Thought Adrian Flux deserve the praise! - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Adrian Flux Insurance Looking for advice on insuring your Alfa Romeo?
Click here for an online quotation

(Post Link) post #1 of 13 Old 21-02-09 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

County: Cornwall
Thought Adrian Flux deserve the praise!

Alright guys, evening - I'm hoping not to post yet another thread with how much insurance costs, but in this case thought Adrian Flux deserve a definite pat on the back!

I'm 22, with 6 points for an IN10, a accident in 2006 and 2 years no claims.

My renewal was over 700 TPFT, a gocompare search brought up a decent 568 quote with a non-descript company and none of the modifications declared.

Called Adrian Flux, and ten minutes later had the car, all the modifications, legal cover etc with a 400 excess for 564!

Still with like for like on the bits and pieces, and breakdown cover for 45 - bye AA!

Thanks a lot guys, much appreciated and another happy customer for yet another year.

"molto costoso ed emozionante"

If the haynes museum find any nuts attached to a fence, Hammy'd like em back..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Traders

County: Norfolk

Member car:

Alfa

Re: Thought Adrian Flux deserve the praise!

Thanks for your praise.

Dan.
(Post Link) post #3 of 13 Old 23-02-09 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

County: Cornwall

no worries Dan, Forgot to mention that's on the old 3.0 V6 GTV too, thought it was rather good. Can I take out the breakdown cover after organising the insurance?
jay w

i tried them a few weeks ago when my renewal was due on the spider....total nightmare to get through, tried the web site and was told someone would contact me....nothing at all....

Shame as i have dealt with AF in the past and they have been really competitive and offered an overall good package...maybe next year

AO Traders

Member car:

Alfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by kernowmcrae View Post
no worries Dan, Forgot to mention that's on the old 3.0 V6 GTV too, thought it was rather good. Can I take out the breakdown cover after organising the insurance?
Hi ya

The breakdown cover can be taken out within 14 days of the inception date of the policy. If you would like to discuss this or arrange this, if you would like to pm me you full name, reference number and contact telephone number and i will arrange for a member of the customer service team to call you back.

Regards
Dan
AO Traders

Member car:

Alfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay w View Post
i tried them a few weeks ago when my renewal was due on the spider....total nightmare to get through, tried the web site and was told someone would contact me....nothing at all....

Shame as i have dealt with AF in the past and they have been really competitive and offered an overall good package...maybe next year
Evening

Really sorry you have had problems and were not able to get through to us, if not too late can arrange a call back for you, just pm me your full name and contact telephone number and i will arrange a call back. If not pm me nearer the time next year for a call back.

Cheers

Dan
jay w

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Clark View Post
Evening

Really sorry you have had problems and were not able to get through to us, if not too late can arrange a call back for you, just pm me your full name and contact telephone number and i will arrange a call back. If not pm me nearer the time next year for a call back.

Cheers

Dan
Dan,

Thanks for the reply, no need to apologise

I had to find insurance quickish as for a week the spider was my daily driver, but i will drop you a PM come renewal time.

Cheers for the offer of the call back

AO Member

They were equally good with mine. My first car on my own insurance, 3 points and they were 1k cheaper than anyone else
AO Traders

Member car:

Alfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay w View Post
Dan,

Thanks for the reply, no need to apologise

I had to find insurance quickish as for a week the spider was my daily driver, but i will drop you a PM come renewal time.

Cheers for the offer of the call back
Hello

No problems at all, look forward to hearing from you nearer the time.

Dan
AO Silver Member

County: Herefordshire

I have used AF for many years, although this almost came to an end when my last renewal was up for my GTA and the wifes BMW.

The "automatic" renewal came through significantly higher than the previous year, and the letter said that they had searched the market for me (as any broker should do) to get the best price and cover.

A quick 10 minutes on moneysupermarket by me, brought up at least 20 quotes significantly cheaper for both cars (by cheaper I mean over 300 per car). Back to AF and they lowered the premium to beat the lowest I found - which was great.

My gripe was that being a broker, their job is surely to search the market for us and give us the most competitive quote they can find - not the most expensive?????

So just watch them come renewal time!!!

Silver 156 GTA SW, Q2, Koni FSD's, Eibach springs and anti-roll bars, CDA induction, re-map, Wizard/Pud exhaust - fantastic!
AO Member

I like AF.
Whilst I was a initially bit disappointed with my renewal quote, I took them up on their enclosed offer to try and match any like for like quote if I could find cheaper. Quick call to them and hey presto - 300 fully comp for the Gtv. Flashed the credit card, all the docs were emailed to me the same day, job done.
Excellent service.
AO Traders

Member car:

Alfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfabeat View Post
I have used AF for many years, although this almost came to an end when my last renewal was up for my GTA and the wifes BMW.

The "automatic" renewal came through significantly higher than the previous year, and the letter said that they had searched the market for me (as any broker should do) to get the best price and cover.

A quick 10 minutes on moneysupermarket by me, brought up at least 20 quotes significantly cheaper for both cars (by cheaper I mean over 300 per car). Back to AF and they lowered the premium to beat the lowest I found - which was great.

My gripe was that being a broker, their job is surely to search the market for us and give us the most competitive quote they can find - not the most expensive?????

So just watch them come renewal time!!!
Afternoon

As a intermedary, we do offer the best price that we have available at the time of quotation, however if you do contact us to confirm you have had a better rate, then we can contact the insurer themselves to see if they able to drop the rate and compete.
Obviously as a valued customer we would try our best with the insurers if a rate is beaten elsewhere to retain custom. But if the rate is lowered it is subject to the insurers agreement to do so.

Regards

Dan
AO Traders

Member car:

Alfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by injunfighter View Post
I like AF.
Whilst I was a initially bit disappointed with my renewal quote, I took them up on their enclosed offer to try and match any like for like quote if I could find cheaper. Quick call to them and hey presto - 300 fully comp for the Gtv. Flashed the credit card, all the docs were emailed to me the same day, job done.
Excellent service.
Hi

Thanks for your comments and great feedback

Cheers

Dan

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Vendors > Insurance Section > Adrian Flux Insurance

Tags
adrian , deserve , flux , praise , thought

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page