Alfa Romeo Forum - View Single Post - 147 GTA Progress thread
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
View Single Post
Chris155

So here's the repaired headlight washer;

And the new lights fitted;

Repaired air box;

We then went off looking at why the windscreen and rear wash wipe don't work very well. The front washer jets were just clogged with dirt, a blast with the air line has sorted them out. We also investigated the wiper mechanism;

Not a bad repair but the one my dad had repaired previously is a stronger job;

Bulk head was pretty grubby so I cleaned that up;

And what the hell is this heracey?!!!!

(It's an unused connection on mine but is, on some cars, connected to some sort of sensor related to the climate control and auto demist.)

We found the problem with the rear wash wipe when we opened the boot and found the bootlid was fu of water. The washer housing was cracked so that's been replaced with the new motor mechanism as the bit that was cracked was integral.

I then went to check that the engine would still start after all the playing we'd been doing. I did but with the MCSF warning. Hooked it up to fECUs and that showed a fault with the throttle pedal potentiometer. It will only read up to 25% of its travel. Interestingly it won't rev at all if you have your foot on the brakes. I would presume this is an inbuilt precaution just in case a fault causes it to say its 100% open.

I can tell you that removing one is a hatefull stand on your head job.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome