Anyone with Swiftcover? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Adrian Flux Insurance Looking for advice on insuring your Alfa Romeo?
Click here for an online quotation

(Post Link) post #1 of 26 Old 20-01-10 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Wrexham
Anyone with Swiftcover?

It is insurance renewal time and Admiral have decided to double what I paid last year.

I've been looking round and Swiftcover are the cheapest by about £100. The question is, are they any good, or do you get what you paid for?

Anyone on here with Swiftcover and if so, what do you think of them?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Gold Member

County: West Midlands

Member car:

alph a ramayo

I've just gone with them for mine , only been with them a week so can't comment yet .

They were £100 cheaper for me too
Admin Team

County: -

Member car:

Not a GT

I was with them for a previous car a couple of years ago. All done online, you print your own insurance cert (useful for tax etc) but getting hold of them for admin stuff is a little fiddly. I also seem to recall that the website was a bit 'clunky'.
I had to cancel my policy when I sold the car for which they charged me a £75 premium even though I had already paid the insurance in full. This was in the T&C, however.
Global Mod Team

Member car:

AMG C63 estate

I'll be with them from next month, as I got a good quote from them too. They do have a good reputation, and won a 'best online insurer' award recently.
On the other hand, if they're only a couple of quid cheaper than the next best, I'd avoid them simply based on that crappy Iggy Pop advert.
(Post Link) post #5 of 26 Old 20-01-10 Thread Starter
AO Member

3 replies and no rants about how evil they are... a better response than I expected!

I know what you mean about their adverts though bazza. If they weren't so cheap, I wouldn't buy simply because they annoy me so much!
kevjtd

i did a search for my bro last year, they came out at a far better price than he had got from his long standing broker.
he has renewed again with them recently again at a good deal.
he hasn't had to contact them for anything though, don't know how a claim would be handled, but the "print your own certificate" has caused no issue with getting tax or anything.

the way i see it, if your a careful driver and rarely make a claim, then saving £100 per year adds up to a fairly decent saving and more than compensates for a little hassle should you need to do some claiming in the future

i always go for the best known company from the 3rd cheapest quotes i get, this time i'm with Zurich, time will tell if it works out ok. but Churchill were being a pain despite being with them for 3 years without making a claim. they showed me no loyalty so i returned the favour

AO Silver Member

County: Aberdeenshire
my renewal with swiftcover comes up this month. I don't know how much it is going to be yet but just incase i get a higher price, How would i contact them to negotiate?

I moved to them last year and saved £300 on my renewal and they where also £100 cheaper than everyone else.
AO Platinum Member

County: Shropshire
LoveMoney.com had them as top. £75 to cancel a fully paid policy is a bit steep. Wonder if they charge you for policy changes etc?
AO Silver Member

Member car:

I got quoted £450 from Swiftcover, £100 MORE than with Adrian Flux. Still think £350 is way too much
AO Member

County: Surrey

Member car:

spider

I work for a indepentent broker and swift are a nightmare there is a way of contacting them but it cost a stupid amount per min, and I think they use recycled parts in the event of the claim. they angry me.
(Post Link) post #11 of 26 Old 01-02-10 Thread Starter
AO Member

lol. all the negative feedback comes through the day after I take out a policy with them...

Lets just hope I don't have any reason to claim to find out how good or bad they are
AO Silver Member

County: West Sussex
Garage

Member car:

Brera 2.4 jtd

Me and the misses are both with them best price around but weve never had to claim so couldnt comment on claiming!
rbh
AO Member

Member car:

Spider

Have used swiftcover a couple of times in the past. Found them to be as good as any other insurance and easy to sort it online. But never had to claim thats when you find out how good they are. The only draw back is if you need to get car tax at Post Office they dont accept a down loaded policy so you will have to get one sent out. If you do it online no probs.
PS Iam using churchill this year as they are giving free breakdown cover until March and only a few quid more.
Good luck.
AO Silver Member

County: Somerset

Member car:

147 1.6 Lusso

I'm with them and may have to claim on my windscreen policy. If it's a full replacement there is no excess, they just freeze your NCB for that year. Not sure how much(or little) that costs you.....? If it is repaired. no cost at all however.
kevjtd

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbh View Post
Have used swiftcover a couple of times in the past. Found them to be as good as any other insurance and easy to sort it online. But never had to claim thats when you find out how good they are. The only draw back is if you need to get car tax at Post Office they dont accept a down loaded policy so you will have to get one sent out. If you do it online no probs.
PS Iam using churchill this year as they are giving free breakdown cover until March and only a few quid more.
Good luck.
have done swiftcover for my bro and printed out his cert, the post office taxed it ok for him

AO Member

County: Gloucestershire
I use them, however no good or bad points to report.

