Just had my insurance renewal quote! grrr! - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Adrian Flux Insurance Looking for advice on insuring your Alfa Romeo?
Click here for an online quotation

(Post Link) post #1 of 26 Old 08-09-09 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Hampshire
Warning Just had my insurance renewal quote! grrr!

Actually went up from 66 quid a month to 73!!!

I've just recently turned 34, have 3 years no claims (although have 5yrs missing for a period before this where I had a company car, but the company went under so no proof! )

Do about 5-10 miles a day, so probably around 5,000-6,000 over the year, offroad parking.

Car is an Alfa 1.8 Twinspark with no mods etc, purchase price 2nd hand was 2,500, prob worth about 2,000 (at a push) in the current climate I guess.

Oh, and NO (yes 0 ZERO!) points, fines or anything since I've been driving!!!

Suggestions?

(just filled out quote for AF so we'll see how that compares... forgot to click the "member of any club" box tho oops!)

Last edited by Dreamz; 08-09-09 at 18:41.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Member

County: Gloucestershire

Member car:

145 Cloverleaf

just renewed mine the other day 334 1 years nc wrong side of 40 ! , and i thought that was ttp ! adrian flux wanted 400+

i suggest you try footman james i have heard good things i am going to try them too hth
(Post Link) post #3 of 26 Old 08-09-09 Thread Starter
AO Member

lol 334!?!? geez (and I say that because thats HALF of mine!) ... I think more companies are trying to screw their existing customers for more money due to the probably decline in people renewing due to the recession.... or something

I'll have a look ty!

Last edited by Dreamz; 08-09-09 at 18:36.
(Post Link) post #4 of 26 Old 08-09-09 Thread Starter
AO Member

hmmm directline online quote 422.10.... thats much more like it! (now to try some more!)

beat that AF!

my renewal from Vauxhall Insurance states NCD - 3 - i've not changed insurance companies before, and I had a company car before all of this so didn't have to worry about that. how do i go about getting my NCD from them to the new insurer?

Last edited by Dreamz; 08-09-09 at 18:50.
AO Member

County: Northumberland
Phone your Insurer and ask them to send you proof of no claims. You then need to forward this to your new Insurer. They normally give you 14 days to do this when you take out your new policy
(Post Link) post #6 of 26 Old 08-09-09 Thread Starter
AO Member

Ok cool will do, Admiral coming in at 430.00 - makes me laugh when the poor girl at Vauxhall was trying to tell me 710.00 was a good price... >.<

and angry that some unsuspecting people will just pay that!
AO Silver Member

County: Bristol

Member car:

Alfa GT

I really don't understand some of these quotes, I am 24 and have just been looking at 1.8 TS insurance quotes.

I am being quoted 460 from admiral!, so god knows why yours isn't that much cheaper? :s
(Post Link) post #8 of 26 Old 08-09-09 Thread Starter
AO Member

how many years no claims do you have? are you being *honest* with your input?

I'm going with driveway parking, about 5-6k a year, 2-350 excess fully comp
AO Silver Member

County: Bristol

Member car:

Alfa GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamz View Post
how many years no claims do you have? are you being *honest* with your input?

I'm going with driveway parking, about 5-6k a year, 2-350 excess fully comp
Totally honest with my input, 2 years no claims, 350 excess, 6k miles a year, driveway parking in Bristol, but I have added my girlfriend onto the quotes as a second driver.

Maybe that helps?
(Post Link) post #10 of 26 Old 08-09-09 Thread Starter
AO Member

hmm I guess it would if she has a good history too, or maybe you get discount for 2? lol

god knows tbh >.<
K9d
AO Silver Member

County: Wiltshire
Renewal for my 146 from A(rse)viva went from 350 a year to 1500
Told them where to stick it.
My 166 is only 420 with Elephant.
AO Traders

County: Norfolk

Member car:

Alfa

Hi Dreamz,

Did you get a reply from Adrian Flux? If you would like me to check it for you and add that you are a member of this forum then please PM me your Name and Postcode.

Regards,
Dan.
AO Traders

Member car:

Alfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamz View Post
hmmm directline online quote 422.10.... thats much more like it! (now to try some more!)

beat that AF!

my renewal from Vauxhall Insurance states NCD - 3 - i've not changed insurance companies before, and I had a company car before all of this so didn't have to worry about that. how do i go about getting my NCD from them to the new insurer?
Hi,

Normally when you are starting a new policy and you have No Claims from elsewhere then your New Insurer will ask you to supply proof or information from your Previous Insurer this can be obtained by simply calling them and asking them to send it on if your policy has finished.

