Tags
favorite gear
2K views 33 replies 30 participants last post by  BigFoot 
#1 ·
What's yours?

#3 ·
Depends what car I'm in :)

#13 ·
2nd in my 147GTA with my foot to the floor from time of shift right up to the redline! This is where the change of the intake pipe really makes the engine come alive (I have the Asso carbon-kevlar one) - and no joke, during full on in 2nd she sounds like an exotic supercar...

G
#17 ·
I had to say 2nd cause theres a stretch of dual carriageway at the top of my estate which is the last bit of main road before i get home cars always nicely warmed up and every night i give it a full blast in 2nd to bear on the red line and then into 3rd rarely do i go anywhere that i can redline 3rd comfortably!!

#18 ·
About 50mph in 4th, foot to the floor and leave any chasers for dead....:D

#21 ·
3rd,

Let's her pick up very well from about 20 mph all the way up to 70.....
Just hearing the engine rev from a low dark noise to a high pitch at 6.000 rpm......(shiver)

#23 ·
5 for driving 3 for overtaking :)

#24 ·
4th. Must be a diesel thing.

tumpty tum..... impatient glance at speedo, yup, still 50.....tappity-tappity fingers on the steering wheel.... wait for the gap, wait, wait, wait.....

BANG!

Glance in rear view mirror with satisfied grin, slip up to 5th, watch horizon blurring.....

It's why, despite test driving countless alternatives, I still have mia bella after nearly 4 years and 78,000 miles.

#26 ·
I like really twisty uphills in the 164, with the auto shifter jammed in 2nd & the throttle mashed to the floor :cool: Might not be the quickest or most fuel efficent way of travelling, but it's a beautiful noise :D Only drawback is after about 20 minutes, the grin on my face starts to hurt...;)

The 33 howls best in 3rd on country roads :cool:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.