4C Australia Arrival? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

(Post Link) post #1 of 11 Old 16-11-14 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Victoria

Member car:

Alfa Giulietta

4C Australia Arrival?

Hi guys,

I was wondering if anyone has anymore info on when Australia should be receiving the 4c?
I just spoke to to Berwick Alfa Romeo my local and they said they are taking deposits for delivery but cannot guarantee when it will infact arrive..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Member

County: New South Wales
Well you're one up on me. I put my name down on the books for a 4C at my local dealer but this was just in case someone cancelled their order. They said they'd actually stopped taking orders 18 months ago! Same at two other Sydney dealers. And still no word on an arrival date. 6 months ago it was November, now gone. Their next guess was January, but it seems it's only just that.
As for 2014 update model Giulietta's, they won't be here until January as well, or so I've been told. Paul Keating was right about us being at the a*se end of the world. Fiat/Alfa certainly see us that way.

Last edited by ALFAGUY147; 02-12-14 at 03:09.
AO Silver Member

Garage
From what I've been told, the only 4Cs that will arrive early 2015 will be the pre-ordered Launch Editions, which I believe was only a handful anyways, (10 or so) after that, there is no word. The Giulietta Series 2 is well overdue as dealers literally have no stock. I spoke to a Sydney dealer the other day who told me the only model they have are Mitos because they are fresh out of Giulietta's. My brother purchased the last Sportiva Giulietta back in October.

Saluti, Giordano.
AO Member

4C delivery Australia

I dropped into McCarroll's Artarmon on the weekend to ask re 4C having seen on the Alfa website delivery was to be November. Salesman said they had no firm date but said he thought around March. They had only one Giulietta and 4 Mitos available - how can you make a living if you don't have any cars to sell?
Next delivery of Giuliettas will be in January and should be the update.
AO Member

County: -
Wait until they finally confirm the price for the 4C Launch Edition spec. here in Australia.

$100,000 - $120,000.

Happy days.
AO Member

County: Western Australia

Member car:

4C LE

Fact: There are around 65 4C's on two ships steaming toward Australia now
Fact: They will be delivered to customers in March
Fact: Cars will be allocated in date order of deposit paid
Fact: The LE's coming are all Red
Fact: Australia won't be getting Matt White
Fact: Deposit holders will have the opportunity to sit in a 4C before confirming their order
Fact: Pricing won't be released until Jan

Fact: All the above can, and probably will, change
AO Silver Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaliber45 View Post
Fact: There are around 65 4C's on two ships steaming toward Australia now
Fact: They will be delivered to customers in March
Fact: Cars will be allocated in date order of deposit paid
Fact: The LE's coming are all Red
Fact: Australia won't be getting Matt White
Fact: Deposit holders will have the opportunity to sit in a 4C before confirming their order
Fact: Pricing won't be released until Jan

Fact: All the above can, and probably will, change

Where did you get this info from?

Saluti, Giordano.
AO Member

Member car:

4C LE

A contact at AR.
AO Member

Member car:

4C LE

And dealers received the below communique around a week ago. Oh and by white they mean Pearl White, not Matt White (the same as the USA):

FCA Australia is thrilled to announce that after much anticipation, the arrival of the 4C - Alfa Romeo’s ultimate sports car - is fast approaching.
The Alfa Romeo 4C is a particularly important vehicle to the brand. Not just because of its design, engineering and powerful capabilities, but also because the 4C represents the beginning of a new product onslaught from the iconic Italian brand.
Alfa Romeo’s CEO, Harald Wester, confirmed at this month’s LA Auto Show that FCA is investing €5 billion on the Alfa Romeo brand product portfolio.
Initial Arrival Specification:
Model: Launch Edition
Colour: Alfa Red only
First Customer Deliveries:

Mid-Jan – Pricing and specification released to dealers and media
Mid-Jan – Regions contact dealers regarding order ranking and first vehicle allocation
50 units will be available for customer delivery starting in February, 2015. The 50 units are expected to be deliverable by the end of March (please note this is subject to change)
Allocation of cars will be prioritised around order receipt date on a first-in first-served basis
Customer pre-sell event info – the regional office will host a customer preview event in each capital city, should a customer want to see a car before firming up their order.
If the customer wishes to wait for the standard 4C version or a white launch edition (limited availability), they must provide the desired version and colour. This customer will be prioritised to receive the desired vehicle when it arrives
If for any reason the customer cancels the sales contract with the dealer, the unit will be made available to the next available customer on the official order bank waiting list, which may well be at a different dealership
Future deliveries to satisfy any remaining customer orders on the official order bank will be communicated to selling dealers once the production and delivery timing has been confirmed
AO Member

County: Queensland
Why no pearl white?
AO Member

Member car:

4C LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by craig_m67 View Post
Why no pearl white?
Don't you mean matt white? Pearl white will be available. Matt white was too difficult to do apparently, so AR stopped after the EMEA version.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > 4C & 4C Spider

Tags
arrival , australia

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page