159 Insurance, how can it be so cheap??? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Adrian Flux Insurance Looking for advice on insuring your Alfa Romeo?
Click here for an online quotation

Old 22-05-09 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Glasgow
159 Insurance, how can it be so cheap???

I'm waiting for my 159 1.9 JTDM Ti, which is due in about a week, and I phoned my current insurer Privilege and couldn't understand the answer...

I'm going from a 147 2.0 TS Lusso (2004) which as we all know is not worth a whole lot.. it was about 250 a year to insure.
They've quoted me under 200 for the 159... for a year .. its mad, I mean I suppose I'm getting on abit, but not quite 40, and I live in Glasgow, so I am stunned..

Brilliant though
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 30-05-09
AO Member

County: Dorset

Member car:

159 2.4 Jtdm Ti

I have a 2.4 JTDM Ti on order (should be here in a week) and Privilege came up trumps for me too!
I was quoted 212 Fully Comp not bad for a new motor I am also closing in on 40 LOL
Old 25-06-09
AO Silver Member

County: -

Member car:

Last time I looked at a quote on a diesel, it was higher than I was paying for my 2.0TS

Must try again!
Old 25-06-09
AO Silver Member

County: Devon

Member car:

159 1.9jtdm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Withy View Post
I'm waiting for my 159 1.9 JTDM Ti, which is due in about a week, and I phoned my current insurer Privilege and couldn't understand the answer...

I'm going from a 147 2.0 TS Lusso (2004) which as we all know is not worth a whole lot.. it was about 250 a year to insure.
They've quoted me under 200 for the 159... for a year .. its mad, I mean I suppose I'm getting on abit, but not quite 40, and I live in Glasgow, so I am stunned..

Brilliant though
Better alarm system? Less likely to be stolen as its not a 'hot hatch' and so is therefore less desirable? all sorts of factors come into it
Old 25-06-09
AO Member

County: Kent
I only pay 220 on my 2.4SW - which was the same as I was paying on a 1.9cdti Vectra SRi. For some reason insurers seem to like 159's; wonder why?
Old 01-07-09
AO Silver Member

County: Bristol

Member car:

Alfa GT

Diesels do tend to be cheaper to insure than equivalent petrol models from my experience
Old 01-07-09

County: West Lothian
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Withy View Post
......They've quoted me under 200 for the 159... for a year .. its mad, I mean I suppose I'm getting on abit, but not quite 40, and I live in Glasgow, so I am stunned..
Quote:
Originally Posted by fireandskill1 View Post
I have a 2.4 JTDM Ti on order (should be here in a week) and Privilege came up trumps for me too!
I was quoted 212 Fully Comp not bad for a new motor I am also closing in on 40 LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by 159john View Post
I only pay 220 on my 2.4SW.......
Now I'm depressed and confused (and I don't mean the 'dot com' variety, ) .

I'm the wrong side of 50, live in a semi-rural area, never had points on my licence and only one accident (which wasn't my fault and fully settled by the other party's insurance) in over 35 years of driving........and yet! I've had my renewal notice from Equity Red Star (through AROC's broker) for the 159 and it's 410 with a 300 excess, .

I tried Privilege and they've come back with 350 with a 300 excess or 334 with a 500 excess - better but not brilliant compared with you guys, . Best quote so far is from Admiral, 307 with a 250 excess for a stand-alone policy, or 286 with the same excess for a Multicar policy and a further 268 in 10 days time when the 147's cover comes up for renewal (Equity Red star are quoting 288, so not a huge saving there).

I must be doing something wrong, but I don't know what.

For Info & enquiries e-mail
[email protected]

Old 02-07-09
AO Member

County: Kent
Mine's with Liverpool Victoria (LV) - but I did forget to mention the compulsory 400 excess they slapped on me (I'm 45 with full NCB and all points now expired)
Old 02-07-09
AO Silver Member

County: Hertfordshire
I pay 1300 for my mito (120) ...

I am 19...now it may sound alot...but considering my corsa was 1200 and has a 1.2 its actually remarkable.
Old 01-12-09

County: Alaska

Member car:

CAR

HI,

Useful information,When I go looking for replacement car insurance is a quite simple way to save or lower overall expenses. You can get a simple estimate at websites they most often give you competing prices.

Thank you..
Old 26-01-10
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 159john View Post
Mine's with Liverpool Victoria (LV) - but I did forget to mention the compulsory 400 excess they slapped on me (I'm 45 with full NCB and all points now expired)
Aged 42, 3 points (4 years ago), same car in NI - 440
Old 28-01-10
AO Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeoraider View Post
Now I'm depressed and confused (and I don't mean the 'dot com' variety, ) .

I'm the wrong side of 50, live in a semi-rural area, never had points on my licence and only one accident (which wasn't my fault and fully settled by the other party's insurance) in over 35 years of driving........and yet! I've had my renewal notice from Equity Red Star (through AROC's broker) for the 159 and it's 410 with a 300 excess, .

I tried Privilege and they've come back with 350 with a 300 excess or 334 with a 500 excess - better but not brilliant compared with you guys, . Best quote so far is from Admiral, 307 with a 250 excess for a stand-alone policy, or 286 with the same excess for a Multicar policy and a further 268 in 10 days time when the 147's cover comes up for renewal (Equity Red star are quoting 288, so not a huge saving there).

I must be doing something wrong, but I don't know what.
It's the twin-turbo and nitrox injection system that does it..

Ralf S.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Vendors > Insurance Section > Adrian Flux Insurance

Tags
159 , cheap , insurance