Racing Pack or no Racing Pack - That is the Question - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

(Post Link) post #1 of 8 Old 22-03-15 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: New South Wales
Racing Pack or no Racing Pack - That is the Question

Hi,
I've just ordered a 4C Spider but can't decide whether to specify the racing pack. So much contradictory info out there. Anyone driven both? Any advice welcome.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Member

County: Somerset

Member car:

4C

I would say that it depends what you want to do with the car. If you intend to track it regularly, then maybe the racing pack is more suitable. If you are using it on regular roads, then the standard set-up is probably more suitable.

I have the standard suspension on my 4C and find it excellent. The car handles well but isn't too firm when going over ruts, etc.

I have the standard exhaust but may change that for a racing exhaust, to get a bit more noise.
AO Member

County: -
Quote:
Originally Posted by alfa sod View Post
I would say that it depends what you want to do with the car. If you intend to track it regularly, then maybe the racing pack is more suitable. If you are using it on regular roads, then the standard set-up is probably more suitable.

I have the standard suspension on my 4C and find it excellent. The car handles well but isn't too firm when going over ruts, etc.

I have the standard exhaust but may change that for a racing exhaust, to get a bit more noise.
I had the chance to hear the racing exhaust. It's just incredible. I'm addicted.
I've read the sound can be a bit anoying on the highway, but in an open Spider this won't be an issue.
AO Member

Member car:

4C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giulietta 64 View Post
I had the chance to hear the racing exhaust. It's just incredible. I'm addicted.
I've read the sound can be a bit anoying on the highway, but in an open Spider this won't be an issue.
Yeah, I would say go for it. The cabin noise of the 4C is incredibly noisy anyway - the engine is a matter of inches from your head - and the car has 6 gears so the racing exhaust shouldn't be especially obtrusive for motorway cruising at legal speeds.
AO Member

County: Surrey
I have the standard set up but with the racing exhaust and love the sound, set up is great. Just love driving it and listening to it. An amazing car hope you enjoy yours.
AO Member

County: Buckinghamshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by alfa sod View Post

I have the race exhaust and hate it! If you are up for a swap let me know. I'm happy to come down to your dealer for the swap - each to pay their share of labour. Let me know if you're up for it.
AO Member

Member car:

4C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ullers View Post
I have the race exhaust and hate it! If you are up for a swap let me know. I'm happy to come down to your dealer for the swap - each to pay their share of labour. Let me know if you're up for it.
Interesting offer. I'll definitely have a think about it.
AO Member

Member car:

4C

My old GranSport had valves which controlled the exhaust volume, which provided the best of both worlds. According to a thread on 4C-forums, Pogea have brought out a similar exhaust for the 4C (with the valves controlled by a remote fob rather than an internal button).

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > 4C & 4C Spider

Tags
pack , question , racing

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page