Can't give the 4C away - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

(Post Link) post #1 of 16 Old 16-02-15 Thread Starter

County: -

Member car:

Chevy Volt

Can't give the 4C away

I live in Southern California and am really close to buying one of the 500 launch editions that they'll be selling in the U.S. I'm waiting for a white one, but the only ones available here in the few dealerships in the Los Angeles area have all been the two reds.

Here's the strange part. I'm sure I don't need to argue the merits of how amazing this car is which makes me baffled as to why the dealers are having a tough time selling them. They're sitting on showroom floors for literally weeks. As a matter of fact, the local store just reduced the $71,000 model by almost $10,000. I'm also getting calls and emails almost on a daily basis from salespeople trying to convince me to buy the car.

This is a car that teenagers should be hanging posters of in their rooms, and it's the closest to a Ferrari most people will ever get to. So, what am I missing?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Platinum Member

County: Kent
Quote:
Originally Posted by truetifoso View Post
I live in Southern California and am really close to buying one of the 500 launch editions that they'll be selling in the U.S. I'm waiting for a white one, but the only ones available here in the few dealerships in the Los Angeles area have all been the two reds.

Here's the strange part. I'm sure I don't need to argue the merits of how amazing this car is which makes me baffled as to why the dealers are having a tough time selling them. They're sitting on showroom floors for literally weeks. As a matter of fact, the local store just reduced the $71,000 model by almost $10,000. I'm also getting calls and emails almost on a daily basis from salespeople trying to convince me to buy the car.

This is a car that teenagers should be hanging posters of in their rooms, and it's the closest to a Ferrari most people will ever get to. So, what am I missing?
That's a bit sad but in top trumps/wall poster world it's big numbers that seem to win . Just like F1 may not be the most entertaining ,but it's the most expensive.
AO Member

you are wasting time you could be out driving it. And with 10.000 off, i'd be hanging on the window!
Global Mod Team

County: Tokyo
Perhaps it's too cheap to be true supercar but too expensive for affordable sporty driver?
AO Member

County: Aberdeenshire
Garage
Buy the car, and use the $10k discount to have it painted whatever colour you want !

County: Virginia
TrueT, What you're missing is that the dealers in Los Angeles are trying to sell the car for $90,000 when the MSRP is $71,895. Because the cars can be purchased elsewhere in the U.S., rarely and with considerable effort, for MSRP people are waiting for the prices in LA to come down to MSRP. No one is offering you or anyone else in the U.S. a car below MSRP, and I can only assume when you say the local dealer reduced the price by $10K you mean they lowered the price from $90K to $80K, or maybe from $100K to $90K. I think that covers what you say you're missing.
(Post Link) post #7 of 16 Old 18-02-15 Thread Starter

Member car:

Chevy Volt

Anger Issues

Foleydb,

What's with the bitterness? I have a 40-mile commute each way to and-from work. Because I'm allowed in the carpool lane with the Volt, it turns a traffic-packed hour plus drive to 35 minutes.

Maybe you should see someone about your anger issues. Clearly, there are significant issues in your life that you can't handle like a normal, civilized human being.

BTW - Call Anthony at OC Fiat and ask him yourself.

Anthony Ahmadpour
Internet Sales Manager
Orange Coast Alfa Romeo & Fiat
2524 Harbor Blvd. (Corner of Harbor & Fair Dr.)
Costa Mesa, CA 92626
Orange Coast Fiat Dealer | Orange County, Long Beach, Los Angeles
w:714-546-4511
c:949-554-8762

Last edited by truetifoso; 18-02-15 at 04:04. Reason: took out my full name.
AO Platinum Member

County: West Yorkshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foleydb View Post
TrueT, What you're missing is that the dealers in Los Angeles are trying to sell the car for $90,000 when the MSRP is $71,895. Because the cars can be purchased elsewhere in the U.S., rarely and with considerable effort, for MSRP people are waiting for the prices in LA to come down to MSRP. No one is offering you or anyone else in the U.S. a car below MSRP, and I can only assume when you say the local dealer reduced the price by $10K you mean they lowered the price from $90K to $80K, or maybe from $100K to $90K. I think that covers what you say you're missing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by truetifoso View Post
Foleydb,

What's with the bitterness? I have a 40-mile commute each way to and-from work. Because I'm allowed in the carpool lane with the Volt, it turns a traffic-packed hour plus drive to 35 minutes.

