Alfa Romeo Forum banner

Diesel Fuel Cooler?

Tags
cooler
3K views 11 replies 3 participants last post by  emre2blue 
#1 ·
Do you use it. They say, keeping the fuel at 80C is good for the engine and, for keeping lubrication by the fuel, Does our 1.9JTDM engines use it?

#2 · (Edited)
Have a look here
http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/tuning-and-upgrades/338687-jtd-diesel-cooler.html
Also you can add lubrication to fuel with additives or 2stroke oil or even biodiesel has good lubricity and can be used at a percentage?
I realise you probably have high ambient temp to start with , so your fuel may be 30-40c before it gets heated by hp pump.
The usual cooler sits under car and cools return fuel to tank(say vw cars)
Search products like millers , rhino, 2 stroke oil as there are a few threads on the go (mostly mpg wise)
http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa-159-brera-and-946-spider/368280-diesel-additives-rhino.html
Also here(spicer )
http://www.dieselplace.com/forum/76.../177728-lubricity-additive-study-results.html
You could do with googling the fuel quality in turkey maybe see what lubricity it already has and also the bio diesel finished top.

#3 ·
Thanks,
We don't have diesel additives in Turkey, I tried to get Rhino from the site, but my custom office said just don't if you want no trouble. In Turkey Fuel is like forbidden food. Anything related to fuel, is on government strict watch. as you may know we have the most expensive fuel in the world, with tax I mean. So there've been so much illegal stuff about fuel, Our Government is paranoid about fuel. :( So I have to get Much MPG as possible, cooling diesel I'm in.

#4 ·
Cooler fuel is more dense , so for same injecton youd be injecting more fuel which will work out at a lower mpg, only seen it done for power.
For the lubricity does you countey have any biodiesel you can add at fuel stations?
Try asking around truck depots im sure hauliers add something.
If no official additives your back to 2 stroke or recently heard of peanut oil added to fuel, you should have no trouble.
I use a 300ml glass sauce bottle and mix myown additive with millers and 2 stroke then tip in tank before i refill.
Turky must have some sort of injector cleaner fluid which usually lubricates as well.
Is there a local internet forum for mpg guys, they will have tested all sorts available to you locally.

#5 ·
I wish we could. I checked and only find Würth Common Rail Addictive 330ml COMMON RAIL MAZOT KATKISI 300ML - Würth Türkiye - Profesyonel Montaj
But in Turkey, we are not good at forums, they tried the product, and said, ohhh! this feels good, but how? and Why? is it good for MPG, does it make your car faster, cleaner, or I say "I don't know please tell me more" than they are reading the instructions to use the product. We have a technical forum for cars & project cars. but its same there, Good Information ın Turkey comes with great price, But I want to try 2 Stroke Oil, is it ok to add&use in our cars? I mean Common Rail Diesel.
Also we don't have mpg guys, we have LPG, LPG = ECOmodding in Turkey. No one uses else, no one thinks else.
Such a great Country but, we have to learn so much. Thank you by the way.

#8 ·
I can't see smoke as I have a dpf, and can't tell the MPG difference as my drving habits changed when I started using the 2-stroke oil. I'm doing it mostly to preserve my injection system in the long run; I have quite a bit of experience with the effects of straight diesel on higher mileage cars, and it's not favourable.

I also change my oil twice as often as prescribed

the best mileage I reached so far was 67 Mpg or 4.2 liter per 100 km, just a few weeks ago...

#9 · (Edited)
I have kept figures on fuelly since I got my stilo jtdm 16v
View attachment 231066
ive coloured the summer yellow and winter blue and mpg follows trend.
also over the years ive gone from
std car
tuning box
decatted exhaust
alloy fmic
hybrid turbo
remap
I don't drive eco minded
these mods don't really show on chart, odd humps are more motorway journeys, really high peak was when I accidently put 5l unleaded in and did a very slow 100mile single trip to burn off and refill
I have used all sorts of additives and 2 stroke over this time and nothing really shows on chart(like no high peaks straight after using).
but I use it also for extra protection of hp pump and injectors , upside is quieter engine(slightly)
if your allowed in your country best thing you can do is probably decat, de dpf, get mapped out will probably save a fair bit of fuel as no more regens.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.