Last Alfa I ever buy - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
 5Likes
  • 5 Post By nigethecat

(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 22-09-15 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Aberdeenshire
Garage
Angry Last Alfa I ever buy

Not sure how to start the thread other than to say I'm extremely "upset" with Alfa Head Office.

They (or Western Edinburgh) damaged the wheels on my 4C during the Pit Stop Programme and when asked to repair the damage they claim that it was done before the car got to them. Strangely Western said the wheel was damaged on the appraisal when they wanted to buy the car but then claimed there was no damage when they were shown the original form and asked to fix it...

When, however, they were asked to provide a copy of the vehicle form noting this they have refused and just said "that's all they can do"... well top customer service once again, I can prove the wheels were undamaged as I have the original of the form but they just try to make things as difficult as possible and "deny everything".

Shows what service you get when spending 50k plus on a car... absolutely none.... not only that they failed to fit the wheel arch liner back correctly and also deny this !!! funny since they were the only ones to take this off !

What ever happens I'm left with a 300 miles round trip to the nearest Alfa dealer (at my cost) to put right something that they have messed up...

Cancelling my order for a Spider and won't bother with them again.... so if anyone wants a 4C going cheap drop me a PM... also 3.2 V6 GT going up for sale...

Currently waiting on Damien to pick up his phone but their switchboard just seems to leave everything on hold...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Rear Offside.JPG (42.1 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg Front Nearside.JPG (33.7 KB, 24 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Member

County: Fife
Garage
This, sadly, has always been the problem with Alfa in the UK. Too few dealers means no possibility to take your Alfa business elsewhere, so no incentive for them to even try. Even then this seems particularly shoddy behaviour. I briefly flirted with the idea of buying a Spider, but the lack of service support puts me off. Stories like yours don't exactly inspire confidence either. It will be interesting to see what happens when the Giulia comes out. Sales in Scotland will be seriously hampered by the lack of dealers.
(Post Link) post #3 of 3 Old 22-09-15 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Aberdeenshire
Garage
Update - spoken with DD (who does read these forums ), hopefully matter is resolved by way of a refurb on the wheels and the wheel arch liner being dealt with at the same time... shame that it has to come to dealing with things this way rather than the dealers doing their jobs and resolving customer issues... so come on Alfa, you have a great following but a few shady dealers are getting in the way of an upgrade to your reputation...

Lets have some positive news about new models and new dealerships soon.... (but none with "emissions defeat" software in)

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > 4C & 4C Spider

Tags
alfa , buy

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page