Customer Service from the Dark Ages - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By nigethecat

(Post Link) post #1 of 15 Old 16-10-15 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Aberdeenshire
Garage
Thumbs Down Customer Service from the Dark Ages

Seems like all I ever do is moan about poor service from Alfa but it's really starting to grate...

RS (and he knows who is), the supposed "Customer Service" (and I use the term in its loosest sense) Manager for the UK, seems to think it funny to deliberately delay returning my car knowing that this will hamper a sale that I have progressing.

It suddenly takes 11 days to get two wheels refurbished... (it was three days when they collected the car!) I had four done on my GT and it took TWO DAYS... and he STILL won't even give me a date when I will have the car back... appalling... he's more concerned with disappearing for days on end, not even getting back to HIS staff who have been trying to progress matters, and then he takes a "Holier than thou" attitude regarding getting the car back.

It since transpires that having phoned the other parties involved ALL the mis-information is coming from RS at Alfa...

In line with my other thread this is DEFINITELY the last Alfa I buy as the Customer support is non-existent and Senor Management sit there with their fingers up their (----) thinking about how they will con us out of our hard earned cash with promises and promises but fail to deliver on any... I mean 10 YEARS to open a dealership in Aberdeen... come on !

The cars may have improved since the 80's & 90's but the underlying problem remains.... Alfa don't give a damn about their customers...

Damien, and I know you will read this, this is just a p**s take, and you can keep the option on the Giuila that you keep wanting me to take, I'll buy my next cars from a company that keeps to it's word and doesn't try to p**s off loyal customers... maybe you won't miss my cash in the grand scheme of things but enough people read these forums and know what they are taking on maybe it just might start to hurt in a very competitive market... so why not grow a pair and respond to everyone here ?
Lambrate FS likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Member

County: Milano
Four totally ******ed G wheels done in two days, does it take them a week to lift the car?

County: Kent
Hi Nigethecat,

Is it your local dealer who is causing the issue or is it Alfa UK?

Cheers Pete
AO Member

County: Central Greece

Member car:

Mito

I wouldn't go to the dealer to refurbish the wheels. I dont think they do it themselves.
They are going to send them to someone else...
(Post Link) post #5 of 15 Old 22-10-15 Thread Starter
AO Member

Garage
Was Alfa themselves that managed to make a dogs dinner of the whole process.

Wrong information, Mis-information, and damn lies... Pretty much sums it up. Alfa were telling me that "the company the dealer sent the wheels to was busy" hence the delay. Turns out the Alfa had told them not to use a local company but send the wheels from Teesside to Milton Keynes to get done, dealer took three days to take the wheels off hence company doing them only got them at the end of the week, only took them two days to get them done but then they had to be sent back.

By this point I'd absolutely had enough of simply trying to find out where my car and wheels were and when, if ever, I was going to get them back! Had a buyer lined up for the car but couldn't even tell him when he could collect (sorry Chris) so ended up just selling the car to the dealer to get shot.

Alfa ended up making up the difference between what the dealer offered and what I was going to sell the car for rather than face a long legal battle for negligence. I guess with Fiat having to pay back 20 million they had enough court battles on!

Long and short of it is that that car has been sold (at a huge loss to me) and Alfa have lost another loyal customer who won't be buying another car (of any type) from them, I'm even thinking of selling the GT as they have pi..ed me off so much... and I love the GT...

You have been warned....
AO Member

Did your car end up at Alexanders in Thornaby (Teeside) ?
(Post Link) post #7 of 15 Old 04-11-15 Thread Starter
AO Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lambrate FS View Post
Did your car end up at Alexanders in Thornaby (Teeside) ?
Yes, although they have re-sprayed the wheels in black, (or replaced them?) One has to ask why? as I thought it looked great with the standard 18/19" wheels! They also have it listed for 2k more than they told me it would be listed for... again dealers not telling the truth and trying to rip off Alfa owners... and to think someone could have had the car and saved 5k ! ... certainly enough to get the wheels re-painted in pink if they wanted !!!
(Post Link) post #8 of 15 Old 04-11-15 Thread Starter
AO Member

Garage
Well at least I can now sell the Brian James trailer I bought just for taking it to and from my "local" dealer.... see classifieds
AO Member

I've bought all but one of my Alfa's from them and that's where my 4C is sat right now, always found them to be reasonable to be fair. I spoke to them the other day and they mentioned the car and that they'd had the wheels re coated.
AO Silver Member

County: -
Quote:
Originally Posted by nigethecat View Post
Well at least I can now sell the Brian James trailer I bought just for taking it to and from my "local" dealer.... see classifieds
Every cloud eh? I agree with you re the wheels -looked great in silver.
(Post Link) post #11 of 15 Old 10-11-15 Thread Starter
AO Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lambrate FS View Post
I've bought all but one of my Alfa's from them and that's where my 4C is sat right now, always found them to be reasonable to be fair. I spoke to them the other day and they mentioned the car and that they'd had the wheels re coated.
That's the advantage you have with a local dealer, ie one that knows you and knows the car, and also factors in that as you are local you will be back to buy another car... doesn't work like that when your nearest dealer is 150 miles away..
Exactly the same distance and time as you having to go to Leicester to get your car serviced or looked at...

Damien has been promising for the last ten years to get Alfa back into Aberdeen... good job I didn't hold my breath !
AO Member

150 miles that's ridiculous, understand why you bought the trailer. If Aberdeen already has a Fiat dealership, then logic would say tag an Alfa franchise on at very little risk.
(Post Link) post #13 of 15 Old 12-11-15 Thread Starter
AO Member

Garage
Ahhh... logic and Alfa... never normally mentioned in the same sentence !
AO Silver Member

County: Surrey

Member car:

GTV, RCZ, KTM

you didnt drive it home?
(Post Link) post #15 of 15 Old 11-12-15 Thread Starter
AO Member

Garage
Drove it home when I first collected it but it was ordered from Perth (great staff and great service) but this dealership had closed 1 month before the car was delivered so had to take the train to Edinburgh and collect from there (appalling service).

Won't order another car from Alfa until they a) improve customer service & b) open a dealership in Aberdeen... Shame as the Spider looks great and I'm in the market for a GT replacement so the Giulia QV would have been ideal... Ce la vie... Jag XE it is...

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > 4C & 4C Spider

Tags
ages , customer , dark , service

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page