Insurance claim woe's - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Adrian Flux Insurance Looking for advice on insuring your Alfa Romeo?
Click here for an online quotation

(Post Link) post #1 of 8 Old 16-07-08 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

alfa 147

Insurance claim woe's

Hi all, unfortunately my wife was involved in an accident where she was driving along an A road and a guy pulled out without looking from a B road.

We are fully comp and details were exchanged, our insurance provided a hire car and we were told not to worry as his insurance would cover this cost. Now it transpires that no admission of liability has been forthcoming from 3rd party and we are liable to hire car cost; excess for repairing our car. (500) and further hire car costs.

OMG where do we stand, can anyone offer any advice???

Last edited by kanerz; 16-07-08 at 15:39.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Member

County: -

Member car:

Brera S

Re: Inuance claim woe's

if you have legal cover on your policy they will claim these costs from the other guys insurers
(Post Link) post #3 of 8 Old 16-07-08 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

alfa 147

I do mate, however I am with direct line and he is churchill which are the same do you know if this will take an age to sort out?
AO Platinum Member

County: Surrey

If worse comes to worse you'll have to end up in court to claim it back ... if you've got legal cover things, however, should be easy for you ... if not you'll have to do all the leg work yourselves I'm afraid ...

... so what story has the other guy told his insurance company?
AO Silver Member

Re: Insurance claim woe's

Something similar happened to me. Admission of liability at the scene was retracted when they spoke to their insurance and they tried to claim against me!

I hope you don't have to deal with this but it took me about 9 months of letters, emails and phone calls to claim back my expenses and this was with motor legal protection supposedly on my side!

If I have one suggestion it is *keep badgering* as often and as hard as you can. If you do not do it they will not look at your case as in their eyes it is a small claim and at the bottom of the pile. The other insurer will hope you will just drop it if they keep asking for more and more info after a month or 2 delay since they last bothered to actually reply to your request.

I ended up sending them photos of the accident scene and very detailed diagrams of what happened - that seemed to be the final thing that made them realise I was not going to drop it and there was no way what they were saying would stand up in court so I got me money in the end.

Of course I still pay more on my insurance now - they get you any which way... grrr
(Post Link) post #6 of 8 Old 16-07-08 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

alfa 147

I really don't know 156, I'm assuming he has just 3rd party; our insurers are telling us that he has not completed his claim and not returned their calls, I do however question their urgency to chase him up, they even told me "don't worry he's probably just on holiday".

We are hemorrhaging cash for this and cannot afford to be messed around. It really should have been an open and shut case and our insurers as good as told us that.
(Post Link) post #7 of 8 Old 16-07-08 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

alfa 147

Comms, have been disastrous the only reason we found out about this was through the hire-car company requesting payment...
AO Silver Member

County: Kent

Kanerz - Tell the hire company to forward all bills to your insurance company and that they will settle the bills. And then claim from the third party insurers.

To me it's an open and shut case. Even if the 3rd party retracted the admission of fault after the accident that doesn't matter.
He said it, and that's that. It's legally binding! (even though your policy says to NEVER admit fault [read the small print it's there]).

With regard to your excess, you should also not have to pay that either due to the admission of fault. And your insurers should be aware of that, as again that will be claimed from the 3rd Party insurers.

Basically, if your insurance company are not performing threaten to ring the ABI (Association of British Insurers) actually ring them anyway! They soon pull their finger out as the ABI issue fairly hefty fines if insurers don't tow the line, and reputations are damaged quite badly if the ABI are on your case.

Hope everything works out.

If you have any problems PM me and I'll do what I can to help as I work in insurance and have had a couple of similar claims myself!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Vendors > Insurance Section > Adrian Flux Insurance

Tags
claim , insurance , woe

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page