What in the.... - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Adrian Flux Insurance Looking for advice on insuring your Alfa Romeo?
Click here for an online quotation

nivens

What in the....

Just got my renewal through from Morethan. Paid £730 last year, this year they quote £720 and claim they are giving me 2 months free worth about £120! Another year older, another years no claims and thats it. Trouble is, I've gone a searching and every other company on the planet is trying to charge me £1k+

Anyone else had the same problem this year?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Silver Member

County: Glasgow
Re: What in the....

Luckily my insurance company are being very reasonable this year. however last year I found I could get some competitive quotes but this year the other companies are asking silly money.

My friend who drives a Mini is in a similar situation as his premium has jumped from £300(ish) to £620! For no other reason than its a tuesday.
AO Gold Member

County: South Lanarkshire

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHare View Post
Just got my renewal through from Morethan. Paid £730 last year, this year they quote £720 and claim they are giving me 2 months free worth about £120! Another year older, another years no claims and thats it. Trouble is, I've gone a searching and every other company on the planet is trying to charge me £1k+

Anyone else had the same problem this year?
Yep something strange going on.

Just watched the Norwich Union/ Aviva advert this mornin....Furget go compare Furget Confusious dot ...NU will tell you their competitors prices even if cheaper....proof of the pudding etc....will need some testin. check add before phnoning

Deof something very weird goin on.

Pomeo
AO Platinum Member

Member car:

147 GTA

God knows what mine will be, was £900 last year and have now got 3 points, plus braided brake hoses and uprated pads so I bet its a grand plus!
AO Gold Member

County: Berkshire

Member car:

Shiny red 159Ti

Elephant did this to me this year too

I gave them a call, and very nicely asked them why? Without much persuading they gave me quite a discount, because I've been with them a while.

Might be worth giving them a call?
AO Silver Member

County: Glasgow

Yes I've been quoted £485.12 for my renewal. everybody is more expensive but I still want to phone them and ask them to make it cheap. Just can't think of a resoan why they would!
AO Gold Member

County: South Lanarkshire

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamalasagne View Post
Elephant did this to me this year too

I gave them a call, and very nicely asked them why? Without much persuading they gave me quite a discount, because I've been with them a while.

Might be worth giving them a call?
leave and rejoin as a brand new customer only mama?

or bribe of a large lasagne?
Last year I got a quote for my boy who has just run a red light .plonker.and gotta figure...the renewal came in mega difference I mean mega...Told them the only reason I had accepeted was the verbal quotation....they said they had to listen to the tape...they did and I got it for the verbal quote.

just waitin on this years mail drop

Pomeo

But figs so far look pathetic.
nivens

I finally got a quote from swiftcover at a very reasonable £550, but I really honestly feel like I've tried every bloody company out there now. Only problem being I've heard numerous horror stories about their claims procedure and poor customer service. Will be giving morethan a call in the morning and see if they want to compete

AO Platinum Member

Member car:

147 GTA

I want to stay with Privilege cus they answer the phone quickly, your not on hold for ages and they speak English in England
156zoo

swift are ok, they are part of AXA,

AO Platinum Member

County: Essex

I'm with Direct Line who have been very reasonable.
EddieGTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTA Jim View Post
God knows what mine will be, was £900 last year and have now got 3 points, plus braided brake hoses and uprated pads so I bet its a grand plus!
I wouldn't have thought you need to mention the pads and hoses as they aren't really a performance upgrade.

3 points should make no difference, though you should phone your insurance company and tell them now rather than wait for renewal. When I had 3 points they just made a note of it, and there was no change. I think it is 6+ they start to get a bit twitchy and depending on what they are for, mine was going through a red light in front of a cop car

AO Member

County: Scottish Borders

Another note is the monumental excesses. £370 compulsory from Allianz. Dear sir, you may go and get knotted.

Lowest i could get was £250 compulsory. Would dearly love my old excess from the Mondeo - 100, and if i'd paid an extra 75 absolutely NIL.

What the h*ll is the point of cover with a 370 excess? My postcode is very low risk too (TD11) so I am really confused. £510 wasn't too bad though as there is one driver under 30 on it.
paintergirl

I went through Chris Knott this year and paid £200 for the Spider fully comp and two of us driving. If you are a member of AROC you get 10% discount and they guarantee to beat you best quote like for like.

CJO
AO Silver Member

County: Bedfordshire

Just got my renewal notice from Chris Knott - for a 1.9 JTDm with 8 years NCB - £311
AO Gold Member

County: Suffolk

Member car:

Mazda 6 zugara

£366 last year with e car, and went for a quote with more than and got £344.
Thats me as named driver in my own car fully comp 3 points and 1 at fault accident....

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Vendors > Insurance Section > Adrian Flux Insurance

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page