Second car? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Adrian Flux Insurance Looking for advice on insuring your Alfa Romeo?
Click here for an online quotation

(Post Link) post #1 of 9 Old 02-06-08 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

Member car:

Ford Fiesta ST 3

Second car?

Hi,

I'm insured through Adrian Flux with Trinity Lane. I'm buying an old VW Polo (1997 1.0!!!) to use a little (when mines in the garage for example) and then to pass on to my daughter when she can get her license later this year.

My question is, is this likely to affect my premiums? It's a far lower group car than the 156, it's only going to be me who drives it (when my daughter takes it over she'll be getting her own insurance).

Andy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Member

Member car:

146 1.8 ts

Re: Second car?

It shouldn't do but it would depend on the insurer and how they feel about a second car. I have two cars insured under Admiral's multicar policy who were incredibly reasonable considering they're both fully comp, parked on the street, naming other drivers, used for everything, etc. They give you a discount the more cars you have with them. I'm also building up a new lot of NCB on the second car too.

If you're only going to use it when the 156 is in the garage you won't be using it too much so you're mileage will be rather low - I'm not sure if that affects policies much.
AO Traders

County: Norfolk

Member car:

Alfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfapersius View Post
Hi,

I'm insured through Adrian Flux with Trinity Lane. I'm buying an old VW Polo (1997 1.0!!!) to use a little (when mines in the garage for example) and then to pass on to my daughter when she can get her license later this year.

My question is, is this likely to affect my premiums? It's a far lower group car than the 156, it's only going to be me who drives it (when my daughter takes it over she'll be getting her own insurance).

Andy
Andy,
We don't do multi car policies so you would be taking a seperate insurance out on the vw polo.
We can do discounts for limited mileage policeis and also the fact that you might have NCB on your normal car will help reduce the premiums etc.
If you would like me to arrange a call back so you can discuss your options please let me have your contact details or call 0800 505 3000 and mention this forum.

Dan.
(Post Link) post #4 of 9 Old 03-06-08 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

Member car:

Ford Fiesta ST 3

Thanks Dan, I'll ring tomorrow afternoon when I'll have time.
(Post Link) post #5 of 9 Old 04-06-08 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

Member car:

Ford Fiesta ST 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Clark View Post
Andy,
We don't do multi car policies so you would be taking a seperate insurance out on the vw polo.
We can do discounts for limited mileage policeis and also the fact that you might have NCB on your normal car will help reduce the premiums etc.
If you would like me to arrange a call back so you can discuss your options please let me have your contact details or call 0800 505 3000 and mention this forum.

Dan.
Really surprised, quote came out at £329 which is more than I paid for the Alfa 156 this year! Seems they don't carry over your NCB, you have to start again.
AO Traders

Member car:

Alfa

NCB is only used on one car at a time.

Dan.
(Post Link) post #7 of 9 Old 04-06-08 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

Member car:

Ford Fiesta ST 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Clark View Post
NCB is only used on one car at a time.

Dan.

Hi Dan,

the advisor explained that, just doesn't seem right that the same driver can get 8 yrs NCB on one car and not on another when it's the same person, same history etc. Not your fault I know but frustrating as hell as a customer.

Andy
AO Traders

Member car:

Alfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfapersius View Post
Hi Dan,

the advisor explained that, just doesn't seem right that the same driver can get 8 yrs NCB on one car and not on another when it's the same person, same history etc. Not your fault I know but frustrating as hell as a customer.

Andy

On your second policy you should start to earn NCB, So you would in effect have 2 lots of NCB it's just the first year obviously it states zero.
Did they say if you got any introductory discount because of your NCB on your other car?

If i could have your surname and postcode maybe i can check to make sure you got everything including your membership discount.

Dan.
AO Silver Member

I just started a multicar with Admiral and hoped they would do a bonus match or something. Of course no hope there but they did give me a 2 years introductory bonus just about making insurance for the Alfa "affordable". More proof that you really have to wangle to get the best deal you can.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Vendors > Insurance Section > Adrian Flux Insurance

Tags
car

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page