AF - terrible quote. Again! - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Adrian Flux Insurance Looking for advice on insuring your Alfa Romeo?
Click here for an online quotation

(Post Link) post #1 of 22 Old 03-10-09 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

County: -
AF - terrible quote. Again!

Well I have posted in the past that I have had crap quotes from AF when renewal time comes around; however I have no loyalty when it comes to insurance companies so I thought I would give them another try now that I am putting my 916 back on the road.

25yrs old.
4 yrs NCB
0 convictions and 0 claims

1998 Spider 2.0ts
LHD
Aftermarket alloys and exhaust.
Comp cover inc. commuting @10,000 miles PA

£730!!!

I know that there is a chap on here that can look in to these things so the quote ref is:1238867PC

AF, once agiain you are missing the mark by about £250!

-1998 916 Spider 2.0TS Lusso-
H&S Corse stage 1.
CATCAMs stage 1 cams with Savali custom ECU remap.
305mm discs with 166 4-pot callipers.
Ragazzon exhaust mid section.
Biscione Racing 2x70mm rear section.
Polybush suspension.
17" Zender Siena wheels with 3mm rear spacers.
etc etc etc!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Member

County: Cambridgeshire

Member car:

156 2.5 v6

Its different for everyone i guess but a quick call to them will sort it out, adrian flux have been UNBEATEN in 5 years on renewals with me, if you get a cheaper quote chances are they will match or beat it!
AO Traders

County: Norfolk

Member car:

Alfa

If you would like to PM me your Name and Postcode I can look into the quote and maybe explain why our price is so different to the others you are getting,
Regards,
Dan.
(Post Link) post #4 of 22 Old 05-10-09 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

Hi Dan,

Matt is already taking care of it over on PH.

Thanks
AO Traders

Member car:

Alfa

No Worries, Good luck with it all

Dan.
AO Silver Member

County: Falkirk
You should try Elephant if you haven't already.

I'm 35 with about 10 years NCB, no accidents or convictions and pay £220 for a 166 2.5 V6 including a protected, guaranteed no claims bonus, legal cover, etc and a £50 excess.

Confused.com has served me well down the years too.
AO Member

County: Kent
I have a question for Dan Clark if your about. I have a 1982 GTV6, unmodified except it has some Alfa 156 wheels on it and uprated HT leads... problem is... in the event of a claim, what is she worth? Is there a guarenteed value for the GTV6 of say £3500 or would it be a 'its old so worth £250' sort of thing?

Peter
AO Traders

Member car:

Alfa

Hi 156&GTV6,
It really depends on the type of policy you would take out for the car. If it is a Standard market value policy then yes, you would get market value for that vehicle. Normally the insurers would use classic car guides etc to determine the market value. If it is a classic car policy that offers Agreed Value then the insurer would offer the policy holder the opportunity to fix the value subject to the usual documentation being provide so then in the event of a claim there wouldn't be any haggling etc.

I hope this helps, If not then please pm me a contact Number and I can get the manager of that team to call you to go through your options with you.

Dan.
AO Member

Hi Dan, thanks for that. I'll have a word tomorrow and get a quote. Really it needs to have a agreed value as the amount of work I have put in and money spent the idea of someone saying its worth next to nothing would mortify me!

Cheers,
Peter
Darren156

Crikey that's expensive!!! I had a 1997 GTV and was paying about £400 fully comp with 3 years NCD at 22 years old, I didn't think that soft tops were THAT much more expensive to insure???

AO Silver Member

Member car:

145 cloverleaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Clark View Post
If it is a classic car policy that offers Agreed Value then the insurer would offer the policy holder the opportunity to fix the value subject to the usual documentation being provide so then in the event of a claim there wouldn't be any haggling etc.
Unless it's a "Chaucer Classic Car Policy" then they will Haggle,call you a liar,ignore your call and bend over backwards not to payout.
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ian145 View Post
Unless it's a "Chaucer Classic Car Policy" then they will Haggle,call you a liar,ignore your call and bend over backwards not to payout.
That sounds about right....when I crashed my 1st 156 (now on 3rd) Admiral were only gong to give me 2.2k.... it was worth about 6k then, eventually after a lot of messing around I got them up to £4000 after taking the £200 excess (I was 23 at the time).
(Post Link) post #13 of 22 Old 09-10-09 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren156 View Post
Crikey that's expensive!!! I had a 1997 GTV and was paying about £400 fully comp with 3 years NCD at 22 years old, I didn't think that soft tops were THAT much more expensive to insure???