As with all these type of things, its when something goes wrong that you find out if they are good or bad! Hopefully I never have the joy of answering that question!

Last edited by monkeybrain1234; 02-02-10 at 07:50.
AO Silver Member

County: Merseyside
Right, I have been with swift cover for a year now. Yes they do charge you to alter your policy...but only if you do it over the phone. If you make any changes online then I dont think they charge you. Its around £20-£25 I think if you do change your policy over the phone. I rung them up only three days to enquire about changing my vehicle over and they refused to cover it (Why a Mango's mod updated GT to 200BHP would be a problem I dont know) but I was told on the phone that as i have now paid my premiums in full, there would be NO charge to cancel the policy at this moment?? Not sure Keithy why you were told £75?????

Paul
AO Silver Member

County: Aberdeenshire
Unbelievable. Just got my renewal and it hasn't gone up! still the cheapest by far too.

£269 + £25 for legal and £13 (ish) for replacement car. Well impressed.
AO Member

County: West Yorkshire
I'm almost at the end of my 2nd yr with swiftcover!! i've had no probs whatsover!! I've got 3 cars in my name at the moment!! everything is done online. You only get charged for chaning if the car you are going to insure is more to insure than previous car!!

Last month I I bought another fiesta 1.3 as a runabout for work, already had exactly the same car, same yr, engine etc!! just dif colour, I swapped them over on the policy & didn't get charged a thing at all!!

Obviously when my GTV arrives today i'll have more to pay. When I went from the puma to the 147 last yr it cost me about £50 more to insure for the remaining 6 months of policy, they just spread the costs over your direct debits!!

The most useful thing i've found is you can swap cars on there as much as you want, for example if i'm going to pick a new car up but then it isn't going to get used till old car sells. I just swap the insurance over to new car the morning i'm getting it, then go pick it up & then just swap it back to old car when i get home

It's gonna cost me an extra £75 for the GTV for the remaining 3 months of my policy!! Unfortunately the lasy direct debit is this month so it all gets added onto that!!
AO Silver Member

County: Buckinghamshire
i have been with swift cover for the last year and they have been good, but with my house move, they loaded my new (city) postcode to a shocking degree (£150 per year extra) when other companies were quoting about £10 more..
AO Member

County: Buckinghamshire
I was with them for 2 years with no problems but when I came to renew they werent the cheepest by quite a margin (£100+) and I had to switch. Not convinced about how good they would be in a claim situation but thankfully never had to worry about it.

PO never gave me any issues about the certificate at tax time but then I always printed it on 90gsm paper on a laser and carefully folded it etc.

GK
AO Silver Member

County: Cheshire

Member car:

156 JTS

been with them 2 years, never had a problem with tax at post office, they also have a cover letter you can print out to give to the post office if they have any concerns about a home printed cert.

i have phoned them on plenty of occassions and never been charged for using a phone service or high priced phone calls
0871 230 9999 for general enquirys
0871 230 6666 for policyholder enquirys
in case anyone here needs the numbers

swiftcover

My boyfriend was with swiftcover for two years and their customer service was awesome, and call centres overseas with overseas people on the phone lines so sometimes it was easy to communicate. moreover their complaints team were excellent. Based in the UK and very swift with problems. i Had my reason to complain twice and they acknowledged, accepted and sent a very reasonable compensation offers. one of my starting had my renewal through this year which was £2200, basically because i'd put tinted windows on the policy (but later found out they were standard) and because of this accident. swiftcover cheaper, moreover they have clear cancellation guidelines and after going through various covers swiftcover provide, i phoned them up and got them to change the price to the swiftcover price, which was £850.

you can find nice set of swiftcover infographics explaining their renewal policies, insurance guidelines, cancellation & other impoprtant queries here, they are really worth having a sneek peek at.
AO Member

County: Lincolnshire-
I am with Kwik fit. I had a Saab 93 turbo convertible £178 fully comp. (2001 car) car was damaged at 0850hrs. Rang kwik fit at 0930hrs and by 0950hrs a total loss price had been agreed and sent by bank transfer! This was minus my excess which will be another week or so from the third party.

The only thing I'm not happy with is when I bought my Alfa they charged me £30 for a change of vehicle despite it being written off.
AO Member

County: Lincolnshire-
Must admit though will certainly give swiftcover a look as renewal looming on Alfa, Volvo and Peugeot!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Vendors > Insurance Section > Adrian Flux Insurance

Tags
swiftcover

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page