4c prices - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By AnthonyJohn

(Post Link) post #1 of 8 Old 02-07-15 Thread Starter
gpr
AO Member

4c prices

Is the bubble going to burst soon?
Have been really thinking about getting one-BUT-the registered ones for sale, are the same ones for sale every month-they don't seem to be moving.
Spoke to a few dealers, and the 2 I spoke to both have cancelled orders and both offered to me the cars at sub 50k-this may very well be the original order person loosing their deposit (dealer profit), so it might be a bit misleading.
Im not a multi millionaire, and as much as I love the 4c, im not willing to take a big hit in depreciation over the next 3 years or so.-we all know they are going to drop in value!
I know with a crystal ball we would all be wealthy- but where do you see/think this going?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Member

County: Essex
With limited numbers being built they will stay strong. The Spider will take some sales going forward. It's the net effect of the likes of Autoexpress and others not liking the car and comparing to the Gayman. In my view they will drop around 20% from their price now so £40-45k in around two years time. Enjoy the wait
AO Member

County: Stockholm
Garage
I would agree that the 4C is much more likely to maintain a fairly stable price as its not being manufactured in massive numbers and there is a decent enough demand for them. They will, like pretty much any new car, depreciate of course! But so would any other car. However I think they will keep their prices a lot better than say a Cayman or your standard Giulietta or MiTo etc.
AO Member

County: Berkshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vengeance View Post
I would agree that the 4C is much more likely to maintain a fairly stable price as its not being manufactured in massive numbers and there is a decent enough demand for them. They will, like pretty much any new car, depreciate of course! But so would any other car. However I think they will keep their prices a lot better than say a Cayman or your standard Giulietta or MiTo etc.
I estimate that you'll pay 60% of the list price for a 3 yr old car with 18k on the clock. Seems that where most low volume Italian cars Ferrari/Maserati end up.
AO Silver Member

County: Dorset
I am fortunate enough to have an LE which is now a year old and it seems the prices have remained quite stable in this time. Once there were 14 on Pistonheads but now there are fewer so I guess they either sold or were withdrawn from sale. I'm very happy with mine and for me it will be a 'keeper'. I guess that over the next few years there is bound to be a drop-off in pricing but I think it will still remain strong.
cue2 likes this.
AO Member

County: Greater London

Member car:

159 Q4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael_360_Mod View Post
I estimate that you'll pay 60% of the list price for a 3 yr old car with 18k on the clock. Seems that where most low volume Italian cars Ferrari/Maserati end up.
I'd look to the Elise to give you an idea of residuals
AO Member

County: Essex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter RM View Post
I'd look to the Elise to give you an idea of residuals
I would agree with this too. If they decide to only build 3,500 coupes in total then this may keep the prices very firm. All to do the American obsession with safety and certain airbags. Spider's will be exempt!
AO Member

County: Northamptonshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpr View Post
Is the bubble going to burst soon?
Have been really thinking about getting one-BUT-the registered ones for sale, are the same ones for sale every month-they don't seem to be moving.
Spoke to a few dealers, and the 2 I spoke to both have cancelled orders and both offered to me the cars at sub 50k-this may very well be the original order person loosing their deposit (dealer profit), so it might be a bit misleading.
Im not a multi millionaire, and as much as I love the 4c, im not willing to take a big hit in depreciation over the next 3 years or so.-we all know they are going to drop in value!
I know with a crystal ball we would all be wealthy- but where do you see/think this going?
if they are cancelled orders (like mine, was originally going to be December '14, then December '15, then turned up out of the blue last week) they will have been at last year's price, 45k + extras so dealers are still trying it on. Many of the ones on Autotrader at a premium have been there for months

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > 4C & 4C Spider

Tags
prices

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page