Help!!!! - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Adrian Flux Insurance Looking for advice on insuring your Alfa Romeo?
Click here for an online quotation

(Post Link) post #1 of 8 Old 11-12-09 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

County: Greater London
Not Happy Help!!!!

Every 17th of the month I pay my car insurance, as you do. On September i missed a payment due to recieveing a cheque instead of cash but no problems I waited for it to clear and payed by phone. This happened again the next month, payed couple days late due to cheque clearing.

Then I recieved an email from quinn-direct telling me I missed my payment and that was strike 2, 1 more and direct debit/insurance would be canceled. So i called quinn and asked them to change the direct debit from 17th to 28th incase i had the problem again. They said no problem and it will be done.

28th November passes and nothing comes out. I waited a few days and then decided to call to see what was going on. The woman I spoke to said the direct debit has gone through and will take a few days for the money to be taken out, she then tells me to call the bank to make sure it processes. I call the bank and the woman tells me she will allow the direct debit through, job done.

Today I receive a letter from quinn saying that my bank "declined to process the direct debit again" and now they can no longer offer the direct debit facility. It then goes on to request the remainder of my insurance £900, which has to be payed within 14 days from the date on the letter (7/12/09), which leaves me with 10 days to pay £900!!

I dont have that kind of money considering the time of year and now i have no idea what to do. They say the direct debit was declined AGAIN but why did they not contact me? I could have easily sorted it out but now i have to pay up or not drive

What should I do?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Silver Member

County: -
Quinn Direct are awful, I know this is going off topic but windscreen repair companies won't work with them because they don'y pay out. That says a lot about them . Avoid them like the plague
(Post Link) post #3 of 8 Old 11-12-09 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

too late for that lol, they gave me the best deal and their customer service has been excellent up until now. I'v called them about 5 times for different questions/reasons and always been helpful. Fortunately I haven't claim so all is well although I may not be driving for a while because of this problem
AO Traders

County: Norfolk

Member car:

Alfa

Hi,

Ring them and explain the situation to them again and that you cannot pay it all off in one go and can they set up installments through themselves?

Dan.
(Post Link) post #5 of 8 Old 12-12-09 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

I'v sent them an email and i'm going to call them in a bit. They said they cannot offer me the direct debit facility anymore in the letter. I don't see why they can't and i'm still annoyed that they couldn't call me to say it didn't go through the first time. Looks like 3 months without driving if i don't pay up .Hopefully they can sort something out before the times up.

Dan do you guys match other insurance companies on price? I'm turning 19 in a couple months and will be looking at either a Mito or a grande punto to replace my fuel munching 147. Hopefully if this get's sorted i will have 1 years no claims by then

Cheers for the help
(Post Link) post #6 of 8 Old 12-12-09 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

Update: I called the bank and they said there was no reason for the bank to decline the direct debit so it should have gone through regardless of me calling the bank to process it. There is a possibility that quinn-direct didn't even request a direct debit which seems odd. Still have no idea what to do
AO Traders

County: Norfolk

Member car:

Alfa

Hi,

I would suggest ringing your Insurer and telling them what the bank have said and ask them to re look at the case.

If you would like to PM me your Details ( Name and Postcode and Contact Number and the best time to call and some basic details about you and the car and the other quote you have had) I shall talk to some of the underwriters here and see what we can do to help.

Dan.
(Post Link) post #8 of 8 Old 14-12-09 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

thanks dan, I pm you when i get my new car

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Vendors > Insurance Section > Adrian Flux Insurance

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page