First rant! - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Adrian Flux Insurance Looking for advice on insuring your Alfa Romeo?
Click here for an online quotation

(Post Link) post #1 of 11 Old 15-09-09 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Greater London

Member car:

147 2.0ts

Madness First rant!

Hi all!

Only made my first post last night after a year of lurking but sorry to say here is my first rant:

I have just hit my first road block as an alfa owner in the shape of insurance. As a result I won't be able to drive my 147 until early december!

Basicly my current insurers will not switch my policy over without me losing my NCB for the year. I looked at temporary insurance and they want £350 off me a month cause my no claims is wrapped up in my current policy! I am sure they said:

"Hey look at him he is young and male let's paint a bullseye on his wallet!"

As a result the car is going to have to be off road until Dec which sucks but I will just have to spend plenty of time pampering her until then.

On the plus side I had a brilliant quote from Adrian Flux just a shame it expires after 14 days.

First rant completed!

Last edited by andycs; 23-09-09 at 12:50.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Rayq81

Quote:
Originally Posted by andycs View Post
Hi all!

Only made my first post last night after a year of lurking but sorry to say here is my first rant:

I have just hit my first road block as an alfa owner in the shape of insurance. As a result I won't be able to drive my 147 until early december!

Basicly my current insurers will not switch my policy over without me losing my NCB for the year. I looked at temporary insurance and they want £350 off me a month cause my no claims is rapped up in my current policy! I am sure they said:

"Hey look at him he is young and male let's paint a bullseye on his wallet!"

As a result the car is going to have to be off road until Dec which sucks but I will just have to spend plenty of time pampering her until then.

On the plus side I had a brilliant quote from Adrian Flux just a shame it expires after 14 days.

First rant completed!
Insurance is a nightmare, I tried to get Adrian Flux to quote for my 19 year old to drive my 147 and they would not even quote me

Eric C

Its just one of the many ways they have to screw people who drive nice cars!

AO Member

County: Bedfordshire
Did you ring Flux or was this an online quote?
(Post Link) post #5 of 11 Old 15-09-09 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

147 2.0ts

Initially an online quote for Flux Direct through one of the comparison sites. I then phoned to confirm the price etc.

Wasn't moaning about AF as their quote was very competitive and it is more than understandable that they cannot hold a quote for 2 and a half months!

Just a frustrating situation having to wait until Dec!
AO Traders

County: Norfolk

Member car:

Alfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by andycs View Post
Initially an online quote for Flux Direct through one of the comparison sites. I then phoned to confirm the price etc.

Wasn't moaning about AF as their quote was very competitive and it is more than understandable that they cannot hold a quote for 2 and a half months!

Just a frustrating situation having to wait until Dec!
Hi,

if you would like to PM me your details I can look into a quote with Adrian Flux as we have several schemes for Alfa drivers and forum members get up to 15% discount.

Dan.
AO Traders

County: Norfolk

Member car:

Alfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayq81 View Post
Insurance is a nightmare, I tried to get Adrian Flux to quote for my 19 year old to drive my 147 and they would not even quote me
Hi,

This could be because the Insurers have certain criteria before we are able to quote.

If you would like to PM me your details (name and postcode and some details about your son) then I can have a look into it for you and see if there is anything i can do to help or advise you on.

Dan.
AO Member

County: Lancashire
Insurance

Alfa Romeo now have their own insurance which is pretty competitive and unlike the real cheapo's like Tesco if you have an accident the Parts will all be genuine and only repaired at AR approved bodyshops

County: Kent
First Post!!

Insurance has alwas been a nightmare for me, Used to drive a Pug 306 Gti6 until three weeks ago, brought a nice 2002 Alfa 156 2.0 T Spark (She Beautiful) I've been with Adrian Flux for years but have found a company called Green Light Insurance quite good, you fill out an online form and the text / email you the quote, i found that they are cheaper than Adrian Flux by £80 (a year) Just gonna phone Flux back to see if they can price match, if not, bye bye until next years insurance price war starts, lol
(Post Link) post #10 of 11 Old 22-09-09 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

147 2.0ts

Hi Dan,

PM sent.

Thanks
AO Member

County: Shropshire

Member car:

156 1.6TS

Yep insurance aint great mate, my first car was a 156 1.6TS so you can imagine the kind depth i had to burry my hands into my pocket for that. (still only 17 only beend driving it a few weeks, already taken over by the alfa virus.)

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Vendors > Insurance Section > Adrian Flux Insurance

Tags
rant

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page