Renewal Increase - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Adrian Flux Insurance Looking for advice on insuring your Alfa Romeo?
Click here for an online quotation

(Post Link) post #1 of 10 Old 18-03-10 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

County: Wrexham

Member car:

GTA Shed wagon

Hmmm Renewal Increase

Can anyone explain why my insurance premium has increased by 50 for this year even though I have an extra year No Claims, total 8 years now and nothing else has changed??
Surely it's meant to decrease

After a bit of ringing around, Elephant came in slightly cheaper, so AF knocked a bit more off for me making them the cheapest again but it's still close to 10% increase over last year!

Am I to expect the same next year? God knows what it'd be if I didn't have a no claims discount

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Traders

County: Norfolk

Member car:

Alfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmaxeman View Post
Can anyone explain why my insurance premium has increased by 50 for this year even though I have an extra year No Claims, total 8 years now and nothing else has changed??

After a bit of ringing around, Elephant came in slightly cheaper, so AF knocked a bit more off for me making them the cheapest again but it's still close to 10% increase over last year!

Am I to expect the same next year? God knows what it'd be if I didn't have a no claims discount
Hi there

If you would like for me to arrange a call back, feel free to pm me your full name, reference number and contact telephone number.

Cheers

Dan
AO Member

County: Leicestershire

Member car:

GTV

Mine increased by roughly 200. I have 6 years NCB, nearly 25 and married. Putting my wife as a named driver reduced it by about 150, even though she hasnt driven for 3 years and only owned a car for 6 motnhs before that. Its crazy. Elephant came out best, even after calling the ones that honour Alfa Owners Club. They all said it would be much better when I am actually 25 (thats less than a month). This time next year I should be able to get a V6 for the same insurance.
(Post Link) post #4 of 10 Old 18-03-10 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

Member car:

GTA Shed wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatAlfa View Post
Mine increased by roughly 200. I have 6 years NCB, nearly 25 and married. Putting my wife as a named driver reduced it by about 150, even though she hasnt driven for 3 years and only owned a car for 6 motnhs before that. Its crazy. Elephant came out best, even after calling the ones that honour Alfa Owners Club. They all said it would be much better when I am actually 25 (thats less than a month). This time next year I should be able to get a V6 for the same insurance.

ouch, a bit more increase than mine!
AO Silver Member

County: Tyne and Wear
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmaxeman View Post

Maybe the same person can explain why mine has went from 474 to 676 with Direct Line when i have 10 years no claims now! Infact when i rang up the explanation i got was it was due to the bad winter we've had. Ive been through every comparison site etc and the one comapny that was miles cheaper was AXA. The thing was you couldnt get monthly instalments but ive bit the bullet and paid it in one go. For the record the premium was 431 with NC Protection, Legal Cover etc for my MiTo 155 Veloce. Ive saved a fortune compared to the other quotes!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/philwhittaker/

XBOX LIVE & PS Network: GIZTO29
AO Member

County: Gloucestershire

Member car:

156 TS & 348TS

Mines gone up over 200 too. Has every year, and is p*****g me off!
AO Gold Member

County: West Midlands

Member car:

alph a ramayo

There was a bloke on telly tuther day saying why prices had gone up . Even tho there were fewer claims made last year Insurers were paying out more on claims because more and more people are claiming for whiplash and other injuries aswell as for damage to the vehicles .
So the amount people are claiming for has risen .
AO Platinum Member

County: herts
Mines just increased with SAGA! : Must be because I've nearly clocked that three score years and ten! I need to get a younger birth certificate with an alias maybe?
(Post Link) post #9 of 10 Old 02-04-10 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

Member car:

GTA Shed wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVEL View Post
There was a bloke on telly tuther day saying why prices had gone up . Even tho there were fewer claims made last year Insurers were paying out more on claims because more and more people are claiming for whiplash and other injuries aswell as for damage to the vehicles .
So the amount people are claiming for has risen .

I read about that, and the increase in false claims

It seems I've got away lucky with a 50 raise
AO Member

County: Cambridgeshire

Member car:

MX5 turbo

I used a comparison site just over a month ago to estimate how much I would need to renew, then when I did it again yesterday it had risen by 75 without changing anything.

Sometimes I wish I'd gone for a 1.6 being 21, rather than a 2.0... but then I come to my senses :P

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Vendors > Insurance Section > Adrian Flux Insurance

Tags
increase , renewal

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page