Insurance, just one big scam after another - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Adrian Flux Insurance Looking for advice on insuring your Alfa Romeo?
Click here for an online quotation

(Post Link) post #1 of 13 Old 28-02-08 Thread Starter
AO Platinum Member

County: West Yorkshire
Not Happy Insurance, just one big scam after another

So,

After the accident I had where I was rear ended just before Christmas the 3rd parties insurance company has admitted liability.

In the meantime my insurance came up for renewal and almost doubled in price as a result of the unsettled claim. I just rang the broker Adrian Flux and have been told that although the 3rd parties insurer has admitted liability they have NOT paid my Underwriter the monies owed for so the claim is as yet still not settled.

This means I'm still out of pocket a big wedge of cash, is there ANYTHING I can do to hurry along proceedings? The lady I spoke to said there's no way to say how long it could go on.

I feel this is very unfair as I (the customer) am being penalised for something that wasn't my fault and have no control over whether it will be settled amicably between the 2 underwriters in any known time frame.

So what it boils down to is, why should we give you money when they haven't coughed up?

So much for customer loyalty.

Sean

Nero Fuoco 147 Lusso - Bianco Nuvola 147 GTA - Carbonio Brera SV - Azzurro Le Mans GT 1600 Junior
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Nev

Re: Insurance, just one big scam after another

Insurance companies are like big, horny dogs:

If they can get away with ****ing you,
they will **** you.

(Post Link) post #3 of 13 Old 28-02-08 Thread Starter
AO Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nev View Post
Insurance companies are like big, horny dogs:

If they can get away with ****ing you,
they will **** you.

Your not wrong there
Global Mod Team

County: Tokyo

Sorry to hear this Sean

It is unfortunately well known that insurance companies make money by not paying out. Still, defeats the whole purpose of having insurance in the first place.
Oggy_GTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostyDog View Post
So,

After the accident I had where I was rear ended just before Christmas the 3rd parties insurance company has admitted liability.

In the meantime my insurance came up for renewal and almost doubled in price as a result of the unsettled claim. I just rang the broker Adrian Flux and have been told that although the 3rd parties insurer has admitted liability they have NOT paid my Underwriter the monies owed for so the claim is as yet still not settled.

This means I'm still out of pocket a big wedge of cash, is there ANYTHING I can do to hurry along proceedings? The lady I spoke to said there's no way to say how long it could go on.

I feel this is very unfair as I (the customer) am being penalised for something that wasn't my fault and have no control over whether it will be settled amicably between the 2 underwriters in any known time frame.

So what it boils down to is, why should we give you money when they haven't coughed up?

Sean

Have you gone elsewhere for a quote?

Take you business elsewhere, even if the quote is the same.

Club Member
Membro Premio

Club Member Number: 25
County: Shropshire

Similar situation with my last car.

Third party refused to report incident to his insurer as he was only covered 3rd party and didn't plan to claim for repairs to his old banger. The claim took 18 months to settle and had to go to solicitors to chase (badly I might add!). In the meantime my renewal came up and I lost 4 years NCB for renewal.
Eventually it all came right and they refunded the difference as they always said they would. However, it took a long time to settle and was a pain in the proverbial.

The biggest point of annoyance for me was the fact that my insurance with Ford Insure was underwritten by Norwich Union and the chap who was responsible for the crash was insured by Norwich Union Direct. That meant that, with both policies essentially being with the same insurer, they wouldn't take each other to court and it had to be passed to the independent cost recovery people (in this case the RAC) and when they failed it finally went to Solicitors.

I might also add that none of them did a particularly good job and communication was really poor at all stages. They were also hamstrung by the behaviour of the 3rd party. It is for this reason that I was attracted to my current policy and the idea of a claims management service (which I hope never to have to test).

60% of the time it works everytime.
AO Member

i was in the middle of a heated row after two drivers decided to try and knock each other out i witnessed the accident in front of me from small distance away and gave a statement to the police but the insurers were not going to settle without my statement as evidence i gave this and it sorted itself out but i felt it for the other driver in the car as it was a heavy plant low loader he hit
basically if i hadnt wittnessed it the insurers woere not going to cover the poor bloke and the accident wasnt his fault
insurers need rripped off by more drivers to teach them all a lesson it's just greed and they get away with it becouse we need insurance by law so they cash in on us drivers
Club Member
Membro Premio

Club Member Number: 25
County: Shropshire

Except that by that logic, i.e by ripping the insurance company off, all that happens is that the premiums go up anyway.

Also, if someone is successful in ripping-off an insurance company then surely the company won't know and therefore won't learn any lesson!

While I agree that insurance is a racket and the outcome often isn't fair, I can't agree with the logic of our last statement. Sorry.
AO Silver Member

Insurers are in a win, win situation because the law says that we have to have it, if claims go up so do premiums, if you dont buy you get nicked, they protect their business by having mutual unwritten agreements about charging ..what we really need is a maverick company who doesnt want 'in ' with the big boys who can properly undercut them with honest pricing to show us all what it really costs to insure a car and still make a reasonable profit.
(Post Link) post #10 of 13 Old 10-03-08 Thread Starter
AO Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wobblyspoon View Post
Insurers are in a win, win situation because the law says that we have to have it, if claims go up so do premiums, if you dont buy you get nicked, they protect their business by having mutual unwritten agreements about charging ..what we really need is a maverick company who doesnt want 'in ' with the big boys who can properly undercut them with honest pricing to show us all what it really costs to insure a car and still make a reasonable profit.
So what your saying is that we need an insurance company that doesn't want to make money like it's going out of fashion?

Never gonna happen

My wife was taken out by an overseas lorry dirver on the M25. Car was total write off. Tesco Insurance were excellent. Didn't collect my excess off me as they said it was clearly not my fault.
When my renewal came through, as it was a no fault claim, they did not penalise me at all and gave me my full no claims plus protection.

Only went with them as they were cheapest at the time but was well impressed with the service.

Have heard cases like yours, you should get all the variance back once the case is cleared. The real bummer is that you cannot shop around for insurance until this is settled.

Good luck, hope it works out in the end.

L

Member car:

156jtd

hi does anyone know if my 156 will b written off. damage to wing plus bumper. its a 156jtd w reg 143000 miles prices on autotrader approx 1600 but- excess milage 0f 40000 means 1100 pounds i guess
AO Traders

County: Norfolk

Member car:

Alfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostyDog View Post
So,

Sean
Hi Sean,

Is the situation still outstanding and would you like me to see if there is anything we can do to help?

Dan.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Vendors > Insurance Section > Adrian Flux Insurance

Tags
big , insurance , scam

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page