Its a LHD import with different alloys and exhaust.

Still, credit where its due - I spoke to Flux on the old telephone and they knocked over £200 from their internet price.

They are still not quite the cheapest, but close enough and they give better policy benefits - so it seems actually ill be going with Flux when the time comes.
AO Member

County: Midlands

Member car:

Alfa Romeo 159

Yeh Try Adrian Flux they did a far better quote for me on my Fiat Coupe 20v! I was speechless! And i'm 20 with 1 speeding tickets and 3 years NCB
AO Member

County: Berkshire

Member car:

Spider

Admiral

I got my insurance from Admiral which shocked me lol:

I'm 39 with 3 years NCB and my last claim was a land rover being wrote off and I have 3 points for speeding.

The quote was £329 which I shokingly said yes too and hoped they hadn't made a mistake lol.
AO Member

County: Antrim

Member car:

Alfa 156 2.5 V6

Chaucer direct sorted me a good deal, £408 , sorry Dan but AF were a total joke on the quote. I'm 36 driving a 2.5 V6
AO Traders

Member car:

Alfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by colonel View Post
Chaucer direct sorted me a good deal, £408 , sorry Dan but AF were a total joke on the quote. I'm 36 driving a 2.5 V6
Sorry to hear we were not competative for you this time around Colonel.
I'd be more than happy to have a look into our quote if you wanted to PM me.
Thanks
Dan
AO Member

County: Greater London

Member car:

GTV TS

AF just quoted me more than a grand (in fact the girl didn't tell me the price because it was soooo high) for a 2.0 GTV (39, no ncb, no points, convictions, nothing) and elephant offered me under £700.

Living in London and not driving for a while has certainly screwed me..
cas
AO Silver Member

Disappointed of Kent

Well, at least this year AF were able to give me a quote -- 23, male, 3 yrs NCB, 3 points (SP30), 0 accidents/claims.

Although this hasn't proved terribly competitive : £1,300 vs best quote elsewhere of £870.

Although the girls I spoke to were very helpful and (at least) seemed genuinely sorry they weren't able to do better -- which is more than can be said for the Other AR Club's insurer, who couldn't give me any sort of price, didn't give a toss, and couldn't get rid of me quick enough.
AO Traders

Member car:

Alfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDog View Post
AF just quoted me more than a grand (in fact the girl didn't tell me the price because it was soooo high) for a 2.0 GTV (39, no ncb, no points, convictions, nothing) and elephant offered me under £700.

Living in London and not driving for a while has certainly screwed me..
Sorry to hear that we not able to compete!, i suppose she did not want to go over all the details and waste your time if we were no where near your best price.

Dan
AO Platinum Member

County: West Yorkshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by cas View Post
Well, at least this year AF were able to give me a quote -- 23, male, 3 yrs NCB, 3 points (SP30), 0 accidents/claims.

Although this hasn't proved terribly competitive : £1,300 vs best quote elsewhere of £870.

Although the girls I spoke to were very helpful and (at least) seemed genuinely sorry they weren't able to do better -- which is more than can be said for the Other AR Club's insurer, who couldn't give me any sort of price, didn't give a toss, and couldn't get rid of me quick enough.
Yeah but I bet you'd have taken it if they'd have got their baps out on the internet...

Oh they already do that and they are still expensive
AO Member

Just tried a quote from Tesco - 159 2.4 SW, 42yr old, 3 points, 9 years no claims, £109....... per month!! WTF?
Confused-£380-£780 per annum

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Vendors > Insurance Section > Adrian Flux Insurance

Tags
terrible

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page