Adrian Flux - Boo - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Adrian Flux Insurance Looking for advice on insuring your Alfa Romeo?
Click here for an online quotation

(Post Link) post #1 of 7 Old 12-02-09 Thread Starter
m0t
AO Member

County: Kent

Member car:

GTV Lusso 3.0

Adrian Flux - Boo

Just did an online quote and was given a price of £579, phoned them up and it had jumped to £1500.

Apparently the person who emailed the quote to me hadn't put my occupation in properly (I am unemployed as although I have been accepted for a job it doesn't start until May).

Also I was told that my car wasn't modified enough to qualify for the modified car scheme although it has a non standard spoiler, non standard wheels and alfa sportpack (done several years after it left the factory).

To say I was dissapointed is an understatement.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Member

Member car:

Alfa Spider

Re: Adrian Flux - Boo

The rule is mOt! don't mod your car, although at least you are honest and covered most don't own up to mods and as a result are not covered!

kARMA.

PS: Spend an afternoon and go to motleyfool.co.uk there is a good article there from a guy who used to work in the industry and he tells you facts such as another named driver on your policy reduces your premium.
(Post Link) post #3 of 7 Old 12-02-09 Thread Starter
m0t
AO Member

Member car:

GTV Lusso 3.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmaAlfa View Post
The rule is mOt! don't mod your car, although at least you are honest and covered most don't own up to mods and as a result are not covered!
The woman said it wasn't modified enough for their modified car schemes but too modified for their normal stuff.

Apparently I fell into a hole. I wonder what I need to add to modify it enough to qualify?
AO Traders

County: Norfolk

Member car:

Alfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by m0t View Post
Just did an online quote and was given a price of £579, phoned them up and it had jumped to £1500.

Apparently the person who emailed the quote to me hadn't put my occupation in properly (I am unemployed as although I have been accepted for a job it doesn't start until May).

Also I was told that my car wasn't modified enough to qualify for the modified car scheme although it has a non standard spoiler, non standard wheels and alfa sportpack (done several years after it left the factory).

To say I was dissapointed is an understatement.
Hello

Sorry to hear that you feel dissapointed with the quote. I can certainly get someone to re look into this for you and give you a call back if you would like to discuss this further.

Regards

Dan
(Post Link) post #5 of 7 Old 13-02-09 Thread Starter
m0t
AO Member

Member car:

GTV Lusso 3.0

I'm more dissapointed because in october you gave me a renewal quote of £970 based on the same information.

I think I'll just have to wait until I find some work before I try and buy insurance.
AO Traders

County: Norfolk

Member car:

Alfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by m0t View Post
I'm more dissapointed because in october you gave me a renewal quote of £970 based on the same information.

I think I'll just have to wait until I find some work before I try and buy insurance.
Hi

Yes can understand your dissapointment, if you would like to discuss further though to see why a difference i can certainly arrange a call back for you now or when you ready to insure.

You can pm me your details anytime.

Cheers

Dan
(Post Link) post #7 of 7 Old 13-02-09 Thread Starter
m0t
AO Member

Member car:

GTV Lusso 3.0

The woman on the phone was quite clear in that the occupation gave the biggest addition (and the inititial quote had gone through with the wrong occupation) as well as being unable to be put on a modified car scheme.

She already consulted with her manager, so it doesn't look like there is a lot to be done except wait. The only thing I was confused about was the modified car bit, as I am sure that last year I was on one of those policies.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Vendors > Insurance Section > Adrian Flux Insurance

Tags
adrian , boo , flux

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page