More Delays for 4c - Australian market - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

(Post Link) post #1 of 11 Old 08-10-14 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: -
More Delays for 4c - Australian market

So now the 4c deliveries in Australia have been pushed back to most likely 2015 next year.

Good to be reminded the Oz market is considered insignificant on a relative scale

Can't wait for the "revised" pricing as well.

$75k? Not a chance in hell according to the people I've spoken to within Chrysler/FIAT Australia.

On track for 100k+ drive-away.

Alfa 4C wait continues €“ Car Reviews, News & Advice - carsales.com.au
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Silver Member

Well first one (LE 326 I think) has been delivered to it's owner in NZ - dealer said it was the first in Australasia so I guess they were right. Advertised price was NZ$129,990 so yes, a bit more than $75k...
AO Member

County: Buckinghamshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Classico View Post
So now the 4c deliveries in Australia have been pushed back to most likely 2015 next year.

Good to be reminded the Oz market is considered insignificant on a relative scale

Can't wait for the "revised" pricing as well.

$75k? Not a chance in hell according to the people I've spoken to within Chrysler/FIAT Australia.

On track for 100k+ drive-away.

Alfa 4C wait continues – Car Reviews, News & Advice - carsales.com.au
So pretty much same as UK price. Might be worth you looking at importing one of those on the market here - there's got to be a deal to be done! As long as the car is VAT qualifying you would get it tax free. I guess you would have to pay Australian VAT (half UK Vat I believe) or equivalent and shipping. Maybe worth doing the sums. Check out this web site Cars2Australia.co.uk - Car Shipping Made Easy
AO Member

County: Western Australia

Member car:

4C LE

Not allowed to import. Forbidden by law.

NZ doesn't have the retarded import laws Australia does, so odds are it's a grey import. No Aust/NZ 4Cs have been delivered to Aust/NZ yet. In fact the first few for our market are currently being manufactured at the moment.
(Post Link) post #5 of 11 Old 09-10-14 Thread Starter
AO Member

Remember stating on here months ago this car was going to be 100k+ in Australia.

Didn't go down too well with those in Oz convinced it would be sold for $75k.

Anyway, for that 100k+ bracket, quite happy to buy a 2nd-hand Maser Granturismo.

And yes, imports from UK are forbidden by law here in Oz by private consumers (with some caveats).
AO Silver Member

Yes the one sold in NZ was a "grey import", bought via the UK. Very easy to do in NZ, but the car does need to be VAT qualified or you effectively pay VAT twice, which isn't nice.
AO Member

County: Milano
Meanwhile the man in the wooly jumper Sergio M is giving them away to the sceptics,.
AO Member

Member car:

4C LE

Latest update. A small qty of 4C's will be in Australia in Feb 2015. Only one year late. Will post more info on Monday.
AO Gold Member

Member car:

1750 Turbo

Wouldn't be surprised if they were 150K +
AO Member

Member car:

4C LE

Drum rollllllllllllll......

A qty >20 4C LE's are (allegedly) departing for Australia on Nov 6th and will be delivered Jan 2015. They are all going to be Alfa Red (not Competizione). The only optional extra will be the suitcase.

Distribution will be via the list AR Aust has of deposit holders. That means those who were very quick to place a deposit with a dealer will be first cabs off the rank.

AR couldn't tell me whether the spec is the same as the Euro LE, nor has pricing been set yet. However they hope to know the pricing and spec sometime mid-late November.

Please note that AR ARE changing details on a DAILY basis, so this information could be out of date tomorrow.

Last edited by kaliber45; 23-10-14 at 09:33.
AO Gold Member

Member car:

1750 Turbo

If I could afford to pay $150K for an Australian 4C, I would have just flown to Europe or USA bought a new one for $50K, thrashed it and got it out of my system and sold it again to someone else possibly for a profit because there so hard to get. Then flown back to Australia very happy Id gotten it out of my system for 1/3 of the price.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > 4C & 4C Spider

Tags
australian , delays , market

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page