honestly say I've never experience such a poor service before. I feel like I'm meant too be backed into a corner with the cancellation fees but I'm not falling for it.

A valuable warning for those who are considering the service.

"Alfa Romeo make cars as good as a car can be.......briefly"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Traders

County: Norfolk

Member car:

Alfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by badj View Post
I've had a policy with Adrian Flux for a few months now, and I was a little iffy about the premium I was paying on a previous vehicle but as it was a special policy I wasn't too fussed. Paid a deposit and a few months premiums and have now finished the Alfa so have gone to swap the vehicle over.

After 1 and a half hours on the phone I get informed that my change to the car will be an extra £300 for 8 months, which would bring the total premium to around £750. Swiftcover offered more cover for almost £300 less, and I can name at least 30 other insurers which can beat that.

Anyway, so I decided that it would be better to cancel the policy than pay £300 more, but yet I have been informed that to cancel the policy it will cost me roughly £134. A months premium has been taken (which I wouldnt be able to use anyway) so that still leaves £94, just for the pleasure of cancelling. Apparently it is in the small print.

I've deal with a lot of insurance companys in the last 7 years and at the end of this episode I can honestly say I've never experience such a poor service before. I feel like I'm meant too be backed into a corner with the cancellation fees but I'm not falling for it.

A valuable warning for those who are considering the service.
Hiya,

Please feel free to PM me your surname, postcode, contact telephone number and the best time to call you and I will have a look into this for you.

Thanks
Dan

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Vendors > Insurance Section > Adrian Flux Insurance

Tags
flux

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page