Adrian Flux insurance?? - Page 2 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Adrian Flux Insurance Looking for advice on insuring your Alfa Romeo?
Click here for an online quotation

8Likes

AO Silver Member

County: Avon
Quote:
Originally Posted by triumph72 View Post
I have two GTV's and a knackered Citroen C4. All were insured with AF, both GTV renewals were due at the end of Jan, C4 not till August - so I thought a multicar deal would be sensible, asked AF and wasn't that impressed.

Got on to Admiral - I now have the V6 (including mods declared Q2, Alfaholics handling Kit) @ £137.83, the twin spark @ £100.63. When the Citroen gets added in Aug its another £54.
Admiral and all those charlatans under that roof are a bunch of cowboys. I hope you never need to make a claim or are involved in anything. That shower of s**t are good for nothing more than fulfilling the legal obligation to have insurance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Silver Member

County: Herts
Garage

Member car:

Subaru Legacy H6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay19 View Post
See, with insurance itís like putting a bet on at the bookies.
For them itís all based on risk assessment.

As you know thereís numerous different insurance polices. Life, home, travel, car, etc.
Insurance companies will have claims made against them, so for every £1 they take they could payback 98 pence in the pound.
If theyíre unlucky, way over 100% loss of profit.
So some are very reluctant to payout right away, or they like to declare your car a total loss over a little shunt to get rid of you.

Itís all based on experience which are the ones to avoid. Even the big names donít like to payout.
Probably why some insurance companies avoid price comparison sites, and pay for advertisements instead to gather in the safer drivers, not just the ones looking to pay the least for their car insurance..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
And carrying on with the gambling analogy I guess it's easy for the insurance companies to make a worthwhile bet if they know a car's "form", e.g. Micras are almost always going to be driven by pensioners or teens, mid-range Fords, Audis and BMWs by sales reps, etc. But a dark horse like an Alfa or a super-rare Pug is going to be difficult to take a flutter on because it has no form at all; will it be driven by drunken hoons who like playing chicken with trains, or will it be driven by someone who only takes it out on sunny weekends and spends the rest of the time polishing it?

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Vendors > Insurance Section > Adrian Flux Insurance

Tags
adrian , flux , insurance

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page