Ive figured out the problem with th 4c! - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
 2Likes
  • 2 Post By Giulietta 64

(Post Link) post #1 of 5 Old 08-06-16 Thread Starter
gpr
AO Member

Ive figured out the problem with th 4c!

Ok-im ready and willing to take abuse/constructive criticism/opinions etc-I t would be nice to hear your comments!
I nearly bought one 6 months ago-but did not. I might still get one, but at he time something did not feel quite right, so I did not get one.
Looking at the car-in real life-not staring at a brochure- the back end and 3/4 view is absolutely stunningly perfect in every way.
The problem-in my view-is from the top of the windscreen and foreword from there.
I know it would affect handling/dynamics etc, but I really do feel that if the 4c was 600mm longer from the top of the windscreen and foreword, it would look twice the car it is!
Look at a side view, and put a longer bonnet on it, more rake on the windscreen and a longer wheelbase, and I think it would be perfect! 6C MAYBEE???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Member

County: Cheshire

Member car:

alfa g

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpr View Post
Ok-im ready and willing to take abuse/constructive criticism/opinions etc-I t would be nice to hear your comments!
I nearly bought one 6 months ago-but did not. I might still get one, but at he time something did not feel quite right, so I did not get one.
Looking at the car-in real life-not staring at a brochure- the back end and 3/4 view is absolutely stunningly perfect in every way.
The problem-in my view-is from the top of the windscreen and foreword from there.
I know it would affect handling/dynamics etc, but I really do feel that if the 4c was 600mm longer from the top of the windscreen and foreword, it would look twice the car it is!
Look at a side view, and put a longer bonnet on it, more rake on the windscreen and a longer wheelbase, and I think it would be perfect! 6C MAYBEE???
It's Subjective.

I don't like the headlight but it would stop me getting one. Cost, my size, practicality and the stereo head unit stops me buying it. There's no perfect car it all about compromise.

very slight aesthetics doesn't sound like a deal breaker. Drive it, if it make's you feel good, buy it.
AO Silver Member

County: Aberdeenshire
600mm?? That is a lot. And what would be the point? There is nothing under the front bonnet.
AO Member

County: -
Quote:
Originally Posted by ransoman View Post
600mm?? That is a lot. And what would be the point? There is nothing under the front bonnet.
I once said if the bonnet was a 300 mm longer, it would be the perfect design. After years going to autoshows and dealers I made up my mind.
Now that I have one and can see it every day, I'm so used to it, it really is a great looking car.
gpr and Papa Gallo like this.
(Post Link) post #5 of 5 Old 13-06-16 Thread Starter
gpr
AO Member

Perhaps 600mm was a tad much!-but it does need a bit of a stretch from the top of the windscreen foreword.-I know there's nothing but fresh air in there so another extra bit of fresh air wont harm!!!
Giulietta64-thanks-I agree, and it wont stop me getting one-my massive house project is stopping me getting one at the moment! hopefully a different story in a few months!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > 4C & 4C Spider

Tags
figured , problem

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page