Dan.
(Post Link) post #14 of 26 Old 09-09-09 Thread Starter
AO Member

heya,

yeah what I have here is my renewal quote from Vauxhall for the 28/09/2009, so end of this month.

states price, 3yrs NCD etc too - would I need a seperate letter from this as this is my yearly automatic renewal correspondance.

AF replied - 525 off the same information given, quote number 1224924PC‏ - have a look
AO Traders

Member car:

Alfa

Hi,

Thanks for the details, It sounds like your yearly renewal letter would be fine for proof of NCB so long as it states the Years you have earned it would be all we would need.

I checked your quote and it does have membership to a forum added so you got your discount of it.

Dan.

County: Bedfordshire
For my first car on a prov licence i got quoted 506 from quinn and over 1000 from them
AO Member

Member car:

156, RX7

Renewal quotes are always waaayy higher than your previous year's insurance. I was surprised to learn that most people don't bother with shopping around!

My last renewal was 805!! previously paid 300 odd, ok so I was driving a Seicento last year but 805!!! Noo way. Thank you Adrian Flux for the reasonable quote of 400 that's more like it
AO Member

County: West Yorkshire
esure insurance quote

hello all, just got mt renewal quote from esure - 421 from 381 the previous year!! Thought this is way too much, so done the normal thing of going online and filling in compare.com, autotrader, etc, cheapest quotes were from Hastings direct @ 348 but they had not added personel protection and legal cover soon shot up toward and over the 400 mark!! Looking at comeents above, somewhere round the 400 mark seems the norm! Why so expensive.

Alfa 146 twin spark Lusso
75000 and still a brillaint ride!
AO Gold Member

County: South Lanarkshire
Ive got this"Saga" ahead of me in a few months time....I have however thanks to cofussed dot com halved my home and contents inurance and got better cover.(That is of course assuming they dont go to the wall or I claim and they hammer the small print)

Insurance AAARGH and all those stupid questions.

Pomeo
I could have gone to a company I was with years ago and get 50 back.....BUT I would have had to pay 350 to get the fifty back....Not in my book.
AO Silver Member

County: -

Member car:

Zafira mostly.

So I am taking my quote of just over 250 is good then. lol

a friend of mine told me that they are expensive because of the parts cost etc. Ie if they break down its big money. But I don't find it any more expensive than my Type R scooby to repair. That went bang in a big way and I was looking at 2500 for the engine to be sorted etc.

My 147 was dearer to insure but it was newer at the time.
m0t
AO Member

County: Kent

Member car:

GTV Lusso 3.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Clark View Post
Hi,

Thanks for the details, It sounds like your yearly renewal letter would be fine for proof of NCB so long as it states the Years you have earned it would be all we would need.

I checked your quote and it does have membership to a forum added so you got your discount of it.

Dan.

I wouldn't be so quick to accept a renewal letter - I had an accident about 5 years ago when I was with Liverpool Victoria, they sent me a renewal letter a month later saying '75% No Claims Discount' which was 1 year and then later on '1 Accident'.

So from the letter it appeared as though they were saying I had a non fault accident and had still collected my no claims. A few days later I got a letter through letting me know I had got 0 no claims in reality, but had I been dishonest I could have used the renewal letter as proof (and saved myself the 600 it put my insurance up!).

AO Gold Member

County: Brokopondo
233.23 Admiral for Spider! Just hittin Life begins age!? (7 Yrs Protected NCB, 250 Excess)
AO Traders

Member car:

Alfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by m0t View Post
I wouldn't be so quick to accept a renewal letter - I had an accident about 5 years ago when I was with Liverpool Victoria, they sent me a renewal letter a month later saying '75% No Claims Discount' which was 1 year and then later on '1 Accident'.

So from the letter it appeared as though they were saying I had a non fault accident and had still collected my no claims. A few days later I got a letter through letting me know I had got 0 no claims in reality, but had I been dishonest I could have used the renewal letter as proof (and saved myself the 600 it put my insurance up!).
Hi,

We accept the letter then call the company up to confirm it is all correct.

Regards,
Dan.
(Post Link) post #24 of 26 Old 29-09-09 Thread Starter
AO Member

Went with Direct Line - 450quid 3yrs NCB - job done

Should come down next year when I pass that elusive 4yr mark I guess and can protect my NC's..
AO Platinum Member

County: Hertfordshire
pfft

I tried SO MANY insurers this year, all came up rubbish! my Re quote from the AA was nearly 14 hundred quid! when last year i paid 700. grrrrrrrrrrr guess its my age...
Female, 25, 3 yrs no claims, one accident claim 4 yrs ago, not in the alfa. still paying 600 plus and have to put my long time driver husband on the policy to bring it down, despite his having trade insurance...hmmmmm

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Vendors > Insurance Section > Adrian Flux Insurance

Tags
grrr , insurance , renewal

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page