Maybe you should see someone about your anger issues. Clearly, there are significant issues in your life that you can't handle like a normal, civilized human being.

BTW - Call Anthony at OC Fiat and ask him yourself.

Anthony Ahmadpour
Internet Sales Manager
Orange Coast Alfa Romeo & Fiat
2524 Harbor Blvd. (Corner of Harbor & Fair Dr.)
Costa Mesa, CA 92626
Orange Coast Fiat Dealer | Orange County, Long Beach, Los Angeles
w:714-546-4511
c:949-554-8762

That's what I call escalation, you two should have your heads knocked together

Maybe it's an American thing?

Last edited by paintergirl; 19-02-15 at 13:30. Reason: Deleted quotes removed
Global Mod Team

County: Dumfries and Galloway
Garage
Thread tidied.

Please refrain from making personal and offensive remarks.

OK, different tack then. The OP says he has been offered the chance to buy a 4C LE at $10K below MSRP by an Alfa Rome dealer in Los Angeles, California, and has suggested that this "fact" indicates that the 4C is selling poorly and, as he chose to title his post in the 4C forum "can't give away a 4C." Some are skeptical that any LE in the US is being of offered for sale by a dealer at less than MSRP. So, as someone nterested in 4Cs and Alfa Romeo, I ask the OP which Launch Edition number car was offered, what was the offered price, and what was the MSRP please?
AO Gold Member

County: Brokopondo
I reckon the reason they are not selling is because they are White? ;-)

They are selling fine. There are a couple of dealers in Los Angeles that are hoping some seriously rich people won't mind paying a $20K premium. Both the cars at Orange Coast Alfa Romeo are for sale for $90,000 (LE#/VIN #s #077/ZARBAAC42FM132484 and #059/ZARBAAC45FM139574, both are Rosso Alfa). Because almost all the 500 LE's have been apportioned to the dealer network in the U.S., dealers are not expecting to get more LEs in the pipeline. The dealers in Costa Mesa and Santa Monica (both LA more or less) are holding out for the maximum possible price. There are other 4Cs listed for $120,000 and $109,000 elsewhere. The title of this thread should be "Can't give the 4C away for more than $100,000." I bought mine for MSRP, as many others people have done.
AO Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostyDog View Post
That's what I call escalation, you two should have your heads knocked together

Maybe it's an American thing?
I think there was a post or 2 removed which gave this impression. Quite unpleasant really.
AO Member

County: Milano
Just under 47k sterling at 72k dollars so basically a steal, all the extra engineering cost for lamps and rear end structure borne by the ROW, weren't the UK LE's around the 55k mark?. Meanwhile as a regular Alfa customer over the past 25 years I'll carry on waiting.
Club Member
Membro Medio

County: Landon Tan
Garage
Americans don't understand european cars, and when you can get a red neck vette or the like for $50,000 USD why would they look at an alfa.

Just my .02

Quote:
Originally Posted by duemila View Post
Americans don't understand european cars, and when you can get a red neck vette or the like for $50,000 USD why would they look at an alfa.
Hard-pressed over here to get a 'vette(redneck ferrari) under $70k new. Italian cars always arrive to a luke-warm response and then build steam over here. I bet the 4c will get its fair share of attention soon enough.

Another issue with release timing is the new Miata will sell like crazy since it has a huge cult following, and is cheaper....(I'm NOT comparing the two, just letting you know that some of us yanks will often take the cheap route)

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > 4C & 4C Spider

Tags
give

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page